PDA

View Full Version : 22nd April - BRCA 2WD Mid South Regional


mikeyscott
04-04-2012, 08:32 AM
On the 22nd of April TORCH is hosting the first round of the 2WD BRCA Mid South regional series.

I know there is various bits of info that can be found in the Mid South (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47) section on Oople, but this is really for TORCH local racers & details for guests.

If you haven't booked in, please do so - www.dmsresults.co.uk - would be also good to see local TORCH racers at the other venues and I can already see a number of our regulars are booked in.

There is a 4WD class for racers who don't have a 2WD, this is not BRCA champsionship scoring. Booking can be found at www.dmsresults.co.uk for all the Mid South meetings.

TWO VERY IMPORTANT POINTS

1) No BRCA membership card NO RACING. Simple as. So DON'T forget your card. If you are not a BRCA member please get it sorted. Speak to the club membership sec or have a look on the BRCA website. www.brca.org

2) Charging must be done in LIPO sacks, failure to do so and you'll be asked to leave the meeting

Please also have a look at the BRCA website for BRCA legal kit list

http://www.brca.org/?q=content/homologation-lists-2012-updates/14218

Any further questions please post on this thread, please don't PM me. If it's posted here other TORCH people can answer the questions etc.

Full details such as what time gates open, parking, facilities, food and so forth will be posted within the next few days.

Adam F
09-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Full details such as what time gates open, parking, facilities, food and so forth will be posted within the next few days.

Any idea when this will be posted?

We have a very long drive so need to know what time things are kicking off in case we need to book hotels etc..

freddie
09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Will there be a shop at the regional ?

JCJC
09-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Will there be a shop at the regional ?

will DMS be there, I see Darren is booked in, I am sure if you want anything specific he may bring it, give him a call.

mikeyscott
09-04-2012, 06:57 PM
will DMS be there, I see Darren is booked in, I am sure if you want anything specific he may bring it, give him a call.

Shops currently attending

DMS
RC Lazy
Inside Line Racing
RudeBits

RE what shops are bringing etc. please contact them direct.

I expect people to be getting trackside from about 06:30-7am.

It will not be open practice at TORCH - two 4 min rounds of practice

I will post more info after I've sorted out a few work things

Darren Boyle
09-04-2012, 08:05 PM
As per every year for the last 12+ seasons, we will be present and supporting all rounds of the Mid South regionals.

Adam F
09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
I expect people to be getting trackside from about 06:30-7am

Holiday Inn it is then!!

lewise
13-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I have just booked Jack in, its showing R1 but also that the entry is not full ? how do we find out if he is in or not ? also are there control tyres ? and finally do the Lipo's have to be on the BRCA list ?

Darren Boyle
13-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Jack will simply appear as R1 whilst he is new to the system and as yet has not been approved (I will log on now and approve him then his entry will revert to normal).

No control tyre at our regionals.

All motors and batteries must be BRCA approved as per the 2012 lists which can be found on the BRCA website

jpmatrix
13-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I have just booked Jack in, its showing R1 but also that the entry is not full ? how do we find out if he is in or not ? also are there control tyres ? and finally do the Lipo's have to be on the BRCA list ?


Hi.

I registered my details on Tuesday and also had 'r1' until yesterday and now on the main list of enteries so I guess the process takes a couple of days.

Brushless motor and lipos must be brca legal. There is a link somewhere giving the list of motors and lipos that are brca approved or just google brca and go from there.

jpmatrix
13-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Jack will simply appear as R1 whilst he is new to the system and as yet has not been approved (I will log on now and approve him then his entry will revert to normal).

No control tyre at our regionals.

All motors and batteries must be BRCA approved as per the 2012 lists which can be found on the BRCA website

So any tyres can be used?

jaywestwood
13-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Jack will simply appear as R1 whilst he is new to the system and as yet has not been approved (I will log on now and approve him then his entry will revert to normal).

No control tyre at our regionals.

All motors and batteries must be BRCA approved as per the 2012 lists which can be found on the BRCA website

We have all been told only Schumacher tyres or BB's at regionals????

