PDA

View Full Version : tlr 22 shock oils


atsang
29-03-2012, 02:35 PM
hi guys... Just a quick comment about shock oils...

Used 15 wt shock oils in my 22 last night racin indoor carpet and wow!!! wat a suprise i got! Car rolled into corners lovely and no grip roll allowin me to power through the corners without worrying about the car flipping...

What oils are you usingin the 22 and how is she handling? Also changed pistons to 54 again softening the car up more!

Really enjoyed running light oils and an aweslme nights racing!!!

jaythewarrior
29-03-2012, 11:44 PM
i'm running 35 front and 30 rear, but i'm on Durango shocks AE silver rear springs and AE green on the front, its quite nice.

jcb
30-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd say you have to match your shock oil to pistons and springs so you could really run any weight of oil assuming the spring and piston compliment the oil.
Running thin oil and a small piston may give the same static feel as thick oil and large piston when you compress the car on the bench but it will give a very different feel on the track.

At the moment I am favoring:

Front:
37.5wt
3 hole 1.45mm tapered piston
blue spring

Rear:
27.5wt
3 hole 1.55mm tapered piston
yellow spring

On a grass or astro track.

As a rough guide I would generally run anything between 30 and 40wt in the front with either a 4 hole #55 piston or 3 hole 1.45mm tapered piston on green, blue or black springs.

In the rear I've tended to use 25wt to 32.5wt with a 4 hole piston with 2 holes #54 and two holes #55 or a 3 hole 1.55mm tapered piston on white, yellow or pink springs.


I guess at the end of the day providing it's working for you it doesn't really matter what you run.