View Full Version : B4 gearing help?
Speeed Freak:)
03-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Have a new, well 2nd hand B4, I've put a 9T in her but doesn't seem to fast on a 21 pinion so changed it to a 23 and better but still not great, had a look at the spur and it's an 87! Interestingly the car popped the front wheels up with the 23 pinion and not the 21? I would of thought it would of been the other way round?
Would totally changing the gearing around have a better result? I.e quicker?
Or do I chuck a 6.5 or 5.5 in?
Richard Lowe
03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Have a new, well 2nd hand B4, I've put a 9T in her but doesn't seem to fast on a 21 pinion so changed it to a 23 and better but still not great, had a look at the spur and it's an 87! Interestingly the car popped the front wheels up with the 23 pinion and not the 21? I would of thought it would of been the other way round?
Would totally changing the gearing around have a better result? I.e quicker?
Or do I chuck a 6.5 or 5.5 in?
9.5 in a B4 you should be somewhere around 24/78 really possibly higher, depends on the brand of motor.
In my experience with brushless you just get more power in general the higher you gear it (up to a point obviously) :)
lardy37
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
hi,as far as i am aware the 87t spur is kit standard on the T4 so it looks like who ever you got it from may have damaged the proper one which i think standard is 81t for b4.1 so they fitted the 87 just to get it going as the kit comes with both so get a smaller spur that should sort it :thumbsup:
Dudders
03-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Andy,
In my old B4 I have a 6.5t and 21/84.
I'd stick with the motor and put a 78 spur on and a 23 pinion :thumbsup:
Neil
Speeed Freak:)
06-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys!
alex97
06-04-2012, 09:09 PM
i have a 10 turn 81/22 that is fast with 7.4 lipo
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.