oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mardave (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   set ups (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59453)

QuackingPlums 16-02-2011 05:46 PM

Maplin (and possibly Homebase) sells a 50mm carpet tape that can do two wheels at once if you place them with the faces together (raised edges on the outside). Then just run a scalpel/craft knife between the two and you have two wheels taped and ready for foams.

I have a 25mm tape from 3M I think that does the same job but it's on a massive roll. I can also get the actual Mardave tyre tape, but again on a massive roll. Will look up the name of it when I get home. Both do the job fine IMO.

What is the benefit of using motor spray? Does it soften the foam? I have so far only used washing up liquid which again works fine, albeit I have to dry out the tyres in the sun/in front of a heater before truing them.

QuackingPlums 16-02-2011 06:04 PM

Bizarre.

mcjjordan 16-02-2011 07:08 PM

kamtec do a big roll for £10

Chequered Flag Racing 17-02-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuackingPlums (Post 464656)
50mm carpet tape that can do two wheels at once if you place them with the faces together (raised edges on the outside). Then just run a scalpel/craft knife between the two and you have two wheels taped and ready for foams.

Top Tip there Quacking Plums :thumbsup:


Quote:

Originally Posted by QuackingPlums (Post 464656)
What is the benefit of using motor spray? Does it soften the foam? I have so far only used washing up liquid which again works fine, albeit I have to dry out the tyres in the sun/in front of a heater before truing them.

Motor Spray or similar makes the adhesive/glue slippy so you can slide the foam onto the rim with ease. It evaporates and then the glue resets. You could spray the rim but I chose the foam as it soaks in a little giving a liitle more time to adjust the foam on the rim before the glue resets.

QuackingPlums 17-02-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing (Post 464889)
Motor Spray or similar makes the adhesive/glue slippy so you can slide the foam onto the rim with ease. It evaporates and then the glue resets. You could spray the rim but I chose the foam as it soaks in a little giving a liitle more time to adjust the foam on the rim before the glue resets.

Awesome! Will try that next time, thanks!

bald eagle 17-02-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing (Post 464479)
and don't watch the video when their next to you like I just did :woot:

got away with it as she didn't recognise her kitchen :D


Now where's the like button? lol :thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing 22-02-2011 10:06 AM

So ignoring the alloy arms for the time being ;)

Does using 'O' rings under the arms give the car a bit of a 'woolly' feeling to the steering? If not I'll try the turnbuckle mod on mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlander (Post 466250)
im going to add the front brace not shown in the photos as it can be used to add or remove camber ( thus the reason for the o rings under the spacing)

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/CIMG2377.jpg



kipper123 23-02-2011 05:56 PM

doing this lets your arms move around, not a good idea in my eyes also if you use the brace you have to be 100% shure you have the same tension pulling the arms down or you willendup with different camber readings between right and the left, they need to be fixed in the middle some how, also springs under the front of the pod (roll bar effect)

QuackingPlums 23-02-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipper123 (Post 467603)
they need to be fixed in the middle some how

Like on the new Mardave 1:12 Touring Car? :p

kipper123 23-02-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuackingPlums (Post 467620)
Like on the new Mardave 1:12 Touring Car? :p


i havent seen this , tbh i have seen only a picture of the new touring shell, not a good way to promote a new car :s

QuackingPlums 23-02-2011 07:00 PM

I don't know if it's out officially yet, but it was at Ardent on Sunday. Here's a pic from another site:
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/u...ve_chassis.jpg

4_cell_racer 23-02-2011 10:47 PM

Thats the Mini....not the NEW touring Mardave ;)

The new car uses the same sort of tubes....although I saw a cf plate across the motor pod

Here's a pic of the new front end of the touring Mardave

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...r/DSC04302.jpg

QuackingPlums 24-02-2011 12:06 AM

Oh yeah, sorry I saw the back and didn't look at the front... :blush:

Gazza 28-02-2011 05:31 PM

Setting up a Dave

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../5/Yowkv_Gr0As

Part2
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../4/u81xTfg5ZCA

And if you want a set up sheet

http://www.trackside.co.uk/Mdave/mardave2.jpg


And a Blank one to print off
http://www.trackside.co.uk/Mdave/mardave1.jpg

Hope that helps some of the New comers . . . .

You will find more info on rc circuit cars where I spend a lot of time uploading stuff

Thanks Gazza

benjy 07-03-2011 09:14 PM

what could cause my car to drive on 3 wheels in corners? ive watched the cars at ardent an most are running super flat how ever hard they drive,

Gazza 08-03-2011 10:16 AM

sounds tho its on the verge of grip roll go up 1 on front tyres

mcjjordan 08-03-2011 02:01 PM

in oval racing they all do that
unless you put some foam under rear pod at the ball end
dunno which is best


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com