Darren Boyle
13-04-2012, 01:08 PM
We have all been told only Schumacher tyres or BB's at regionals????

They "probably" will be the best ones to use anyway, but you can use what you like at a regional, whoever told you otherwise is wrong sadly since our region is open tyres.....

jpmatrix
13-04-2012, 01:20 PM
We have all been told only Schumacher tyres or BB's at regionals????

That's what I thought hence why erased some of my post.
Maybe cause I'm getting mixed up with torch summer series.

jaywestwood
13-04-2012, 01:38 PM
We were using dboots and were told schumacher only... anyway all is good :)
thanks

mikeyscott
13-04-2012, 01:47 PM
That's what I thought hence why erased some of my post.
Maybe cause I'm getting mixed up with torch summer series.

I think this is the case as I/WE haven't said anything re regional control tyres.

TORCH Summer Series - Yes.

Personally I'll be running Schumacher/ballistics, but that's my choice.

hotrodchris
13-04-2012, 03:34 PM
If very wet i will run dboots otherwise shumacher yellow or ballistic greens!:woot::thumbsup:

M.Andrews
13-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Quick question for Darren. There is a 4wd heat for the 2wd regionals and no one has booked into the 4wd heat yet for TORCH,just wondering do you have to have a minimum number of entries?.
I don't have a 2wd but would like to race as its my local club.

Darren Boyle
14-04-2012, 09:21 PM
That is up to the club, they may have their own list of entries too for the open, of people who may not have booked in online, but I guess they would want at least 5 or 6 in the heat to do so ???

PaulUpton
15-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Mikey, what time will the heat practise start, just wondering what time to get there, as I'm a f4 I'm no doubt going to be in the first few heats, depending how many F5's are entered. Can you post a provisional heat listing, will save time on the day if people have something to go by beforehand

rob8246
15-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Mikey, what time will the heat practise start, just wondering what time to get there, as I'm a f4 I'm no doubt going to be in the first few heats, depending how many F5's are entered. Can you post a provisional heat listing, will save time on the day if people have something to go by beforehand

Hi Paul,

Heat listings will not be posted before Sunday morning. As you are aware, due to the booking in system drivers can withdraw or enter up to this Friday and even book in on the day if spaces are available.
This therefore means the heat listings will change and will need to be altered on a regular basis leading up to the meeting.
I will be posting a full meeting schedule later today which should answer most questions that people may have.

RR.

AmiSMB
15-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Looking forward to seeing your hard work RR :)

rob8246
15-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Sunday 22nd April 2012

Venue opens from 7.00am
Booking in opens @ 7.00am
Booking in closes @ 8.00am
Practice round 1 starts @ 8.30am
Drivers briefing will follow after Practice
Format:
There will be 2 rounds of 4 minute practice in heat order which will be timed. Results will be displayed on the results board following each heat.
Marshalling during the practice rounds is NOT compulsory but the club and more so the drivers would appreciate it
Race numbers are not required during practice.
There will then be 4 rounds of qualifying round by round. Race numbers will be required on all cars, one on the window and one on the left side.
The finals will be single leg apart from the 'A' final which will be 3 legs.

All other information will be made clear during drivers briefing.

TORCH as a club is very proud to be hosting 2 regionals this year and will make every effort to make it an enjoyable experience for all that attend.

RR.

Darren Boyle
15-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Sunday 22nd April 2012

Venue opens @ 6.00am
Booking in opens @ 6.15am
Drivers briefing is @ 8.15am
Practice round 1 starts @ 8.30am

Format:
There will be 2 rounds of 4 minute practice in heat order which will be timed. Results will be displayed on the results board following each heat.
Marshalling during the practice rounds is NOT compulsory but the club and more so the drivers would appreciate it
Race numbers are not required during practice.
There will then be 4 rounds of qualifying round by round. Race numbers will be required on all cars, one on the window and one on the left side.
The finals will be single leg apart from the 'A' final which will be 3 legs.

All other information will be made clear during drivers briefing.

TORCH as a club is very proud to be hosting 2 regionals this year and will make every effort to make it an enjoyable experience for all that attend.

RR.

