View Full Version : Imperial screws in bulk
Wupding
04-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy bulk buy imperial screws for associated screws. When I say bulk I don't mean the 1000's more like 50 of each.
I feel that paying £3 for 8 screws can only be described as daylight robbery!
Can you also advise which ones to purchase aswell??
Thanks in advance for your help
grelland
04-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Try these:
http://www.rtlfasteners.com/
Lee1972
04-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Wez,
I'll post a link up to a firm I found down south when I next use the computer which seemed to carry the majority of Team Associated sizes and types of screws, from memory they sell them in quantities of ten.
Lee
a firm favorite, http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/ seem to be having a long easter break this year.
Lee1972
04-04-2012, 10:12 PM
http://www.aseriesspares.co.uk/fasteners-and-fittings/cat_45.html
Wupding
05-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Thanks Gents
Can you tell me which thread it is for the Assosciated?
I have the following options
BA
BSF
BSW (whitworth)
UNC
UNF
I know the screws i use most of are the 4/40 x 3/8th's
Regards Wez
Andyp
05-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Most are 4-40 UNC, the little screws that hold the hinge pins in are obviously a little smaller (2-56), also the wheel nuts are the other way and a little bigger (8-32) .
estebandonde
05-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Try westfield fasteners you can buy them in 1's if you like!
Go for UNC Coarse
Not UNF fine
Rigaxe
05-04-2012, 08:26 AM
:thumbsup:thanks this post and all the replys is so so helpful to me also and lots of other people goes to show how helpful this site is with all its top users wicked lads cheers:thumbsup::thumbsup:
bodgit
05-04-2012, 08:28 AM
I have mod kits for the hinge pins and bulkhead screws in the for sale section. They have 5/64 hex instead of the tiny .050
Lee1972
06-04-2012, 10:03 AM
:thumbsup:thanks this post and all the replys is so so helpful to me also and lots of other people goes to show how helpful this site is with all its top users wicked lads cheers:thumbsup::thumbsup:
For anyone that is interested I compiled a complete B4 screw list for those that go to Ribble I can print some off or easier email it.
Lee
colmo
06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.pts-uk.com/
100 x 4-40 A2 stainless screws typically <£5
alex97
06-04-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/60879/ i think u get about 45
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.