oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Durango (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Faulty wheels nuts!? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70964)

captainlip 20-05-2011 10:29 PM

Faulty wheels nuts!?
 
Ok getting VERY pissed to say the least, every single night I race my front wheels work their way loose and fall off!!! Ive missed winning 4 heats and a 2 finals in various events and tonight failed to finish a final!

I've used threadlock and let dry, I've also threadlocked with wheels on, I've tightened the nuts to the point I physically can't tighten them anymore and yet on carpet they always always work loose!

Wtf is going on? And what can I do? I've ordered core rc serrated nuts to see if it helps, in an attempt to stop destroying rims!

But seriously yet again this is another part that has failed or fails to do it's job, any suggestions from team Durango? Or is this another case of user error bullshit?......highly unlikely!

OoD1S 20-05-2011 10:33 PM

sounds like you have done everything you can. New nuts is about the only answer this does happen on most cars. The B44 is very prone to this happening.

Dudders 20-05-2011 10:37 PM

Are they Nylock?

leeboy44 20-05-2011 10:37 PM

i had a small problem with the fronts, well the left side mostly.

i bought new nuts from durango and ive not had the problem again and ive run my car on grass, carpet, over jumps and all sorts with them.

i do change them after every few times i take the nuts off just incase

not much help there tho sorry

phil c 20-05-2011 10:49 PM

Ive been told by Craig colinson that it's the crush spacers between the bearings that causes the problem . Replace it and should be ok ( apparently )

captainlip 20-05-2011 11:02 PM

Replace the spacers? Why would this need replacing with same parts?

HyperFX 20-05-2011 11:21 PM

I stopped using the TD axle nuts the first time they caused a dnf.
Went to the local hardware store, bought non-serrated low profile nylock nuts, and have had no more problems.
I have had limited luck with the Traxxas serrated alu locknuts as well, but only after removing the serrated part.

Bozzspeed 21-05-2011 12:08 AM

In 6 months of using my DEX410 i have never lost a wheel. (except when I didn't put the wheel nuts on at all, that's another funny story). A mate next to me decided to change his wheel nuts to some red one, cause they matched his body colour. Well his wheel's started to fall off because they weren't serrated.

I have to ask.

Are you using Durango's serrated nuts or non-serrated nuts?

The wheel has to be falling off for a reason. You all so need to start posting some pictures.

MRD 21-05-2011 12:48 AM

I use the CORE serrated nuts on my Tamiya's and Ive never had one come off. I've been using the same nuts for over 12 months. Give them a try :).

Southwell 21-05-2011 12:58 AM

Wow, after reading your last thread about your diffs, im suprised you are still so rude about Durango. Can you not post a normal thread without slating a manufacturer?
When wheelnuts become loose putting them on you replace them, only the nyloc keeps them decent.

captainlip 21-05-2011 08:12 AM

I'll post what I wat about something I spend my hard earned money on, and if it's not upto scratch I want to know why, I'm entitled to raise points about poor manufacturing when it's costing me race wins, I bought a Durango for it's "well machined" engineering! What a load of cock that is!

Yes I'm using Durango serrated wheel nuts.

Out of interest when I'm going round high speed corners rather than the wheel being smooth there is a wobble in the steering like the wheels are coming of this must exaggerate the nuts coming loose?

leeboy44 21-05-2011 08:19 AM

sell it! ive offered to buy it before and you said it was the best car you have had even after the diff problems

jameswilkinson7 21-05-2011 08:22 AM

Yeah... I'll give you £50 for it. Its obviously not worth any more, what with all its faults.

Or swap it for some fishing gear http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70975

mattb 21-05-2011 08:32 AM

ill out bid james ill give you £55???? or ill swap you for some old kids toys youl probably get more enjoyment out of them than the durango?

sly 21-05-2011 08:38 AM

I'll swap it for a bmax ft, 2off

leeboy44 21-05-2011 08:39 AM

£65 puls postage?? :thumbsup:

no really mate i can see your point about spending your hard cash on RC items and there is nothing worse then them braking down on the last corner

but from your last DIFF post you did kinda rub ppl up the wrong way, and it turned out to be your fault,

i can see your point with the wheel nuts as ive had the same problem, i changed the wheel nuts for new and it was sorted,

how old are your wheels? if they have been munched where the wheel nut sits then it may not be making a nice contact?

is 1 of your drive shafts bent? this could make the nut loose with the vibration?

im just putting my thoughts to you and try and rule out some things
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

budfish 21-05-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeboy44 (Post 504774)
sell it! ive offered to buy it before and you said it was the best car you have had even after the diff problems

It's the only car he has had apart from a b4 rtr

Phil I've got an idea let's smash it to bits with a sledgehammer then post the pictures on here to really show the TD turds what you think of the recycled beer can piece of s**t!!'

leeboy44 21-05-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budfish (Post 504796)
It's the only car he has had apart from a b4 rtr

Phil I've got an idea let's smash it to bits with a sledgehammer then post the pictures on here to really show the TD turds what you think of the recycled beer can piece of s**t!!'