WOW guys that is a SERIOUSLY early start time for a regional, we did not start proceedings that early at the national this weekend :o (see below). Is it worth considering pegging back some of those times slightly in light of the fact that some drivers from the region have to travel 2+ hours to your venue from the far north of our region - since you are the southern most track) :confused:

Only a suggestion, but we dont want to put people off with a sub 4am start to their journey which may then lead to them canceling their entry....

(National this weekend - most arrived at around 7/7:30am, Booking in 7-8am, Practise started at 8am, 2 rounds of 3 minute heats practise. Drivers breifing (quite a long one) followed that and heat 1 of qualifying was at 10.05am - bare in mind this was with an extra 20 drivers too - 120 - with only a 100at the regional we would have 4 less practises, 10 less heats and 2 less finals to run, meaning a saving of around 1hr 45 ish over a national - which finished just after 6pm......... just an idea guys.)

PaulUpton
15-04-2012, 08:04 PM
It's a 2 and a half hour journey for me. Would mean leaving at 3.30am to get there at 6 when gates open :o

As Darren has said you need to rethink the timings

Darren Boyle
15-04-2012, 08:11 PM
It's a 2 and a half hour journey for me. Would mean leaving at 3.30am to get there at 6 when gates open :o

As Darren has said you need to rethink the timings

Paul I agree with you FULLY, but it is only a "suggestion" from my part to make the meeting(s) more enjoyable for all, but to say that the club "need" to rethink the timing is harsh/strong. Its their meeting and their choice, but I just think it would be aiwse move for the better enjoyment of all, to seriouly consider moving thek back and hour or two, sijce I dont think there is a "need" to open up th gates and get things going that early.

(I will say now, at the two Watford events, the doors will not be opening until 8am, there will be plenty of practice for all and we will be finished at a reaonable hour too, plus we are fairly central to the region for everyone too which is an added bonus)

PaulUpton
15-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Paul I agree with you FULLY, but it is only a "suggestion" from my part to make the meeting(s) more enjoyable for all, but to say that the club "need" to rethink the timing is harsh/strong. Its their meeting and their choice, but I just think it would be aiwse move for the better enjoyment of all, to seriouly consider moving thek back and hour or two, sijce I dont think there is a "need" to open up th gates and get things going that early.

(I will say now, at the two Watford events, the doors will not be opening until 8am, there will be plenty of practice for all and we will be finished at a reaonable hour too, plus we are fairly central to the region for everyone too which is an added bonus)

Not ment to come across harsh/strong. Just agreeing with you. :)

rob8246
15-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Paul/Darren,

Appreciate your comments and concerns so let me just justify the reasons behind the timings.
The gates are now open at 7am with booking in closing at 8am.
The main reason for this is so we can book drivers in/collect money etc in good time to sort the final heat list before practice. Depending on the the entry this will take at least an hour.
Darren mentioned the nationals format well their driver list is sorted well before the day including payment so they dont need to do this only register the drivers hence the later start time.
Maybe it would be better to have drivers briefing after practice to allow more time early on to sort things out.
Paul has already mentioned he (and others) will have a long drive so the aim is not to finish late so these guys can get away at a sensible time.
As this is our 1st big meeting we are just trying to cover all the bases. Past experience dictates that you cannot please everyone but gettings things sorted early will allow the meeting to start on time.

Hope this helps and original post now ammended.

RR.

Swiss
15-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I have never been to any meeting that booking in starts at 6.15, that seems crazy to me. Leaving at 4am spending a whole day racing and having a 2hr drive home. Please tell me that was a typo.... I personally would

Swiss
15-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I have never been to any meeting that booking in starts at 6.15, that seems crazy to me. Leaving at 4am spending a whole day racing and having a 2hr drive home. Please tell me that was a typo.... I personally would be concerned for my own safety driving home after that a day that long.

rob8246
15-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I have never been to any meeting that booking in starts at 6.15, that seems crazy to me. Leaving at 4am spending a whole day racing and having a 2hr drive home. Please tell me that was a typo.... I personally would be concerned for my own safety driving home after that a day that long.

Booking in is open from 7am till 8am.

