oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Tlr team drivers (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202810)

brooksy 29-05-2019 06:47 PM

I still run the 4.0...best 2wd I’ve had since the xx. Best results with it at regional level as well.
After 2yrs of running it and not breaking a thing I’ve just fitted some new parts to it to freshen it up:lol:

daz75 29-05-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 999349)
Hi Ok, so this will sound biased as I'm a TLR Team driver but the new car is a big improvement over the 4.0.

I say this from running a 4.0 for the last two years. The 5.0 AC is a lot more agile, better turn in, less likely to grip roll, feels generally more alive and faster.

If you add a ball diff it even works in the wet with very few changes to set up so no need to buy two full cars.

We have a demo car which is all set up for people to use and it is visiting the oOple Series venues so come and find me or Lee under the TLR gazebo and have a go.

I'm hopeful we can arrange a test day somewhere later in the year, watch this space!

I'd love to have a go of one. I suspect my lack of skills round the setup side of things means id be just as crap with it as i am with my 3.0 though

Pank 29-05-2019 08:24 PM

Get yourself to any oople series round, we have 1 built up for people to try.

brooksy 29-05-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 999414)
I'd love to have a go of one. I suspect my lack of skills round the setup side of things means id be just as crap with it as i am with my 3.0 though

You would notice as huge difference:thumbsup:

daz75 29-05-2019 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pank (Post 999417)
Get yourself to any oople series round, we have 1 built up for people to try.

Virtually impossible to get a pass out for 1 day never mind 2 :thumbdown:

millser 31-05-2019 08:40 AM

hi i race on grass down in cornwall.

would tlr 5.0 AC or DC be better?

WHITTLER555 03-06-2019 09:31 PM

That Millser is a tricky one, do you always race on grass? If you bought the AC I would recommend a ball diff instead of the gear diff if you are using it on grass or loose surface or wet Astro?

shaun m 03-06-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 999528)
That Millser is a tricky one, do you always race on grass? If you bought the AC I would recommend a ball diff instead of the gear diff if you are using it on grass or loose surface or wet Astro?

I’m just about to order my ac , would you recommend any option to fit from the off ? Cheers

WHITTLER555 04-06-2019 05:53 PM

Hi, options I reccomend are the ally steering bell cranks and drag link and the ally servo horn.

shaun m 04-06-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 999560)
Hi, options I reccomend are the ally steering bell cranks and drag link and the ally servo horn.

Cheers damo 👍🏼

millser 19-06-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 999528)

Hi thanks for reply 99% of the time run on grass has its my home track

AC or DC

WHITTLER555 21-06-2019 09:19 PM

We had some wet weather in one of the finals at the oOple Series at Soutjport last week. I ran my ball diff AC car on the wet Astro and it was very good. Won that leg of the B final, the other two team cars run by Lee Fraser and Tom Pattison both got in the A final.

Ross 29-06-2019 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The build starts today. Hopefully it will be done for Wednesday night at Stotfold :thumbsup::thumbsup:

daz75 29-06-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 1000069)
The build starts today. Hopefully it will be done for Wednesday night at Stotfold :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I see you have a Schumacher lay down too be interesting to hear the differences

Ross 29-06-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 1000084)

I'm building it for a mate, but I will have a go Wednesday :D. If I like it ill get one for my boy to replace his B6.

Apart from the electrics its done :D.

Really easy build and everything fitted great. You get the correct parts in the bags to be able to put the kit set up on it. The shocks have to be some of the nicest I've built in a long time. The pistons where marked with the hole size on them and fitted great. I like that the spring retaining cup screws to the bottom shock mount, so it can't come off.
The gearbox case has little inserts that go next the diff eccentrics to remind you which eccentric you have in, I liked it :p. The eccentrics are also rock solid :woot::woot::D.

The battery holder is very much likes other on the market, but one little part I liked was that it located in to the side pods as well as screwing down to them ;)

Ill try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

Ross 30-06-2019 06:13 PM

All done. Schey wheel are only on it to set the ride weight ;)

https://photos.smugmug.com/Rcbuild/T...IMG_3787-M.jpg

Derka 02-09-2019 10:06 PM

How are you guys finding the 22 5.0 AC on carpet?

Also, who stocks parts for these TLR buggies in the UK?

Ross 03-09-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derka (Post 1005479)

I race at Stotfold, so not on carpet, but it is quit high grip. I’ve changed to AE springs as that’s what most set ups show. I’m not the fastest driver in the world, but enjoy driving the car, it’s very easy to drive and jumps well, and I do Ok with it. It only on its 3rd meeting and playing with the set up it keeps getting better.

A mate I race with is regularly in the top 3 at Stotfold with his.

I got my car and spares from Steve at www.rcmodelstore.co.uk. He’s mainly a flying/RTR store and won’t show much on the website. He not been doing the “race car” thing long but is willing to grow it with the “Losi” 5.0.

I would definitely give him a try. If you are after spares then as Steve is new to the Losi brand it would be worth giving him part numbers until he finds his way with it all.

Hope that helps.

NeilRalph77 03-09-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derka (Post 1005479)

If you read back on this post, shops like Modelsport, DMS, Wheelspin are all mentioned you can order direct from Horizon de or any shop with a logic rc affiliation.

Ross 03-09-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 1000084)

I liked the Schumacher at lot, but I found I had to drive it hard to keep up with the guys that race at my pace :). I would say a lot of that would be down to the set up. If I'd spent more time with the car I may have found a set up that I liked.

But, after a go with my mates 22 5.0 at Stotfold I found it easier to drive and more forgiving on his kit set up than the Laydown. I ordered one a few days later :thumbsup:.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-Hkm9qV3-M.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-djKBJjB-M.jpg