oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   excellent day today! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78486)

captainlip 21-08-2011 05:24 PM

excellent day today!
 
fantastic day guys! shame we didnt get racing until later on, but all the same was an excellent to see some new faces!

:thumbsup:

tisher 21-08-2011 05:31 PM

was a good day really good turn out I had an nightmare not finishing one heat because the sxx finally died. Did not do to bad tho in the final doing 16 laps with a 10.5 motor out of the truggy and considering I had a 40 sec first lap due to being wiped out:rolleyes:

Stotty 21-08-2011 05:51 PM

Great day for the club good turn out. Shame about race control.
Didn't do very well car wasn't set up right. Gutted

Si Coe 21-08-2011 06:12 PM

Just shows that running race control is a little more difficult than just sitting at a computer!

Rog is however looking a lot better than this morning thankfully.

Turns out half the problem was we shouldn't have been using that PC in the first place - we have a new one that everything is set up for but Rob and I didn't know that and picked up the wrong one......

We are going to have a little meeting next week for those not doing the Southport Regional, which I'll run but Rog will supervise, so I can get some more practise in. Learning how it all works with 62 people, no printer and already running late isn't the best idea!

losichris 21-08-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 543107)
Just shows that running race control is a little more difficult than just sitting at a computer!

Rog is however looking a lot better than this morning thankfully.

Turns out half the problem was we shouldn't have been using that PC in the first place - we have a new one that everything is set up for but Rob and I didn't know that and picked up the wrong one......

We are going to have a little meeting next week for those not doing the Southport Regional, which I'll run but Rog will supervise, so I can get some more practise in. Learning how it all works with 62 people, no printer and already running late isn't the best idea!

Very good effort however! Good day either way!

birdy 21-08-2011 06:25 PM

62 drivers, that's good going.

johnnygibbon 21-08-2011 06:28 PM

What happened tO race control did lip sabotage it

Maddy 21-08-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 543107)
Just shows that running race control is a little more difficult than just sitting at a computer!

Rog is however looking a lot better than this morning thankfully.

Turns out half the problem was we shouldn't have been using that PC in the first place - we have a new one that everything is set up for but Rob and I didn't know that and picked up the wrong one......

We are going to have a little meeting next week for those not doing the Southport Regional, which I'll run but Rog will supervise, so I can get some more practise in. Learning how it all works with 62 people, no printer and already running late isn't the best idea!

Well done to race control to getting it sorted an at least we all raced and the rain stayed off,great day even though i only did 1 lap in final due to some strange cutting out problems :cry:
Trucks final was awsome again,total CARNAGE,lovin it :thumbsup:

tisher 21-08-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddy (Post 543123)
Well done to race control to getting it sorted an at least we all raced and the rain stayed off,great day even though i only did 1 lap in final due to some strange cutting out problems :cry:
Trucks final was awsome again,total CARNAGE,lovin it :thumbsup:


thats exactly the problems I got in the heats going to drive the truggy next time missed it today it looked a proper truck carnage:lol:

Maddy 21-08-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tisher (Post 543130)
thats exactly the problems I got in the heats going to drive the truggy next time missed it today it looked a proper truck carnage:lol:

When i get car home and had a little fiddle,couldnt find anything wrong then tried on grassed area next to my house and it was perfect no problem :confused::confused:
anybody else had issues today like this ??

tisher 21-08-2011 06:44 PM

check your sensor lead is right in I have had that before today

Whiskers 21-08-2011 06:46 PM

Yeah good day today. I think 2wd is the way forward for me now

Maddy 21-08-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tisher (Post 543141)
check your sensor lead is right in I have had that before today

Its a sensorless motor,
but ran fine when i tried it at home??

Cr3Ad 21-08-2011 07:16 PM

fantastic day today just wish i could have finished one race arwell there next time got plenty of pics gonna go through them all get rid of blurry ones and try post em all up

danDanEFC 21-08-2011 07:20 PM

Cheers for the great day.

It was my first time at the new track at it looks good.

Maddy 21-08-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr3Ad (Post 543164)
fantastic day today just wish i could have finished one race arwell there next time got plenty of pics gonna go through them all get rid of blurry ones and try post em all up

Great camera work today chris,cant wait to see them all,:thumbsup:

steve-thebabystore 21-08-2011 07:26 PM

Was a very good day, shame I left my front end outside the race control fence. Problems aside the solutions were workable and everyone should have been happy.

Howler 21-08-2011 07:27 PM

Yeah was fun, happy with 2nd in trucks, had a dodgy centre diff and didnt think i'd improve. Nice to see the numbers. Two heats of trucks even :)

Maddy 21-08-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howler (Post 543174)
Yeah was fun, happy with 2nd in trucks, had a dodgy centre diff and didnt think i'd improve. Nice to see the numbers. Two heats of trucks even :)

Trucks are getting more popular,might be 2 more next time out,just on that bidding sight looking as we speak :lol::lol:

Howler 21-08-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddy (Post 543180)
Trucks are getting more popular,might be 2 more next time out,just on that bidding sight looking as we speak :lol::lol:

Trucks are where all the fun is mate.

Maddy 21-08-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howler (Post 543188)
Trucks are where all the fun is mate.

:D
my lad is getting a new 1 this week too,
fancy selling your other truck?

tisher 22-08-2011 06:48 PM

bit of a vid of my rb5 on sunday in the final just shows how slow a 10.5 really is even with my good driving:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82bWt5P5PQc

Si Coe 22-08-2011 07:03 PM

You need to up your timing boost if you can. The first lap on that vid has my RC10 sat right behind you all the way round and looking way quicker despite having me behind the wheel and taking the widest lines everywhere :blush: , yet that too has a 10.5t motor in it.

coleman758 22-08-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 543719)
You need to up your timing boost if you can. The first lap on that vid has my RC10 sat right behind you all the way round and looking way quicker despite having me behind the wheel, yet that too has a 10.5t motor in it.

