oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BRCA Membership? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189311)

HyperDunley 13-04-2017 10:12 AM

BRCA Membership?

Hi all. I re-joined the BRCA on 29th March, paid the £20 joining fee through PayPal but I have heard nothing since, not even a confirmation email to say things are in progress.

Not having heard anything, I sent an email last night through their website, but so far all I have had is an automated response. I know it says it can take up to 14 days for your card to reach you, but surely you must get some form of correspondence, or acknowledgement of receipt of payment?

Is there some kind of backlog at the moment, or is the BRCA a relatively unmanned organisation?

racingdwarf 13-04-2017 11:26 AM

I received my cards within the week I rejoined, just keep trying to contact them:confused:

Stu Dixon 13-04-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDunley (Post 971135)
Hi all. I re-joined the BRCA on 29th March, paid the £20 joining fee through PayPal but I have heard nothing since, not even a confirmation email to say things are in progress.

Not having heard anything, I sent an email last night through their website, but so far all I have had is an automated response. I know it says it can take up to 14 days for your card to reach you, but surely you must get some form of correspondence, or acknowledgement of receipt of payment?

Is there some kind of backlog at the moment, or is the BRCA a relatively unmanned organisation?

Hi mate, I had similar issues when I re-joined back in January, didn't realise until there was a problem until a couple of weeks back when I registered for the oOoos series and they told me I had no BRCA :thumbdown: email sent same as you and got sorted very easily so just wait for them to reply. I haven't raced this year so far so wasn't a real issue.
Oh I gave them the date my PayPal went out so they could trace it nice and easily.

peetbee 13-04-2017 02:04 PM

Have you checked your spam folder? Quite a few people have said the brca emails ended in there so they didn't see them.

HyperDunley 13-04-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peetbee (Post 971147)
Have you checked your spam folder? Quite a few people have said the brca emails ended in there so they didn't see them.

Yeah checked that folder (daily!) but nothing unfortunately. I will give them until Tuesday/Wednesday next week then will be contacting PayPal for a refund, wait for them to come back to me for the money rather than me wait for someone there to get off their ar5e and actually do some work - it's a piece of paper ffs, how hard can it be?

K-Brewer 13-04-2017 03:29 PM

its only a piece of paper with your details on, if you log into your BRCA account and take a screen shot of the confirmation you have paid then showing that should be enough as your covered from the day you pay, not the day you recieve the card

neallewis 13-04-2017 03:58 PM

PM me your name and I can check the status.
I paid for my renewal in November, still haven't got a card...

peetbee 13-04-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDunley (Post 971156)
Yeah checked that folder (daily!) but nothing unfortunately. I will give them until Tuesday/Wednesday next week then will be contacting PayPal for a refund, wait for them to come back to me for the money rather than me wait for someone there to get off their ar5e and actually do some work - it's a piece of paper ffs, how hard can it be?

Frustrating yes, but it's all done by volunteers :(

mark christopher 14-04-2017 09:37 AM

Hi

im one of the guys who helps run the site though my actual knowledge on running it internals is limited.
couple of things to double check
make sure your registered email is correct
make sure your spam folder contains no brca emails

drop a ticket to the brca and direct it to membership, if you pm me your name, or email me markc@brca.org
i can look out for it and direct it to Dianne who will get on the case

asking for a paypal refund will simply see your licence/membership cancelled if its been activated ok. we wont chase you for the money

Neall

drop a ticket too to get a card

to raise a ticket hit contact and then in the drop down either membership or general will go to all page admin

daz75 14-04-2017 11:03 PM

Just log on and get the number from that I've never shown my card to anyone just give them that number

neallewis 15-04-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 971229)
Just log on and get the number from that I've never shown my card to anyone just give them that number

There wasn't one, he isn't registered, despite paying with paypal. As Mark said, likely an email address typo.

daz75 15-04-2017 09:57 AM

Ah ok

HyperDunley 19-04-2017 08:50 AM

Hi guys, quick update...

I have checked with the Treasurer and there is no record of me joining, however they have acknowledged receipt of my PayPal payment.

My email address is correct (it's also my user name) and I have had no correspondence through the email address I use for PayPal (different email address).

I followed the process on the website to join, it's not difficult (I was a member 4/5 years ago for many years), but there is clearly an issue with their system. Whilst they have acknowledged receipt of my money, there has been no efforts made to help me, all I have been told is the person who looks after the memberships is on holiday, but don't know until when....

Totally understand they run on a voluntary basis, but I am a little disappointed with the way this has been handled (or not as the case may be).

Nearly a month has passed now and apart from an email confirming nothing has happened, nothing. I would hope that if anyone ever needed to make a claim from a sanctioned event, their responses would be quicker than this.

daz75 19-04-2017 11:30 AM

Pretty poor what about opening a dispute with PayPal and get your money back and then try to rejoin?

HyperDunley 20-04-2017 10:44 AM

Just a quick update - all sorted now!

Thanks to Mark Christopher for jumping in and helping out. If anyone else has similar issues in the future, Mark's the man :thumbsup:

Cheers

mark christopher 21-04-2017 02:28 PM

It's not down to me, I'm just one of a team, pleased tour sorted and if any one else is stuck, we (the brca admin team) do get there in the end. :thumbsup: