oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   South West (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   2014 South West Regional Dates (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143223)

Mowen208fly 15-01-2014 02:22 PM

2014 South West Regional Dates

More info to follow but here are the dates for the
2014 SouthWest Regionals

4wd
Mendip Raceway - 9th March
Trac Torbay (Indoors) - 27th Apr
Tiverton TRCCC - 25th May
WCRCC (Barripper- This is on saturday as part of there weekend event) - 14th June
Tiverton TRCCC - 27th July
Mendip Raceway - 17th August - (Trophy Presentation)

2wd
Trac Torbay (Indoors) - 6th Apr
Mendip Raceway - 20th Apr
WCRCC (Barripper) - 15th June
Tiverton TRCCC - 13th July
Mendip Raceway - 20th july
Tiverton TRCCC - 10 August -(Trophy Presentation)

4 out of 6 rounds to count.

More info to come in the following weeks with our new Regional Website.

I would really like to see some new racers to support this great regional series in 2014.

Thanks
Martin Owen
South West BRCA Rep

millser 15-01-2014 02:49 PM

So how 4 to count so you don't have to go to wcrccc or trac and still do 4 rounds. Shouldn't it be have to do a round from each club to count. Also come others have 2 rounds ?

Mowen208fly 15-01-2014 02:53 PM

Nothing like Positive support!

DrPaul 15-01-2014 04:42 PM

After the very positive SW AGM last week, Mendip are looking forward to hosting the South West BRCA Regional's and providing everyone with some fun and challenging racing in both 2 and 4wd. :thumbsup:

Mowen208fly 15-01-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrPaul (Post 829825)
After the very positive SW AGM last week, Mendip are looking forward to hosting the South West BRCA Regional's and providing everyone with some fun and challenging racing in both 2 and 4wd. :thumbsup:

Thanks Paul and Mendip Raceway :thumbsup:

blue_pinky 15-01-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millser (Post 829800)
So how 4 to count so you don't have to go to wcrccc or trac and still do 4 rounds. Shouldn't it be have to do a round from each club to count. Also come others have 2 rounds ?

Strictly speaking, by the book...it's like this because those who attended the AGM agreed it!

Was it a big issue last year (2 from 3 wasn't it?)? As it's not really any different this year? It certainly wasn't considered by any one at the AGM to be something we needed to discuss as far as I now.

Personally, I'd like to think we all (certainly those who care about their F gradings!) like racing everywhere we can...and adding in more factors to the series results makes it all more difficult to control!

And for me...6 rounds is a good number for a series...going up or down from there is not as good...as last year proved!

Looking forward to the travelling tbh...weekend in Cornwall should be tip top!:thumbsup:

cornishboy176 15-01-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pinky (Post 829873)
weekend in Cornwall should be tip top!:thumbsup:

The Foreigners are coming down for the weekend, This could get messy lol

jonathan may 15-01-2014 08:40 PM

looking forward to this year

blue_pinky 15-01-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornishboy176 (Post 829883)
The Foreigners are coming down for the weekend, This could get messy lol

Hahaha...I hope so!!!! :D

knighthawk 17-01-2014 05:50 PM

I live in West Wiltshire so the South West is technically my region !

Stupid question, but how do I enter please ?

carrot 17-01-2014 07:28 PM

Turn up on the day,there will be a timetable nearer the time with what time booking in will close etc.Going to be a good year in the south west:thumbsup:

Mowen208fly 17-01-2014 09:50 PM

We are currently working on a website with a pre booking system so we can get an idea of numbers this should be up soon with all the info you need know.

Thanks
Martin:thumbsup:

jonathan may 18-01-2014 11:25 PM

on the 4wd dates is there going to be a 2wd class run to and vise versa

blue_pinky 19-01-2014 01:30 AM

Yes, the clubs will be running all their own usual open classes alongside the regional class on regional days!

Dizzy 26-01-2014 05:26 PM

Hopefully have the car together for round 2. Haven't owned a car in almost a decade so having to buy it all from scratch.

Loads to learn and catch up on.

Looking forward to the step learning curve as I have only ever raced TC before and that was before Lipo and brusless.

Hope to see you all at round 2.

Cheers

DrPaul 26-01-2014 05:51 PM

Hi Dizzy,

Come down and see us on Feb 9th even if you dont have your car ready by then. We can give you some pointers to get up and running at Mendip.

:)

Dizzy 27-01-2014 10:16 AM

Hi Paul,

will see what the family is up to and may pop down with the little lad.

Thank you for the offer.

Regards,

Dave

Dizzy 28-01-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrPaul (Post 833140)
Hi Dizzy,

Come down and see us on Feb 9th even if you dont have your car ready by then. We can give you some pointers to get up and running at Mendip.

:)

Hi Paul,

I will be down on the 9th to come meet you and the Mendip crew.

Thanks again for the offer.

Cheers

tonydevon 28-01-2014 10:39 AM

they are a great bunch, hopefully my first race meeting is the meeting after that one, Im in Germany that weekend so cant make it :(

are these regional meetings just like club meetings or are they BRCA events, the thing is that I would like to have a go later in the season, not going to embarrass myself too early on at a big meeting, but I have bought turnigy nanotech lipos, now know that they not on the BRCA list??

Im happy to miss them if thats the rules, no problem there, but would like to avoid a wasted journey and further embarrassment.

thanks

DrPaul 28-01-2014 11:06 AM

Hi Tony,

At the Mendip BRCA rounds we will still be racing our clubmans championship for those who do not want to race for BRCA points or those who are not BRCA complient, me included, I also use Nano-Tech.

The BRCA championship gives everyone who enters and opportunity to achieve a BRCA grading and make it to BRCA finals at the end of the year. But we also understand for some racers would prefer to gain points in the club championship leaving the BRCA points hunters to battle it out for themselves and then us club racers do not take valuable BRCA points away from those guys.

Cheers Paul