oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   I Made This ! (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   redworkshop , stonem B52. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155692)

rednoise 21-08-2014 07:35 PM

redworkshop , stonem B52.
 
Hi there ,

Just wanted to show some pics of my new project a team associated based "cheater" car...

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...69302099_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...6c&oe=5466CCCE

Inside pics will come shortly!
:)

Tom3012 21-08-2014 09:11 PM

I can only imagine :drool:

lcpvcce 22-08-2014 04:27 AM

Good job red ................:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

alex97 22-08-2014 10:54 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing a better shell off picture.

Hofvander 22-08-2014 09:32 PM

He has done exactly what I am doing right now. Making a B44/B5 hybrid.

Tom3012 22-08-2014 09:34 PM

Doesnt use all the B44 rear though, look at the tower! Plus reds stuff is always stunning :wub

Hofvander 23-08-2014 07:03 AM

Yes I noticed that. I am want to see it now. Come on Red :)

Oops 23-08-2014 06:20 PM

I've seen the Beast in real last week .... awesome :drool:

alex97 23-08-2014 08:09 PM

We need more pictures!

rednoise 27-08-2014 08:35 PM

Sorry guys , dunno why I didn't receive emails when u posting here...
Will try to dig this out...

Anyway , here "she" is :

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...39806237_o.jpg

Thanks for all your positive comments!

rednoise 27-08-2014 08:37 PM

FYI : only one imperial screw : center dogbone!
:)

With center weight full front and 10 gramms in front of the shorty weight balance is 61% (rear) 39% (front)

rednoise 27-08-2014 08:41 PM

Another note : this is just the prototype version , some new stuff will come like a center brace (slipper plate) to attach the center turnbuckle.

alex97 28-08-2014 03:37 PM

Will you be selling these kits?

Alex

discothesnake 28-08-2014 03:59 PM

Lovely mate. As usual.

rednoise 28-08-2014 07:01 PM

Hi , thanks guys.
Of course , when ready , kits will be for sale. I'll post here.
:)

RDG 40 28-08-2014 09:24 PM

Jus curiosity what would a kit include?

I know its in development but wondering what doner parts it may need over a b5m

tomtom 29-08-2014 12:16 AM

Awesome car :thumbsup:

Red cars always look like complete cars and not quickly assembled conversions (mainly due to carefully done side pods) and this is one even more.

kriske 29-08-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDG 40 (Post 873685)
Jus curiosity what would a kit include?

I know its in development but wondering what doner parts it may need over a b5m


chassis , sidepods , shorty pod and standoffs , shorty strap , gearbox "Top" , gearbox "Lift" , bodyshell...

rednoise 29-08-2014 01:52 PM

I started with a full B5M + R arms (fr & rr) + front shock tower.
I did not use : body , gearbox and misc , center brace , chassis.

:)

alex97 29-08-2014 02:25 PM

I know your still in the prototype stages but do I have an idea on the price?

Richard Lowe 30-08-2014 01:26 PM

Very very nicely done!

rednoise 30-08-2014 05:28 PM

Thank you all!

Testing goes on. Pretty descent, considering it has 3k gear diff in it...

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...43518349_n.jpg

http://youtu.be/53r0SHP1x-o?list=UUi...eijPpSGYonwREg

rednoise 30-08-2014 05:36 PM


rednoise 30-08-2014 06:36 PM

I really would like to test it @ RHR Dirt!
:woot:

Richard Lowe 30-08-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednoise (Post 874013)
I really would like to test it @ RHR Dirt!
:woot:

If you like going sideways :woot:

At the moment it's 50/50 between rear and normal 4 gear mid at RHR-D, a cheater car would be a handful!

MHeadling 30-08-2014 09:57 PM

Red is going global!

Keep up the good work, the car looks great :thumbsup:

rednoise 31-08-2014 08:57 AM

:blush:

Thx Mark.

fredswain 10-09-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednoise (Post 873787)
I started with a full B5M + R arms (fr & rr) + front shock tower.
I did not use : body , gearbox and misc , center brace , chassis.

:)

So that's a B5 rear end but with the B44 gearbox tucked in between everything?

rednoise 11-09-2014 09:47 PM

That's it.

rednoise 12-10-2014 11:45 AM

Hi there , some news after a month+ of racing!
I've been very pleased with the thing , durable , easy handling , fast on dry high traction tracks...
I've also been able to manage some good results during races.
Last weekend we raced @ Vierzon (France) for the French cup. Three B52 listed , pole poition , second position on the grid for me with a fourth place at the end of the weekend. It was my first A final in French championship. Unfortunately poleman has had some esc and slipper problems. The third one was in B final , very pleased with his car.
Now B44.3 is coming so we hope to be ready in a few weeks.
Some pics from the Vierzon :
https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...4f&oe=54B4F13F
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...48281847_o.jpg

Also , a Kyosho based stonem has taken the pole position and second place in standard class :
https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...65&oe=54B23FF8

lcpvcce 12-10-2014 12:11 PM

Good Job red ....................... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jerzi 12-10-2014 12:25 PM

Very nice trophys there you got.
And many more will come in the future...
Jerzi

rednoise 12-10-2014 10:11 PM

slipper mod :
Plane area on the threading , and M3 tap slipper nut.

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...54821908_o.jpg

Also 9742 "with screws" on both sides of the slipper.

rednoise 13-10-2014 10:47 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...53851256_o.jpg

far from perfect , but efficient.

rednoise 27-10-2014 07:52 PM

B52 Last version before preorders.
Fits B44.2 or .3 motor mount. Slipper or center diff. New central weight , 50 g vs 37 previously.
Will be tested this weekend.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...82840428_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...94085521_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...66255876_o.jpg

Tom3012 27-10-2014 10:56 PM

Stunning car :thumbsup:

Fozzy1989 28-10-2014 02:54 PM

The buggy looks amazing red well done with it. Bit of a question for you has anyone tried the centre diff in it? If so what's it handle like in comparison to a slipper? A few people who have tried a centre diff in 4wd have stated how it's a different drive just interested to see what you think it's like in a 2wd.

Cheers
Chris

richm 28-10-2014 03:14 PM

how would a centre diff work in a 2wd?
does it not need the front wheels to be driven to have an effect?

rcjunky 28-10-2014 06:16 PM

That is correct, but technically if you had like 1million weight if could have a slipper like feel to it, something to try for sure

Erik Brewster 28-10-2014 07:04 PM

If someone is interested in the diff idea, he should probably look at a Losi Hydra drive.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com