AmiSMB
16-04-2012, 07:31 AM
I have never been to any meeting that booking in starts at 6.15, that seems crazy to me. Leaving at 4am spending a whole day racing and having a 2hr drive home. Please tell me that was a typo.... I personally would be concerned for my own safety driving home after that a day that long.

Petit race at Maritime was like that.

Darren Boyle
16-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Petit race at Maritime was like that.


But to be fair being a large "international" 2 day meeting "most" people with any kind of distance to travel where in a hotel close by, for a regional that would be a little extreme.

RR, I think the new amended schedule looks far better mate which gives plenty of daylight to get home in for those driving a few hours from t'up north

TARTMAN
16-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Glad the start time was changed, I am less than an hour away and still thought 6am was a tad early lol..........

Looking forward to this 1st regional! See you all Sunday!:thumbsup:

Adam F
19-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Hope the drainage is good! Weather looks crap!

Oxygen
19-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Hope the drainage is good! Weather looks crap!

:thumbdown:

Adam F
19-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Seriously though, having never been to Torch, how does the track stand up to wet weather?

We have a six hour round trip and a hotel stop over , so if the track floods easily it would be good to know up front.

Otherwise I have blue tak... :thumbsup:

RudeTony
19-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Weather actually improving for Sunday and the track is fine even if raining
Blue tak is a good idea!

RobW
19-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Seriously though, having never been to Torch, how does the track stand up to wet weather?

We have a six hour round trip and a hotel stop over , so if the track floods easily it would be good to know up front.

Otherwise I have blue tak... :thumbsup:


Hi

Track does hold up pretty well with wet weather. It is on a slight slope so water runs off and drainage ditches were built in underneath.

Obviously if you get enough rain small puddles will eventually start to form but since the track was rebuilt a couple of years ago I have never seen it flooded to the point it was unraceable due to standing water.

If it is just showers as currently forecast then I am sure it will be fine.

Rob

lordnikon
19-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Seems to dry pretty quickly too even with just a breeze and not much sun so if its overcast and dry you should soon find it drying out :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
19-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Steve are you attending?

It's £10 pre book - £15 on day

chuckie stella
19-04-2012, 07:41 PM
We have a six hour round trip and a hotel stop over , so if the track floods easily it would be good to know up front.

You just want to know how much beer you can drink in the hotel! Good skills!! ;)

Adam F
19-04-2012, 07:42 PM
You joining us Matt or doing the early morning run?

Regardless of the weather I cant wait!! :thumbsup:

Dudders
19-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Steve are you attending?

It's £10 pre book - £15 on day

Is that the price for all regionals on the day?

Also, did you get my email from a few days ago?

chuckie stella
19-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Is that the price for all regionals on the day?

Apart from yours, I thought we agreed £5:D

Dudders
19-04-2012, 08:15 PM
MAtt, you're soooooo wrong!, it's £3 and a Maccy D's to the race director! :woot:

lordnikon
19-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Steve are you attending?

It's £10 pre book - £15 on day

No mate its abit too 'hardcore' for me, will stick to the club levels :thumbsup:

Good Luck with it though, should be a good day, especially if the weather does hold out

chuckie stella
19-04-2012, 10:07 PM
It'll be a good day dry or wet I'm sure, same for everyone! :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
19-04-2012, 10:35 PM
It'll be a good day dry or wet I'm sure, same for everyone! :thumbsup:

Yup certainly looking forward to it. My own racing and watching top heat :)

Dudder's will provide you feedback after the weekend.

jaywestwood
20-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Weather not looking great then :thumbdown:

Fri
SatSunMonhttp://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/weather/35/light_rain.pnghttp://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/weather/35/tstorms.pnghttp://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/weather/35/tstorms.pnghttp://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/weather/35/light_rain.pngScattered CloudsWind: W at 7 mphHumidity: 71%13°3°13°5°14°7°13°5°

makinwaves
20-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Lazy goo will be in abundant supplies and is way better than blu tak. Come over and see the Lazy team on Sunday.

That said, fingers crossed for good weather!!

Mark

lewise
20-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Mark I have been trying to call to order some Lazy Good the last few days but can't get a answer is there a good time to call, I need some for Sunday and would rather not do it on the day.

