oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Issues with KF kit (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147862)

Bungleaio 23-03-2014 06:29 PM

Issues with KF kit

I started to build my KF kit this afternoon but I ran into issues on step two and three. I gave up after then.

The idler shaft U4470 hasn't had a thread cut on one side of it and I've only got one of the alloy slipper plates

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...pse7039b14.jpg

Has anyone else had the same issues or found any other issues with their kits?

This is my 1st Schumacher kit for a long time and I'm not very impressed so far with their quality control.

mark christopher 23-03-2014 06:51 PM

email them with the picture and you will experience their customer support!

Philim 23-03-2014 09:11 PM

Mine was missing a slipper plate. Thankfully they are only 5 mins up the road and they replaced no problems.

36racing 23-03-2014 09:30 PM

Contact them, probably just a issue with some of them as there has been a lot of problems with people's kits at the moment, luckily mine was fine but hope Schumacher don't make a habit of it!

Bungleaio 23-03-2014 09:48 PM

I don't like the sound of "a lot of problems with people's kits at the moment" I've only managed to complete step one without any issues so far.

This could turn into a very long build if I have to keep waiting for parts.

36racing 23-03-2014 10:37 PM

There shouldn't be any more, one thing I would check though if once you have the rear and mid built, check the chassis and the drivetrain, some have dodgy holes and if you do, 1. It will be quite loud, 2. You will burn belts like mad. If that does happen you may need a replacement chassis I think I read somewhere, Look through some threads and find out what to look for:)

knighthawk 24-03-2014 06:38 AM

If there is any problems with Schumacher Kits just phone their customer services.

They are second to none, the replacement parts will be dispatched same day.

I had a issue with one of the front drive shafts on my k1, phoned them up explained the issue, they dispatched a packet with two front driveshafts, I phoned them back and said they had sent two, they replied with no problem they supplied the pack with two as an apology !

I for one have no problems with an odd issue here or there with the offset of the backup you receive !

madmax 24-03-2014 07:36 AM

I have no problems with the odd problem when you think of the amount that has had to be supplied to a world wide market and the demand alone in the uk.

when I had the first sv the gearbox collapsed due to a dodgy bearing and was replaced within the hour by a team driver, customer service and the approachability with the drivers and team are second to none, not all factory teams are like this.

Bungleaio 24-03-2014 12:59 PM

I spoke to Schumacher's technical support and they are going to send me the relevant missing parts out.

I asked if there are any other common issues and the guy just shrugged it off and said each bag is put together by different people so I shouldn't have any more issues.

Fingers crossed these are the only issues I'm going to encounter.

reelman_fishing 24-03-2014 03:23 PM

We have been with Schumacher for 3-4 years now and found there backup second to none. If there’s been an issue with anything they sorted it immediately not like some other companies I can mention.

Pulse 24-03-2014 03:34 PM

same experience here

had some problems on a Cougar SV1 with internal gears a few years ago and they sent me the optional ones (not cheap) for free in Belgium..

Schumacher support is the best there is and team drivers are very helpful too in person and on the forums so.. it really is an awesome company and their products are eye catching even when not moving

look at a KF or a K1, how can you buy an Associated after that? :D

The Technician 07 24-03-2014 07:03 PM

I thought I was just unlucky, I got a kf kit a fortnight ago and got to step 3.. one of the slipper plates was missing, carried on with the build and got to the shocks and the four spring seat cups were missing too, also had a stripped steering mount.
Have got to say well done schumacher tho for their cust support, phoned them monday morning and explained the situation, new/missing parts arrived tuesday morning and the woman I spoke to was very apologetic.:thumbsup:

Bungleaio 25-03-2014 01:27 PM

The parts arrived today so they couldn't have got them out to me any quicker!

I will resume the build tonight, fingers crossed the rest of the kit is right.

gazhillAE 25-03-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 847312)
email them with the picture and you will experience their customer support!

Ditto!! :thumbsup:

ufoDziner 25-03-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Technician 07 (Post 847544)
I thought I was just unlucky, I got a kf kit a fortnight ago and got to step 3.. one of the slipper plates was missing, carried on with the build and got to the shocks and the four spring seat cups were missing too, also had a stripped steering mount.
Have got to say well done schumacher tho for their cust support, phoned them monday morning and explained the situation, new/missing parts arrived tuesday morning and the woman I spoke to was very apologetic.:thumbsup:

I was missing the inner slipper plate and the lower spring cups as well. The people I bought it from were quick to send them.

Adam F 25-03-2014 10:16 PM

My kit was all present and correct and just fell together, very impressed as its the first Schuey I've had in a few years…

Awesome car too… :thumbsup: :wub

grobson1970 14-05-2014 11:19 AM

Just started my build and half the gear diff was missing .
there was 2 of one side in the box and none of the other :thumbdown:
NOT GOOD

AfroP 14-05-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grobson1970 (Post 857463)
Just started my build and half the gear diff was missing .
there was 2 of one side in the box and none of the other :thumbdown:
NOT GOOD

contact schumacher they're customer service is second to none.
They will sort you out

matt.petch 14-05-2014 12:21 PM

Yes, just contact Schumacher they are very good at sorting problems, even if it is a little disappointing they occur in the first place.

I had 3 separate issues, they sorted them all by post the day after reporting and then took kit batch details so they could look into what went wrong.

grobson1970 15-05-2014 12:24 PM

Yes customer sevice is good ,got the new part next day :)
But just looking at this forum it shows how many boxes have parts missing / wrong .
and now i will be unable to race tonight as my car is not built :(
I think they need to take a good look at there packing department .
i have never had this problem with an Xray build .

Hay Hum life goes on

I just hope the rest of the car is in the box !