View Full Version : Brushless for Dark Impact
DRIV3R
13-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Yo,
Was wonderin if anyone can help me out... I understand how brushless motors work and everythin, but I don't really know what brushless setup to put in my Dark Impact. I would like it to go about 40-45mph but ideally, don't want to spend more than £100 on the entire setup.. Is that askin too much? :confused: Can anyone recommend me anything and explain why that would be a gd combo with my buggy?
l8rs
A.J. Gee
14-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Go for the mamba max 6900 combo.
berna1974
14-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I agree, the Mamba 6900 is the same I tried on my Dark Impact and it works pretty good, BUT you absolutely need to get a slippery kit or you'll crash both differentials!!!:bored:
Spoolio
14-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Yes, definately get a slipper clutch, or alternatively lots of spare diff bits!!!
DRIV3R
15-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Coolio, would I be able to get the ESC, motor and clutch for around £100? Castle Creations sells the combo for like £150...
josh_smaxx
15-04-2008, 03:54 PM
The mamba's are very good but you need to remember that there not BRCA legal if you ever wanted to race it, best bashing motor systems out there though.
rcluke
15-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Coolio, would I be able to get the ESC, motor and clutch for around £100? Castle Creations sells the combo for like £150...
get to www.b-p-p.com
manos711
08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I have a Dark impact 6900 with MM 6900. I used to run it with NiMh 3600 battery but they really suffer to handle the power. So I swaped to Lipo Battery and not heat problems. I use T plugs, sliper clutch and after 10 runs, no heat problems or melting diffs. Remember that changing to Li-po the DI becomes a missile!! 45miles in just 2 secs!!!:woot:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.