:lol::lol::lol:

captainlip 21-05-2011 08:52 AM

The diffs werent user error it was poorly machined cased, shit bearings they use and a well made story about user error.

Wheels are brand new just the nuts haven't been changed but ordered some.

Ive driven the bmax and quite liked it but I am a fan of these metal gears and when the rango works, it really works.

mark christopher 21-05-2011 08:55 AM

i had a durango wheel come off, crunch spacers are the latest ones, serated wheel nuts ( which never come loose on my ic car) fitted some jcconcept b44 wheels and not had an issue since.

captainlip 21-05-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budfish (Post 504796)
It's the only car he has had apart from a b4 rtr

Phil I've got an idea let's smash it to bits with a sledgehammer then post the pictures on here to really show the TD turds what you think of the recycled beer can piece of s**t!!'

It's being considered, cheap ass parts for sky high prices!

Look at the big bores, £140 a set with springs, rango are on another planet with pricing, they think they have a product better than everybody's but end of day has problems like every other rc product they just fail to acknowledge it.

I have paid £150 on diff parts including being sent off to rango and had diffs built buy Adam and they still ain't as good as they should be.

leeboy44 21-05-2011 08:59 AM

try the new nuts and come back to us, the nuts do become smooth after a lot of use where the new 1's will be sharp and bite into the wheel.

try it and see but im all out of ideas for now
:thumbsup:

budfish 21-05-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 504805)
It's being considered, cheap ass parts for sky high prices!

Look at the big bores, £140 a set with springs, rango are on another planet with pricing, they think they have a product better than everybody's but end of day has problems like every other rc product they just fail to acknowledge it.

I have paid £150 on diff parts including being sent off to rango and had diffs built buy Adam and they still ain't as good as they should be.

It seems to be the same across the board I'm sick of buying a £10 tree of parts just to use 1 part the shock tower mount must be worth about a £1 but they insist in shafting you with loads of other bits that never break.

As far as I'm concerned Phil you've spent loads on that ally piece of crap and if your not happy or satisfied shout it from the roof tops they are the turds supplying sub standard parts not you should make sure it's right before they sell it. And what's all this shit about b44 wheels the Durango kit wheels should work perfectly with the wheel nuts and if not then ask yourself why???


Profit....

Give them some abuse Phil I would they have ripped you off and to add insult to injury they say you are wrong!!

bally 21-05-2011 09:25 AM

You could try B44 wheel hexes, they will need spacing, Ive never had a durango wheel come loose on my B44.

leeboy44 21-05-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budfish (Post 504814)
It seems to be the same across the board I'm sick of buying a £10 tree of parts just to use 1 part the shock tower mount must be worth about a £1 but they insist in shafting you with loads of other bits that never break.

As far as I'm concerned Phil you've spent loads on that ally piece of crap and if your not happy or satisfied shout it from the roof tops they are the turds supplying sub standard parts not you should make sure it's right before they sell it. And what's all this shit about b44 wheels the Durango kit wheels should work perfectly with the wheel nuts and if not then ask yourself why???


Profit....

Give them some abuse Phil I would they have ripped you off and to add insult to injury they say you are wrong!!


b44 wheels from JP are like 4 for £6 ish and they fit and look nice on the durango,

ask yourself this (the both of you) how many otheres are complaining about durangos?

if your not happy sell it mate i will offer you good money to buy it or as another chap put on here swap for the fishing stuff on the wanted section, but then you be complaining the hook fell off when you had 50lb fish on and budfish will be saying PHIL JUMP IN AFTER IT AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT :lol::lol:

captainlip 21-05-2011 09:28 AM

I'll try the core rc nuts and see but I'm not racing indoors for a while now as will be outdoors. I'll see if they are any better

Chequered Flag Racing 21-05-2011 09:49 AM

NUTS, you must be :lol:

1. either crimp the outside of the nut so it's a tighter fit on the axle threads

2. Lightly damage the axle thread so the nut is a tight fit

3. Superglue. One drop on the threads. Screw nut on and off and let SG dry before putting wheel back on.

4. Use some ShooGoo to leave deposit in threads

mark christopher 21-05-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing (Post 504832)
NUTS, you must be :lol:

1. either crimp the outside of the nut so it's a tighter fit on the axle threads

2. Lightly damage the axle thread so the nut is a tight fit

3. Superglue. One drop on the threads. Screw nut on and off and let SG dry before putting wheel back on.

4. Use some ShooGoo to leave deposit in threads

aint he left enough deposits in threads?:woot:

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson 21-05-2011 11:02 AM

Going back to your previous thread about the diffs again...

Why the hell not just email TD!? Instead of sat at your computer moaning on a forum again!, Actually try emailing the company your slagging off!! Once you actually sucked it up and emailed TD last time, your problem got sorted....

If everybody who had a little problem with an RC car came and posted it all over oOple, It would be a very boring place to be. I had quite a lot of problems with my previous car (that I have just got rid of) with maintenance issues, not finishing runs etc.... But I didn't come onto oOple posting shit left right and center slagging people/companies off!

