PDA

View Full Version : Losi - Associated Shocks


Alfonzo
09-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Would the Associated shocks that come with the B44 be compatible with the XX4? Am I right in thinking they are very similar in length, etc?

Ta! :)

Mike Hudson
09-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes don't see why not they are pretty much same length i think, why ae shocks on a xx4?

daz
09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
The xx4 shocks are longer if my memory serves me right:bored:

Gayo
09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Front shocks are the same, but the rear XX4 shocks are longer (1.2 body) than the B44 ones.
You need the shorter 0.9 bodies #LOSA5055, as found in the rear or the 2WD cars.

ashleyb4
09-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Yea why?

A

Lee
09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
As Gayo said, the rear ones are much longer:thumbsup:

Gayo
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Well, Losi shocks are easier to bleed, to change o-rings. You don't have to empty them to change the piston or the droop limiters. The black coating is much better than the teflon one in the AE, it doesn't leave metal particules on the oil after 3 runs. The spring never touches the body...

Did I said I prefer Losi shocks ? :lol:

But you can't deny that Losi springs are a little gay, colour-wise :thumbdown:

elvo
09-04-2008, 12:35 PM
But you can't deny that Losi springs are a little gay, colour-wise :thumbdown:


But not quite as gay as yellow wheels and on-road racing.

Gayo
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM
But not quite as gay as yellow wheels and on-road racing.


I used to have yellow wheels on my TC3...:cry: :woot:

Lee
09-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Thats gayer than gay, thats pretty much sex change level :woot::lol:

Gayo
09-04-2008, 01:18 PM
:blush::blush::blush::lol:

Luckily I wasn't using Losi springs !

Alfonzo
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I've got a little RC project on the go. I was trying to decide between Associated and Losi (and ideally need the same piston travel as the long Losi's). Sounds like I should use Losi then..

janus_77
09-04-2008, 03:51 PM
But not quite as gay as yellow wheels and on-road racing.

http://www.rc-offroad.be/pictures/2008_02_16_laon/images/laon_065.jpg

http://www.rc-offroad.be/pictures/2007_07_07_gp_2wd/images/gp_2007_2wd_042.jpg

elvo
09-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Janus is confusing gayness with UglyRimSyndromeitis. Different disease altogether!

BTW: the white one with the yellow wheels is his...

janus_77
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Janus is confusing gayness with UglyRimSyndromeitis. Different disease altogether!

BTW: the white one with the yellow wheels is his...

O I thought it meant you went for shemales......

elvo
09-04-2008, 08:43 PM
O I thought it meant you went for shemales......


Can be a side effect :blush:

rocketrob
09-04-2008, 09:09 PM
But you can't deny that Losi springs are a little gay, colour-wise


Don't think it was ever written in stone anywhere that one could not use AE springs on TL shocks. ;)

matdodd
09-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I dont think they fit!

super__dan
09-04-2008, 09:51 PM
they rub a lot IIRC