View Full Version : Mid Life crisis
GRIFF55
31-03-2012, 06:39 PM
So, I have just had my 44th birthday and I have a bit of a dilema
So which one should i do
Cut off my flowing greying curls of hair and wake up and realise I'm not a cool surfer
Start to lose some of my massive excess weight
Start to take an interest in women instead of men
Stop crying like a child about how far it is to go racing anywhere
Actually get a proper job as opposed to mowing some grass 1 afternoon a week
Or of course all of the above
What do you guys think ?
usagi
31-03-2012, 06:46 PM
As the old saying goes....
If it feels good.....do it :woot:
David Church
31-03-2012, 06:48 PM
If your 44, why don't you race at the Vet's EOS???
Oh and cut your hair you hippie!!!:D
GRIFF55
31-03-2012, 06:52 PM
It's because I know I can't win it
bigred5765
31-03-2012, 07:05 PM
shave your head that worked for me
mikeyscott
31-03-2012, 07:17 PM
44 having a laugh?
Mate bought a Audi TTRS when he hit 40 lol
GRIFF55
31-03-2012, 07:40 PM
I know, suprising isn't it! Always tried to keep my 21 yr old looks:thumbsup:
Griff Griff Griff..... dont you realise you are Living The Dream ?!?
You are an inspiration for all male 40-somethings everywhere. We all have 'proper jobs'. Trust me, its not all its cracked up to be. And a lot of us dont have the mass of hair for having 'flowing curls', grey or not - keep them while you can ! Just stay as you are, the moment you start to 'grow up' youll be in check shirts and brogues before you realise it :o
Frankly half of o0ple would probably swap our lifestyle for yours straight away - im up for it, when can i start ?? Mow a lawn one afternoon a week ?? Game on... :woot:
Now, as your obviously having a mid-life crisis and ive been nice to you, can you let me pass you a couple of times tomorrow, or at least not lap me too much ? :lol:
David Church
01-04-2012, 04:49 AM
It's because I know I can't win it
It's never stopped you racing before :woot:
Si Coe
01-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Man-Rules are quite clear on mid-life crises. There are only two acceptable solutions:
1 ) A Motorbike *
2 ) A Mistress **
Since you have no money, you can't really afford either. My advice therefore is to skip straight past this phase and into the post-midlife stage. Which means you should take up fishing!
* Rules state the motorbike must be absurdly powerful. A 50cc scooter is not acceptable. You can however choose between pretending to be a Hell's Angel on a Harley or a Power Ranger on a superbike - either is fine as long as you look ridiculous.
** Rules define a Mistress as a woman at most half your age - in your case no older than 22. This also sets the minimum legal age at which you can have a midlife crisis as 32 - any younger and the cops get involved.
bodgit
01-04-2012, 09:43 AM
At 44 your bodies not as great as it used to be. Things are starting to loosen . The only advice I can give you is
1 Never pass a toilet without going in.
2 Never never trust a fart.
I got a bike for mine at 48
jukeboxman
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
44? mid life crisis? not any longer....due to the majority living longer the midlife crisis is now 50 ( as far as I'm concerned anyway)
Do what you like with your hair whilst you can - it'll leave you soon enough and then you won't have a choice.
It's not essential that you buy a motorbike - more 'mid life crisis' bikers are now injured or killed than young'uns that are just starting out. You could buy a sports car or convertible - I did that...you don't look any less ridiculous but at least you're more comfortable and have space for your zimmer....and I'm 53 next birthday.
If you've managed to survive financially by cutting lawns once a week or so, why change? unless of course you need to increase your spending. Working full time or running a business is a pain in the proverbial - the only reason most of do is because we have to...I know I'd give it up tomorrow given half a chance and the right financial offer.
As for taking a mistress......if you've already got a woman in your life why risk more expense and take on another..are you completely mad?
Lose the weight though...that won't do you any harm.
Frecklychimp
01-04-2012, 05:38 PM
44? mid life crisis? - ...you don't look any less ridiculous.... I'm 53 next birthday.
Hmmm, jury's out on that one.. Magnum PI
53, you have been 53 for at least 5 years :p
Belsten
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Ha ha ha I bet most people dont realise either that we have been racing with a true "celebrity".
1st you tried to disguise yourself as Wagner from X Factor
and now Jonathan from Britains Got Talent last week
http://news.google.co.uk/news/tbn/CzyUcjIJPaAJ/6.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/322097&sa=X&ei=qqV4T6jHJ9Ci8gOBy7yYDQ&ved=0CCYQpwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFPmZraxyZ8NooODRJojGcKA7NQqA)
David Church
01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Ha ha ha I bet most people dont realise either that we have been racing with a true "celebrity".
1st you tried to disguise yourself as Wagner from X Factor
and now Jonathan from Britains Got Talent last week
http://news.google.co.uk/news/tbn/CzyUcjIJPaAJ/6.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/322097&sa=X&ei=qqV4T6jHJ9Ci8gOBy7yYDQ&ved=0CCYQpwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFPmZraxyZ8NooODRJojGcKA7NQqA)
Quality!!!
GRIFF55
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
If only you were on facebook you would have seen it days ago bav. Don't forget I was subo too, damn I'm good at talent shows:lol:
Belsten
01-04-2012, 07:18 PM
With all that money youre earning from them Im not surprised you only need to work half a day a week mowing
David Church
01-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Damn thats a good picture of you Andy!!! Have you lost weight?
Belsten
01-04-2012, 07:23 PM
No he is just wearing bigger clothes
David Church
01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
What style, he knows where to shop.
Dudders
01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
44?
You've bloody well not!!!
GRIFF55
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I shop at various car boots dc, I can hook you up with some good ones if you like?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.