I had a choice, talk to the manufacturer and persevere with it, or get rid and find something else.

mattybucks 21-05-2011 11:32 AM

Try some new wheels with your nuts, I check my nuts after ever race :thumbsup: and when they start to loosen after a race I replace the wheels

leeboy44 21-05-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson (Post 504857)
Going back to your previous thread about the diffs again...

Why the hell not just email TD!? Instead of sat at your computer moaning on a forum again!, Actually try emailing the company your slagging off!! Once you actually sucked it up and emailed TD last time, your problem got sorted....

If everybody who had a little problem with an RC car came and posted it all over oOple, It would be a very boring place to be. I had quite a lot of problems with my previous car (that I have just got rid of) with maintenance issues, not finishing runs etc.... But I didn't come onto oOple posting shit left right and center slagging people/companies off!

I had a choice, talk to the manufacturer and persevere with it, or get rid and find something else.




well said!!

coleman758 21-05-2011 11:48 AM

I disagree with some of the frankly "A*rse Hole" comments.

I've been racing with Phil now every time they have fell off. He's Thread locked them and has been constantly tightening them. So something is clearly not right? so why is he getting slated?

When you pay so much money for a car, you expect it to be right.
and something as trivial as a wheel nut coming off every race without fail is kind of pathetic. how would you feel, Annoyed i would guess.

If people can't be constructive whats the point of even posting?

What happens when you have a problem?

leeboy44 21-05-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleman758 (Post 504878)
I disagree with some of the frankly "A*rse Hole" comments.

I've been racing with Phil now every time they have fell off. He's Thread locked them and has been constantly tightening them. So something is clearly not right? so why is he getting slated?

When you pay so much money for a car, you expect it to be right.
and something as trivial as a wheel nut coming off every race without fail is kind of pathetic. how would you feel, Annoyed i would guess.

If people can't be constructive whats the point of even posting?

What happens when you have a problem?




yes but if hes using wheel nuts thats as old as the car then there going to keep falling off! serrated edge's on the nuts become rounded after lots of use and with nylock nuts the nylon wears and no longer works.

we try and help (like the diff thread) but then the bad language and piss taking starts and winds ppl up

Dazzler 21-05-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleman758 (Post 504878)
I disagree with some of the frankly "A*rse Hole" comments.

I've been racing with Phil now every time they have fell off. He's Thread locked them and has been constantly tightening them. So something is clearly not right? so why is he getting slated?

When you pay so much money for a car, you expect it to be right.
and something as trivial as a wheel nut coming off every race without fail is kind of pathetic. how would you feel, Annoyed i would guess.

If people can't be constructive whats the point of even posting?

What happens when you have a problem?

Have they always fell off? Unlikely as he is only now mentioning this problem.

This in its self should tell you that something has worn out, or has gone wrong or the problem would be there from day 1.

He should be looking at making constructive comments to obtain suitable ideas for rectification, he is getting this in some responses, but seems more intent on blaming Durango than investigating the problem.

captainlip 21-05-2011 12:12 PM

It's always happened on high grip carpet racing, and to add last time I emailed them it was sorted at full cost and no consideration from Durango with a response saying was complete user error and the worst diffs they ever seen, well coarse they gonna be the worst they ever been a sent them to you as they were after one nights running from one rebuild and they were destroyed all because durango supplied shit bearing in the kit. Not my fault the parts supplied aren't fit for purpose, and why should I keep paying out for their lazy manufacturing?

Like I said I'll try new nuts and see how we get on!

samd 21-05-2011 12:34 PM

Durangos do chuck front wheels off, you need to tighten the nuts as hard as you can every run, replace them often and if they still come off, something else is wrong, a bearing, buckled wheel, bent driveshaft etc.

Hope you get it sorted, nothing more annoying then a wheel off last lap

peetbee 21-05-2011 12:41 PM

Tamiyas and B44s have the same issue with wheelnuts coming loose and the cure is to replace the wheelnuts when it starts happening.
Unfortunately the wheelnuts are consumables regardless of brand.

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson 21-05-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleman758 (Post 504878)
I disagree with some of the frankly "A*rse Hole" comments.

I've been racing with Phil now every time they have fell off. He's Thread locked them and has been constantly tightening them. So something is clearly not right? so why is he getting slated?

When you pay so much money for a car, you expect it to be right.
and something as trivial as a wheel nut coming off every race without fail is kind of pathetic. how would you feel, Annoyed i would guess.

If people can't be constructive whats the point of even posting?

Then you contact the company for help/advice, not go slagging them off on a public forum!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleman758 (Post 504878)
What happens when you have a problem?

I contact the company in question and speak to them about the matter, Not go slagging them off on a forum!!

coleman758 21-05-2011 01:31 PM

Hang on then, Why doesn't someone just take the forum offline then?
after all whats the point lets all just go and ring Durango.

Big G 21-05-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozzspeed (Post 504743)
In 6 months of using my DEX410 i have never lost a wheel.

same here. I've dremel'd down the thread to get in the box and never had a wheel come off still. kit wheel nuts for me.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com