oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK Short Course Nationals (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   ROUND 4 VENUE CHANGE To COVENTRY (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105530)

spyro 12-07-2012 09:50 PM

ROUND 4 VENUE CHANGE To COVENTRY

We’ve had word from Matt at Telstar that the track condition is not looking good.

The forecast is not good for the next couple of days, so the grass track will not have a chance to dry out.

The decision has been taken to move the meeting to Coventry on the Astroturf track as this is the closest venue to the Telstar track, so hopefully will mean the least inconvenience to drivers.

We hope this will be acceptable to all the drivers and see this as the most sensible option rather than postponing the meeting as there are no dates available in the calendar.

Obviously if any pre-paid drivers require a refund then please use the enquiry form on the UK Short Course web site to let us know.

Our thanks have to go out to Matt and the Telstar team for their efforts and thank you for making the hard decision in good time, thus allowing us to move the meeting.

Look forward to seeing you all Sunday.

Thanks

Chris

Frecklychimp 12-07-2012 10:23 PM

Good work guys,

it's fair enough given the recent conditions...

Just an idea... is the grass at Coventry venue not useable?

TonyM 12-07-2012 10:45 PM

Result :thumbsup: 30 miles nearer for us Northern brothers.

quincey 12-07-2012 10:53 PM

does that mean that theres practice available on saturday?

jayst 12-07-2012 11:02 PM

i wud of thought so :confused::thumbsup:

learnerdriver 13-07-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quincey (Post 673983)
does that mean that theres practice available on saturday?

forecast is wet at coventry on saturday :-(

Hpi_guy 13-07-2012 09:22 AM

Coventry track dries quickly so no worries about that

spyro 13-07-2012 10:43 AM

Saturday practice will be availalbe from 12 as will overnight camping.

Cheers

Chris

TonyM 13-07-2012 11:32 AM

I'm confused - the fact sheet say's the dirt track will be used, rather than the Astro track as previously mentioned in this thread. Can we get confirmation please.

Robbiejuk 13-07-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyro (Post 673968)
We’ve had word from Matt at Telstar that the track condition is not looking good.

The forecast is not good for the next couple of days, so the grass track will not have a chance to dry out.

The decision has been taken to move the meeting to Coventry on the Astroturf track as this is the closest venue to the Telstar track, so hopefully will mean the least inconvenience to drivers.

We hope this will be acceptable to all the drivers and see this as the most sensible option rather than postponing the meeting as there are no dates available in the calendar.

Obviously if any pre-paid drivers require a refund then please use the enquiry form on the UK Short Course web site to let us know.

Our thanks have to go out to Matt and the Telstar team for their efforts and thank you for making the hard decision in good time, thus allowing us to move the meeting.

Look forward to seeing you all Sunday.

Thanks

Chris

Wow good job I looked on here today, will there be an e-mail going out to all the competitors who have booked in about this? :)

spyro 13-07-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyM (Post 674083)
I'm confused - the fact sheet say's the dirt track will be used, rather than the Astro track as previously mentioned in this thread. Can we get confirmation please.

as above it will be the ASTRO track, it takes a little while to update everything, I thought you would at least apreciate the standard facilites info quickly.

spyro 13-07-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbiejuk (Post 674085)
Wow good job I looked on here today, will there be an e-mail going out to all the competitors who have booked in about this? :)

Yes of course in about half hour or so :)

I managed to break the web site last night while trying to update everything.

PaulD 13-07-2012 12:15 PM

Unfortunately due to the short notice, hot food will not be available on Sunday. We will have hot drinks, cans of pop, crisps and chocolate available track side.

Paul

CMCC

Hpi_guy 13-07-2012 12:17 PM

I volunteer Dave to collect pizza from papa johns for everyone

Mark A 13-07-2012 12:24 PM

The astro was chosen for ease of set up at short notice knowing that most drivers have astro tyres,
we are having trouble getting the grass cut due to the weather.
The good old english weather has caused hassle all over the country.

TonyM 13-07-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark A (Post 674116)
The astro was chosen for ease of set up at short notice knowing that most drivers have astro tyres,
we are having trouble getting the grass cut due to the weather.
The good old english weather has caused hassle all over the country.

OK that's good as I don't have any dirt tyres and couldn't get them now before weekend. So ignore the fact sheet then.

Frecklychimp 13-07-2012 12:30 PM

Can we run clockwise for a variation please?

spyro 13-07-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 674119)
Can we run clockwise for a variation please?

thats the plan, also with different cut throughs.

Frecklychimp 13-07-2012 12:40 PM

That's all good then :thumbsup:

spyro 13-07-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyM (Post 674118)
OK that's good as I don't have any dirt tyres and couldn't get them now before weekend. So ignore the fact sheet then.

Not quite... I've updated it to reflect this meeting ;)