TARTMAN
20-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Mark I have been trying to call to order some Lazy Good the last few days but can't get a answer is there a good time to call, I need some for Sunday and would rather not do it on the day.


They will have plenty, I double checked myself. takes about 10 mins to dry, so doing it on the day should be OK if you dont get it before then........:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
20-04-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/southampton

hotrodchris
20-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Lazy goo will be in abundant supplies and is way better than blu tak. Come over and see the Lazy team on Sunday.

That said, fingers crossed for good weather!!

Mark

I'm all goooed up and ready!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Well the car is!:woot::confused:

makinwaves
20-04-2012, 06:14 PM
@lewise

We're both really busy with our real jobs but as luck would have it we are both in the shop tomorrow morning! Pop in and we'll have some goo waiting for you.

The best way to get in touch is to order through the online shop or on email [email protected]

We find it really tricky to be in the shop during the week.

Really looking forward to Sunday whatever the weather!

Mark

DHB
20-04-2012, 06:30 PM
@lewise

We're both really busy with our real jobs but as luck would have it we are both in the shop tomorrow morning! Pop in and we'll have some goo waiting for you.

The best way to get in touch is to order through the online shop or on email [email protected]

We find it really tricky to be in the shop during the week.

Really looking forward to Sunday whatever the weather!

Mark

Do I see a fair weather racer coming to play in the great outdoors in this stunning weather we are having. :o

Skelbo
20-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Fellas - assuming we do get a bit soggy, what would you suggest is the most obvious wet weather tyre choice? Is it BB pink minispikes? I havent done any wet running at all so I'm all ears. I'm driving an SV2. Thanks, Nick.

Darren Boyle
20-04-2012, 07:05 PM
BB Greens or Pinks would do the trick in the moist stuff ;-)

Skelbo
20-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks Darren. Please can you put a pair of fronts/rears/wheels (for Cougar) and inserts aside with my name on? I will see you there first thing Sunday. Cheers, Nick.

dibble34
20-04-2012, 07:26 PM
May be a silly question :blush: can I run non brca legal batteries in practice?

hotrodchris
20-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Fellas - assuming we do get a bit soggy, what would you suggest is the most obvious wet weather tyre choice? Is it BB pink minispikes? I havent done any wet running at all so I'm all ears. I'm driving an SV2. Thanks, Nick.
Personally if really wet i find Dboots in B better than BB Greens at Torch!

TARTMAN
20-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Personally if really wet i find Dboots in B better than BB Greens at Torch!

i ran BB pinks on the 4wd there in slight wet and they were mega grippy

at SHRCCC greens Bb or pinks. and Dboots B worked well. so...........

it seems all work depending on car and driver etc. I am sure there will be enough to go round lol..............

BB greens, pinks and Dboots B trras and multis look lime the choices.

happy racing, see you all sunday...................:thumbsup:

TARTMAN
20-04-2012, 10:38 PM
silly question i know, but double checking, there we be a seller of hot food and beverages Sunday?............................. :woot:

AmiSMB
21-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I believe there is the burger van in attendance.

MrMagoo
21-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I've been told that Freddy has confirmed his attendance with the snack-wagon. Probably be the highlight of my day:lol:

RudeTony
21-04-2012, 09:19 AM
May be a silly question :blush: can I run non brca legal batteries in practice?

That is OK as officially the meeting doesn't start till round 1 is under way

dibble34
21-04-2012, 11:59 AM
That is OK as officially the meeting doesn't start till round 1 is under way

Cheers for that! Just means I don't meet to charge so often

RudeTony
21-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I think the weather forecasts are rubbish.
I am convinced they have no idea what they publish.
It has said rain all week here and it has rained once for 5 minutes.
I think the weather will be sunny so I am bringing my shorts :lol:

dibble34
21-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I live 5 mins from the track and the weather has been good today so far. One brief shower that didn't get the pavements wet. It's nie and warm in then sun, should be drying the track nicely :)

Smartalec
21-04-2012, 01:18 PM
I think the weather forecasts are rubbish.
I am convinced they have no idea what they publish.
It has said rain all week here and it has rained once for 5 minutes.
I think the weather will be sunny so I am bringing my shorts :lol:

Get me a picture Tone, I love a good laugh :woot:

mikeyscott
21-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Questions or cancellation or detail changes such as PTs etc etc etc

Please EMAIL [email protected]

Don't PM me!

