oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Norfolk Buggy Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   RallyX track? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52769)

Webbers88 01-09-2010 08:03 PM

RallyX track?

Hi guys,

Good to see you all again. Been a very long time (nearly 3 years) and things have changed quite a lot. Now having gotten married and now a 3 month old son. As I'm sure you might be aware, myself and a guy I work with are looking to set up a RallyX track and David mentioned the piece of land where the old RallyX track used to be. We want to come over, have to chat with you guys and have a look at what we might be able to do. When do yuo guys meet up? Is it just the last Sunday of the month for race days or do you go at other times for practice aswell?

Speak to you all later
Paul Webster

racingdwarf 10-09-2010 07:42 PM

sorry mate not been on here last few days:o, bit mad with nats and proline

last sunday of the month seems the only time we are able to get most together, so 26th sept next one

dave

racingdwarf 13-11-2010 12:58 AM

I am going to take a heavy duty mower up to the track in the next few days and cut the old rallyx track as I need somewere to run my car, I will put a new bit in to miss all the big old jumps in the middle as they are way to far gone to be used, but the rest should be ok once the grass is cut short.
Nothing flash tho, i think most of the old corners still have the concreat markers there but other than that I only plan on a few car tyres etc for track markings. if I were to spend money it realy should be on the 10th track

racingdwarf 13-11-2010 07:53 PM

Well after 3hrs with a large mower and a tractor.I have rediscovered the track:lol:. And to my amazment it not to bad the 3year break has done the ground some good, may try the mugen round it tmro:woot:

racingdwarf 23-11-2010 11:11 PM

Rallyx track now up and running...it's no national track,but it will do for some fun:thumbsup:.just wish I could catch up with the B~*tard who took 150mtr+ of the pipe a few years ago:mad:. I think I know were it went.

I plan to run rallyx and short course

racingdwarf 25-11-2010 03:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Few photos

simonrhart 26-12-2010 07:08 PM

Looks like a good track. Are you guys racing 1/8 off road at the Norfolk Buggy Club now? I am getting back into RC racing (been saying this for the last year!) after about 15 years. I live in Norwich and this would be really great if a club just down the raod from me race 1/8 off road.

Simon

racingdwarf 26-12-2010 10:02 PM

Hi

Yes we are starting to run 8th alongside tenth, we should next be up there on the 16th jan weather dependant:bored:.send me a pm if you want I will give you my number if you want more details

losi8rob 26-12-2010 10:57 PM

Hello simon , come on down & have a go dave is a legend sorting out the rx track after it sat unused for a few years , the track is great , i should be there with fudge & our rx cars on the 16th

racingdwarf 27-12-2010 12:06 AM

Legend:blush:

simonrhart 28-12-2010 04:59 PM

Hi,

I've sent you a pm Dave.

Thanks losi8rob, I should be able to make the 16th. losi8rob: I take it from your id you've got a losi 8ight. I can't decie what to get, a RC8 or losi 8ight. I hear the Losi jumps well but the RC8 handles better. What are you thought's?

Cheers
Simon

racingdwarf 28-12-2010 07:12 PM

8ight if I had to choose bettween them:D

losi8rob 28-12-2010 08:04 PM

well thats a good question :eh?: i have tried a couple of rc8 s & they were ok but i have been told they are fragile , as for the 8ight i have had 5 from the first through to the eu & loved each & everyone , you do get a bit of slop but 40mph down the straight boucing around jumping do you notice it NO , the 8ight spares are cheap & easy to get , you are welcome to try mine on 16 th :thumbsup:

tamiyaterror 04-01-2011 10:33 AM

great to see the rallyx track back in action, i raced there a couple of times before the club shut, still have my inferno in the loft, ill pop down on the 16th to have a look and see if its worth me investing in a new engine to get it going again!
has anyone heard if martin will be making a return??
will you be running proper 1/8th races with transponders?? if its racing then i think ill probably fork out for a new engine, if its just a bit of bashing ill probably look for a dirt cheap low compression option from ebay!
one final thing, im a bit useless with the engine tuning, would anyone be able to give me a few pionters if i did start racing again??

losi8rob 04-01-2011 01:31 PM

As far as i know martin is into kit cars so i dont think he will be back , as for tunning your engine i am sure between us we can sort it out :thumbsup:

tamiyaterror 04-01-2011 01:55 PM

great stuff, looks like ill have to dig the car out and see what i need to get it going..
are you guys going to be properly racing rally x down there, or just bashing around the track?