Get a 5.5 in it and have done with it!

Si Coe 22-08-2011 07:09 PM

I tried that 5.5t in the truck which is the same gearbox etc. It stripped out the diff centre screw in 2 runs......

tisher 22-08-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 543719)
You need to up your timing boost if you can. The first lap on that vid has my RC10 sat right behind you all the way round and looking way quicker despite having me behind the wheel, yet that too has a 10.5t motor in it.


its was the fusion exceed esc 10.5 that was in my truggy I throw it in for the final because I had been having a mare all day with the lrp sxx I think I am going to get hold of 7.5 for it and a decent speedo and just leave it in the car other than that the car seemed pretty good

coleman758 22-08-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 543724)
I tried that 5.5t in the truck which is the same gearbox etc. It stripped out the diff centre screw in 2 runs......

Haha! your truck its pretty old though...

Martins RB5 should cope! 6.5t Is ideal really i think. That's what i will be putting in my DEX210

coleman758 22-08-2011 07:14 PM

Are you at Bury on Sunday Martin? Try my 6.5 X12 its just in my box doing nothing.

tisher 22-08-2011 07:17 PM

I not going to be able to make sunday this week but I will need a decent esc to run anything that quick ANYBODY got one for sale?

Si Coe 22-08-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleman758 (Post 543728)
Haha! your truck its pretty old though...

Martins RB5 should cope! 6.5t Is ideal really i think. That's what i will be putting in my DEX210

The gearbox is the same as used in a B4, and the centre screw was new, from a B4 diff rebuild kit. In other words it blew a B4 diff.
Now the diff centre screw is something of a weak point in the B4, but its only a little weaker than most other brands. 2wd diffs are not made for handling massive amounts of power.
6.5t is on the upper side of useable in a 2wd - 7.5t is closer to ideal I'd say.

coleman758 22-08-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tisher (Post 543735)
I not going to be able to make sunday this week be I will need a decent esc to run anything that quick ANYBODY got one for sale?

Hmmm... I'm pondering on an RSpro for my Durango. I may be selling my SXX. but i'm not 100% yet.

Si Coe 22-08-2011 07:27 PM

Why? So your servo won't work just like in Phils car?
That RSpro might look neat, but in practice the SXX is just plain better in an offroader.
If you were running a stock motor like mine, the RSpro's box of tricks is useful, but with your X12's you can't use any of the advanced settings (they'll kill the motor) so all you have is a slightly smaller esc with a weak BEC that can't handle your servo.

tisher 22-08-2011 07:27 PM

have you seen the one thats in the for sale section at the moment for 150 with a tekin redline

captainlip 22-08-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleman758 (Post 543739)
Hmmm... I'm pondering on an RSpro for my Durango. I may be selling my SXX. but i'm not 100% yet.

Noticeably better than the SXX mate, not for everyone but works a treat for me!

Si Coe 22-08-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 543743)
Noticeably better than the SXX mate, not for all the worlds and national drivers who seem to prefer the LRP but works a treat for me!

Corrected that for you Phil....

Anyway - My GM Genius can do all the RSpro's tricks, in fact in TC's its the RSpro's main competitor. Running 10.5t's its way better than an SXX, but the optimum setup for a mod motor is actually designed to make it behave like an SXX!
You Durango boys seem to have a thing for wasting money on bling that doesn't work as well as what it replaced....

tisher 22-08-2011 07:32 PM

I think I might go for another sxx and novak ballistic 7.5 I like novak motors there not as quick but really smooth or does anybody know where to get my sxx fixed

captainlip 22-08-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 543745)
Corrected that for you Phil....

Fair play but I have to say there was a noticeable difference in using 45c lipos and supposedly 90c lipos with thicker 14 gauge wire

Hard to put into words but better to drive and giving more feel to the throttle.

Over the nosram pearl / Lrp I'd rather use a tekin

Each to their own

captainlip 22-08-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Coe (Post 543745)
Corrected that for you Phil....

Anyway - My GM Genius can do all the RSpro's tricks, in fact in TC's its the RSpro's main competitor. Running 10.5t's its way better than an SXX, but the optimum setup for a mod motor is actually designed to make it behave like an SXX!
You Durango boys seem to have a thing for wasting money on bling that doesn't work as well as what it replaced....


I won't be spending much from now on, got the buggy where I want it now just need to push my driving skills.

I'll be looking at some 90c lipos for defo, maybe replace the spekky gear for futaba, other than that it's just going to be new hop ups soon to be released and replacing wearing parts

Si Coe 22-08-2011 07:45 PM

Tisher - Derek Bailey is the man for ESC repairs. Search the electrics section and you'll find details.

Phil - You probably prefer the current profile your RSpro is running. The SXX ver 2 can be adjusted in the same way, though your Pearl was a version 1 so couldn't.
Personally I find my SPX a bit too aggressive and prefer my GM. Still not convinced about my Team Wave RBS- seems a little slow compared to the GM but it is silky smooth....

Si Coe 22-08-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 543753)
I won't be spending much from now on, got the buggy where I want it now just need to push my driving skills.

I'll be looking at some 90c lipos for defo, maybe replace the spekky gear for futaba, other than that it's just going to be new hop ups soon to be released and replacing wearing parts


I'm pretty sure the 90C lipos are a psychological thing.
90C 5000's could deliver 450A, which is somewhat more than the 120-150A your esc can cope with. In fact, 45C 5000's delivering 225A is still more than the esc can take. I suspect its more the wiring or the being a new set of lipos....


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com