By emailing all of the involved TORCH people get visability

Northern Monkey
21-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I live 5 mins from the track and the weather has been good today so far. One brief shower that didn't get the pavements wet. It's nie and warm in then sun, should be drying the track nicely :)

It was certainly warm down there Dave. Fingers crossed weather wise :thumbsup:

jonathan may
21-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Are there any places left or is it too late to book in .

TARTMAN
21-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Are there any places left or is it too late to book in .

dms site says closed for booking in. not sure if there is any pay on the day gaps. email torch.

TARTMAN
21-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I guess it does not matter, but if we have changed our car model/make, do we have to inform the club etc. i would asume not, but checking. :confused:

stumpiey
21-04-2012, 05:14 PM
mate, you change your buggy more often than your pants:D

Dudders
21-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Paul,

All clubs have decided to use a random car from a pre defined menu for Tartman!

Darren, you're getting almost as bad as Pip!

jonathan may
21-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks guys for sorting out mine and pauls entrys :thumbsup:
see you tommorow hope the weather is ok long drive up from cornwall for rain .

TARTMAN
21-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Paul and Neil. your both mean to me.

I have just yet to find the ideal 2wd for me, love my sx3, but have still not decided on the 2wd.....

only got a rango and a centro to go now lol............. if the 22 is not right....................................:woot::wo ot::woot::woot::woot:

PaulUpton
21-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Paul and Neil. your both mean to me.

I have just yet to find the ideal 2wd for me, love my sx3, but have still not decided on the 2wd.....

only got a rango and a centro to go now lol............. if the 22 is not right....................................:woot::wo ot::woot::woot::woot:

22 in the wet tomorrow......good luck :p

Should of kept the ansmann :)

TARTMAN
21-04-2012, 06:48 PM
22 in the wet tomorrow......good luck :p

Should of kept the ansmann :)


I have only driven it ion the wet so far and seems OK to me, tomorrow will tell........... the X2C was awsome in the wet i have to say.

one day, maybe, just maybe i will decide on one....... maybe not........:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

jonathan may
22-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Was looking forward to this today but with the bad weather i had last night and the heavy rain when i wokeup did not feel the 3 hour drive from cornwall was worth the risk :( . Hope you all had a dry and nice day .

Skelbo
22-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks for a great days racing to all at Torch. The weather may have kept us on our toes, but it didn't dampen spirits or very good racing throughout the field. See you again soon.

TARTMAN
22-04-2012, 07:48 PM
As always a great day had. Well run regional.(my 1st ever)

Yes the weather took a turn for the wet worst, and those hail stones hurt my shaved head when i was marshalling lol. But, Did not dampen my day.

A Win in the G final, could have been better but i am happy with that!

Look forward to the next(4wd) one at torch......

Well done everyone...........

Dazza

mikeyscott
22-04-2012, 08:32 PM
http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/BRCA/2WD/index.htm

makinwaves
22-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Cheers TORCH crew for a great days racing. Bit of rain but the Lazy goo kept the water out!

Few photos from the day here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150838912771145.462057.739926144&type=1&l=4236749a07

I especially like the green Cougar sideways over the table top. Tag yourself whoever it was!

Cheers

Mark

AmiSMB
22-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Had a fantastic day at my first regional 2wd race at TORCH. The TORCH crew had put a lot of hard work on the track and surrounding area and was really the icing on the cake as it were. The meeting ran nice and smooth despite what the weather had in store! Looking forward to attending some of the other regional 2wd events.

hazeandfizz
22-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Thank you to all the Torch crew for a cracking regional, great way to kick the year off. Track was a cracker and handled the weather without any issues.

James.

The Chef
23-04-2012, 07:29 AM
As always the entire torch committee put on a fabulous event with out a hitch. For their first reginol it could have just as easley been a summer round enjoyable, relaxed. Top job guys thank you and well done.

