![]() |
X6 Squared is here....the wait is over!
Well the wait is finally over...... The first shipments of X6 Squared kits started to arrive late yesterday evening and the rest of the first batch has now arrived this morning along with the first shipments of spares too. We have had extra staff on hand and have worked long into the night to start shipping the first kits out to customers and all of our X-Factory UK dealer network who will have stock ready and waiting for pre-orders and fresh sales during business hours today. http://www.2wdrc.com/images/NewsImag...22-2009_02.jpg |
Mine has just been delivered by Royal Mail, 5 minutes after reading that they had arrived with DMS!
Great service! Thanks. |
thats brilliant news,weres mine, lol
|
Just had the call from Darren, we will be collecting our kits today & will try our best to get all pre-orders out today.
Marc |
Mine has arrived this morning. Thanks DMS! :thumbsup:
|
hope mine turns up soon well lookingforward to it , brilliant service as always from dms
|
Ordered mine today should get it tomoz or monday Wicked!:woot:
|
Quote:
Done deal, thankyou Mr Knighty:thumbsup::thumbsup: |
Just got home to a lovely box from DMS. Many thanks all.
|
Get building Sime might see ya tomoz at Broxtowe, need to borrow your circlip du dars.;)
|
mattys is here,
|
No worries Ian. I'll be on it later. I'll be at Brokkers on sunday but not sat. Hope to see you up there.;)
|
Cool ,see you sunday mate .:thumbsup:
|
Yay, its built!!!:D:D:D
|
pics?
|
5 mins...uploading now from iphone.:D
|
What's it go together like? Noticeably better than a standard 6?????
|
|
Is that the new kit motor plate or the Optimized one? Do you have to unscrew the 4 setscrews to take the battery clamp off? Bit of a pain in the arse isn't it? Looks nice though.
|
looks good is that a standard motor plate?
|
beat me to it lol
|
Absolute piece of p*** mate. It practically built itself. It is a big improvement over the origional in terms of fit and finish. Not sure if it built easier because its better quality or because I've built the previous version so its very familiar. The rear end is a big improvement with much beeter system for the rear inner hinge pins. The inner brass bushes are perfect fit and it now comes with proper spacers to adjust the wheelbase much more precisely. Love it. :D
|
Motor plate is optimised. Screws in battery plate not my favourite tbh. Will replace with assoc thumbscrews from b44/b4 asap.
|
is that a standard motor plate lol?
beat me to it again !! was gonna say the first thing i would do is replace them with thumb screws they could of done this in the kit though really |
The kit motor plate is loads better finished than they were in the origional. If I'd known that I'd have used that instead, but fancied a little bling on my new ride. Cant wait to finish it off with the electrics now and run it. I'll get on with the install tomorrow.
|
brushless and lipo?
one more question are those xx4 shocks on the rear ? you might suffer from a loss of up travel you need xxx shocks ideally either off a cr or the xxx4 |
6.5 and 5300lrp. They are xx4 shocks. Ive posted in the wanted section for some shorter bodies cos these will be no good due to the up travel. The shocks bottom out dead level with the chassis hitting the floor! That wont work I suspect.
|
no lol here is my original X6 all lipo'd up and i must say its a cracking car and really fun to drive http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/t...283/X6JONO.jpg
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/t...283/photo3.jpg since this photo i have fitted my carbon battery strap and some new ball cups |
Looks a peach buddy. This is my second one. I loved the first so it was easy to order the new one. Nothing quite like them out there.:D
|
the whole package looks alot neater and put together better did you have to get rid of much flashing from the moulded parts ? i must of took at least 40 mins cleaning up the bits on my x6
|
Quote:
The main reason for the screws to hold down the battery strap is because depending on the size of LiPo you use, it is not always possible to fit thumbscrews under the bodyshell. You'll also notice the screws in the kit are long(ish) as they screw in well down the battery post, to stop them pulling out in a large impact. After plenty of testing over the winter none of the team have had any problems with the screw down method. |
No probs with the mouldings this time around. What you say makes a lot of sense Phil. I havnt been near it with a shell yet so hadnt noticed possible clearance issues. The screws are a little on the long side so it'll be properly secured which is very good!
|
Quote:
|
yeah they do look loads better and much higher quality
|
I'm currently using thumb screws in the rear with the standard 1" flat heads up front. We put the front battery posts off to the side so that the GTB would fit in the car without modifications; since most of the design was laid down over the summer and you all were still using cells, we felt it was important that people not have to dremel to fit their speedo on the side anymore. The wide posts meant we had to go with a slim hold-down to, as Phil says, fit everything under the shell. AE thumb screws up-side-down might fit on the front posts, I'm not sure.
Over here in the states the screws aren't a problem at all, as we rarely take the batteries out of the car. :o |
The other option, and this depends on the size of your lipo's, is to put the screw in from underneath and then just put a little nut on there, with the LRP lipo's for example you can't get the thumb screws under the shell.
I did think it would be a pain to be honest with the screws when we done it but as I only use one pack in the car and never take the lipo's out and charge them in the car it is not an issue. E. |
I thought the same mate, but some meetings I've done require that lipo's are charged in a lipo sack, so it'll have to come out. I ran my origional X6 for at least 6 months last year and only ever ran lipo's and very rarely took them out if I could get away with it. How much lead are you running big E, and where are you putting it all. Someone told me that your car at worksop weighed in at over 1770g's. I'd assume you need the weight at worksop to generate more traction?
|
E, what LRP cells are you using in the car ?
|
Stick pack 5300mah 28C.
Yeah my car was pretty heavy at Worksop :D Not for traction as I have tonnes of it there but to get it to steer. I even ran a brass front bulkhead which is a last resort for me:o Most of my weigh is around the old 2 cell area. E. |
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT. The time now is 10:54 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com