PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how dangerous LiPo's are


Matt B
02-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Some language in this, hardly surprising as I've never seen a LiPo explode like this!

http://youtu.be/yJshXChrL7Y

i4n
03-04-2012, 07:17 AM
That blokes obviously a few sandwiches short of a picnic, I mean, who goes around STABBING old LiPo batteries! :woot:

They're perfectly safe if used correctly (and by that I mean charged IAW BRCA guidelines and not discharged below 3V per cell). I've seen one LiPo cell go up in the last few years and that was because it was accidentally charged on NiMh setting, however, I've seen countless NiMh turn into a bomb just by being charged correctly......

Cream
03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
What did he expect to happen? and what a complete jockey to be holding it while he's knocking the crap out of it.

It's a bit like saying petrol is dangerous, look what happens when I put a match to it.

sly
03-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Matt with a space b, the link is to someone called Mattjbaugh, could it be the original topic poster who stupidly did this.

Naushad
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Obviously someone who has nothing to do...maybe it was for thrills.

TBH, I don't think he forgot how dangerous they are!

metalmickey0
03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Serves him right the idiot

bodgit
03-04-2012, 11:49 AM
As he managed to film it with his "new" HD camera Im guessing the old camera was knackered so it was just done for fun.

crtpromachine
03-04-2012, 01:06 PM
1 simple way to explain this guy

Fuc**** Nutter and a mennace to the society

He really need to get a life and learn to grow up i think and to put it on you tube well that just shows the metality of him and what a complete pric* he is

mark christopher
03-04-2012, 02:06 PM
That blokes obviously a few sandwiches short of a picnic, I mean, who goes around STABBING old LiPo batteries! :woot:

They're perfectly safe if used correctly (and by that I mean charged IAW BRCA guidelines and not discharged below 3V per cell). I've seen one LiPo cell go up in the last few years and that was because it was accidentally charged on NiMh setting, however, I've seen countless NiMh turn into a bomb just by being charged correctly......

your wrong to say correctly as when ncharging Nimh, no one followed the manufactures guide lines printed on the cell

i4n
03-04-2012, 03:57 PM
your wrong to say correctly as when ncharging Nimh, no one followed the manufactures guide lines printed on the cell

That may explain some of them Mark, but please explain my one that went up when it was charged at 1C after being discharged to 0.9V per cell on a Novak Smart Tray and being allowed to cool before charging...... Oh, it wasn't an Intellect bomb either!

markyboy
03-04-2012, 04:08 PM
nut case :D

gainsy
03-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Frankly that is bloody idiotic behaviour, what exactly were you trying to achieve? to look cool? to impress your mates? you ain't impressed anyone
Not a good example to set the kids who come on this site :thumbdown:

mark christopher
03-04-2012, 06:14 PM
That may explain some of them Mark, but please explain my one that went up when it was charged at 1C after being discharged to 0.9V per cell on a Novak Smart Tray and being allowed to cool before charging...... Oh, it wasn't an Intellect bomb either!
simple

you were charging over the manufactures recomendation, none of the manufactures of the cells said charge at 1c

i4n
03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I stand corrected there then!

Matt B
06-04-2012, 10:41 PM
This was me, having a bit of fun, I accept the losses I could have possibly had...