A real pleasure to have such a great club and venu avalible locally.thank you.

mikeyscott
23-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Many thanks to those that attended yesterday with the weather, traveling conditions and so forth.

Look forward to seeing you at the other tracks around the region.

Deano577
23-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Just like to echo the comments made above, the track was spot on i think the torch have set the bar high for the other regional events and i look forward seeing what they have to offer

Jordy
23-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Very good meeting, had a good day apart from the heavy rain and mud!

Will the results of the meeting be posted anywhere?

Gonky
23-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Very good meeting, had a good day apart from the heavy rain and mud!

Will the results of the meeting be posted anywhere?


http://www.torchracing.org.uk/result.../2WD/index.htm (http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/BRCA/2WD/index.htm)

robh
23-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Top Job Torch Crew,

Really great new track layout, the double - single is a great flowing feature which demands respect but is so sweet when is driven right:thumbsup:

Thankyou.

jonathan may
23-04-2012, 10:07 AM
They are post 86

Swiss
23-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Just to re-iterate everyones comments above. Excellent job TORCH, you could just see the massive effort that had gone into this meeting. :)

jaywestwood
23-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Very good meeting...
Massive well done to Mason Sadler 14 years old 1st 2wd buggy regional and put it 10th!!!!

Dudders
23-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Very good meeting...
Massive well done to Mason Sadler 14 years old 1st 2wd buggy regional and put it 10th!!!!

Ditto!, the lad had a stormer of a day!. Put his old man to shame anyway! :woot:

chuckie stella
23-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Well done to all, enjoyed my first but not last trip down! Thanks to Uncle Tone and Scotty for the BBQ :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work TORCH :)

mikeyscott
23-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Many thanks to all TORCH committee members and many thanks to all the racers who attended.

Northern Monkey
23-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Ditto, well done to the committee it was hard work but worth it. :D

Here is a gallery of pics for your viewing pleasure.

http://gallery.me.com/alastair.lecomte#100076

Hope to see some of you back for our awesome Summer Series.

Al

masons01
24-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Just to say thanks for the comments regarding Mason making the A this week end, He was over the moon with his result and wouldn't shut up on the way home until the little fella fell asleep at chichester!
Thanks to all for a good weekend.

From now on he can prep his own car !!!!!!!!

Mark

hotrodchris
24-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Al Mark some good pics well done just wait for JWC(MrMagoo) to upload the ones that he took!

Mark an excellent result for Mason chufed for him hope he carries the form through the rest of the series, but suprised that you gave him a lift home after he beat you, but that's part of being being a parent!

TARTMAN
24-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Just to say thanks for the comments regarding Mason making the A this week end, He was over the moon with his result and wouldn't shut up on the way home until the little fella fell asleep at chichester!
Thanks to all for a good weekend.

From now on he can prep his own car !!!!!!!!

Mark

Dont be nasty Mark, You prepping the car is what its all about. His thumbs do the work and you maintain the car..... sounds like an ideal way to do it lol.......... now, i need to get my dad to come prep my car, sadly, he would use wd40 and a hammer and hes retired and old........... hmmmmmmmmmmm, Prob still prep it better than i can lol.........

Well done Mason, well earned and deserved result.:thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
24-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks to the Torch crew for a great days racing. That's a really nice flowing track you had there, and I, along with many others, were really impressed with the amount of work that was obviously put in.

Also, excellent result for Mason, it's great to see some younger drivers doing so well! Well done!

Really looking forward to the 4wd!

I don't know all the Torch organisers and helpers, but thanks to Mikey, Rob and Steve as well as everyone else (and I know there were a lot more). You should be very proud.

Kev

jaywestwood
25-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Anyone get any video footage from the meeting?

Skelbo
25-04-2012, 07:47 PM
A few hot laps from Glenn.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150827843585726&set=vb.531815725&type=2&theater

TARTMAN
25-04-2012, 08:27 PM
A few hot laps from Glenn.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150827843585726&set=vb.531815725&type=2&theater

As always, Glenn going round amazingly fast!!!:thumbsup: