oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   WRCA (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   COBRA - Round 3 - 20th February (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59600)

DCM 21-12-2010 09:05 AM

COBRA - Round 3 - 20th February

Doors open at 9:30am prompt

MINI PINS ARE ALLOWED

venue address
Splott Road
Splott
Cardiff
CF24 2BZ

Booking in will close at midnight on the 17th February to allow us to create a heat listing.

Entries to be sent to cobra.wrca@virginmedia.com

Please include

NAME:
CLASS:
FREQUENCY:
PT NUMBER:

Timetable for the day (may change)

0930 doors open - Booking In, Free Practice
1000 Booking in closes
1010 Practice Finishes
1015 Drivers Briefing
1030 Round 1
1130 Round 2
1230 Round 3
1330 Round 4
1500 Finals

Qualifying is Round by Round.

ALL LiPo cells MUST be charged in a commercially available LiPo sack

Any tyres to be used.

Gonna put info on this thread guys for booking in etc.

Any requests (sensible ones please).

One thing I do know, as of 1st Jan, all WRCA Regionals will require you to charge your LiPo cells in a LiPo sack, this means a 'commercially available sack', not something home made guys.

Steve

weeman 21-12-2010 10:01 AM

minipins

are we definitely aloud to use minipins ????????????

:thumbsup:

markwilliamson2001 21-12-2010 10:27 AM

Yeah good question...it became apparent at Caldicot, that at club meetings at COBRA, pins are allowed? Is this correct?

If not, can I just say that for tyre longevity, and some fun, I do hope that there is a reasonable amount polish floor/slippy if we have to run minispikes or an alternative :thumbsup: 50% of each surface would be excellent!

Cheers
Mark

DCM 21-12-2010 03:12 PM

Currently (and I will get this verified by the new committee), that the pins were banned as a club rule (cue Roy). But the intention is to have a mix of hardboard and carpet, if we can, also have some of the gymnasium floor to. The track isn't going to be a touring car track with bumps.

markwilliamson2001 21-12-2010 03:22 PM

Good man!!! :D:thumbsup::)

DCM 21-12-2010 03:45 PM

I am on off-road guy really..... it WILL be good!

Roy 21-12-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 444478)
Currently (and I will get this verified by the new committee), that the pins were banned as a club rule (cue Roy). But the intention is to have a mix of hardboard and carpet, if we can, also have some of the gymnasium floor to. The track isn't going to be a touring car track with bumps.

It's funny how some peoples memory is very selective isn't it, we were all at the same discussion yet you still find it hard to remember what was proposed and voted in. Open motors open tyre for all classes.

Is that enough of a "cue". :p :p :p

Jamie.T 21-12-2010 05:43 PM

YEY, mini-pins it is then.

DCM 21-12-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 444518)
It's funny how some peoples memory is very selective isn't it, we were all at the same discussion yet you still find it hard to remember what was proposed and voted in. Open motors open tyre for all classes.

Is that enough of a "cue". :p :p :p

that was a vote for a club championship Roy...... Like I said, I will seek clarification.

Roy 21-12-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 444526)
that was a vote for a club championship Roy...... Like I said, I will seek clarification.

Finally it is now agreed that a vote was taken and passed for OPEN MOTORS AND OPEN TYRES for all classes, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

axeman 21-12-2010 06:13 PM

so let me get this right!!! can I use mini pins?????:eh?:

DCM 21-12-2010 06:35 PM

Any important notices will be put in the first post Steve, you have plenty of time yet!!

i4n 21-12-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 444527)
Finally it is now agreed that a vote was taken and passed for OPEN MOTORS AND OPEN TYRES for all classes, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know I wasn't there that race meeting when the vote took place. But at AGM the other week it was discussed mentioned it was open motor/open tyre for club championships, but nothing was said for other events the club holds (club days etc).

Now, to me, logic also dictates that they can be also used at other club events, but, Steve has mentioned, perhaps the committee should have a quick chat/email/text to clarify the position 100% as at the moment, it isn't know for sure.

DCM 21-12-2010 07:33 PM

It is clarification of the passing it as a club rule at the 2009 AGM that needs finding out, as in the end, a club rule takes precedence over the champ, once that is done, then we can move on from this subject once and for all.

Body Paint 21-12-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 444307)
Gonna put info on this thread guys for booking in etc.

Any requests (sensible ones please).

One thing I do know, as of 1st Jan, all WRCA Regionals will require you to charge your LiPo cells in a LiPo sack, this means a 'commercially available sack', not something home made guys.

Steve

Does that mean there is a list of WRCA rules publicised somewhere? Can you post a link or let us know where to find em someone

DCM 21-12-2010 10:49 PM

Craig, I have no idea on the WRCA rules, might be worth asking a committee member :p

Body Paint 21-12-2010 11:02 PM

As you quoted an apparent WRCA rule I thought you may have known something no one else does. How can there be any rules if there are no rules?

This lipo bag rule is apparently a BRCA rule which I have heard through a few 3rd party rumours and yet no official notice has been given to the clubs by the BRCA, so how can that be a rule either???? Confused.com

DCM 21-12-2010 11:04 PM

I was informed that it was one of the things laid out at the AGM Craig, but not seen it in writing as yet, same with the BRCA rule, I have been told it is to go in the General Rules section, but as of yet, nowt.

Body Paint 21-12-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 444526)

Have Cobra had notification from the BRCA about the lipo sack thing? Caldi aint

DCM 22-12-2010 12:01 AM

It would go to Vanessa at the moment, but I have not heard anything as of yet.

I will admit, we all know it is coming, but in what form we don't know, I am assuming the worst, which would be it is in General Rules and it will be a commercially available item, but that would also mean that any LiPo cell charged at a meeting must go into a sack, transmitter, receiver, starter box etc. If you hear anything, Craig, let us know?