PDA

View Full Version : 4 pole motors.


BeachBuggyPhil
05-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm looking for 4 pole motors and there don't seem to be many
Tekin make one but I think it's a bit to much for my application and the Castle ones are all unsensored.
Anyone know of any others?

JonyNitro
06-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Tenshock for you if you want SC411 i use the non sensored one 4600 KV

Tenshock here 4 Pole
(http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/product-103-NEW%21+Tenshock+SC411-+4+Pole+sensor+1%3A10+Short+Course+Brushless+Motor +FREE+SHIPPING.html)

BeachBuggyPhil
06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I've heard good things about them on American sites.
Not very common, did you buy yours from that link? Are they a good shop? Ship to the UK?
I'd probably go for the lower kv.
Rare on eBay, mainly 8th scale.

JonyNitro
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I've heard good things about them on American sites.
Not very common, did you buy yours from that link? Are they a good shop? Ship to the UK?
I'd probably go for the lower kv.
Rare on eBay, mainly 8th scale.

Mine from the link and 4 days to get here

Ross
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Mine from the link and 4 days to get here

They look good, there's a nice 1850 for my truggy :thumbsup::thumbsup:
And free shipping to the UK :D

BeachBuggyPhil
07-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I might keep it simple and get the 401, one of my ESC's has started playing up and won't run with a sensor wire connected so it may work out ideal!

BeachBuggyPhil
09-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Actually, I think I'll go 4000kv sensored, I'll regret it if I don't.
I'm hoping a Tekin RS Pro will power it, what do you think?
Free shipping as well, bonus.
http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/product-103-NEW%21+Tenshock+SC411-+4+Pole+sensor+1%3A10+Short+Course+Brushless+Motor +FREE+SHIPPING.html
I think the exchange rate makes it very good value.
It's going in an SC10 4x4, should push it along nicely.

BeachBuggyPhil
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Ordered a SC411 4000kv this evening.
:)

JonyNitro
12-04-2012, 09:35 AM
You won't be dissapointed:D

BeachBuggyPhil
12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm confident I won't be.
I do plan on putting some high quality bearing in it though. That's the only weak spotted I've read about.

Where do you get your pinions?
I need to figure out how to gear my SC10 4x4, I have no 5mm pinions and they don't appear to be cheap.

JonyNitro
12-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Start with 12, 14 would be fine how many cells 2s 3s? I have 15 on mine at 3s on my Hobao TT, Try EBay for pinions Hardend ones RW

BeachBuggyPhil
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I'll be running 2s saddle packs.
I won't be doing 5 min races, I'll be using whole packs, so need to control my temperatures.
12-14 you reckon.
I'll go search eBay, is RW the seller or the pinion?

Just checked all the AE setup sheets, 12/62 on a 4.5t motor so I think 14/62 on an 8t motor should be close. :)