oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   B6 build - gearbox - high point? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181495)

brizzlemark 10-07-2016 08:27 PM

B6 build - gearbox - high point?

Just screwed the gearbox to the chassis and realised that the gearbox has a really stiff/high point at about every complete revolution of the out-drives. Anyone know where I should start looking, I will be taking it apart but if anyone has any insights let me know and I will start there - thanks!

brizzlemark 11-07-2016 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found it - two of the eight screws that hold the gearbox to the chassis were too long, went through the gearbox case and smacked into the gear diff. A chat with CML tomorrow I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brizzlemark (Post 952492)
Just screwed the gearbox to the chassis and realised that the gearbox has a really stiff/high point at about every complete revolution of the out-drives. Anyone know where I should start looking, I will be taking it apart but if anyone has any insights let me know and I will start there - thanks!

discostu 11-07-2016 07:55 PM

That's a build error not a manual error or design error

Not sure what Cml will do about that

brizzlemark 11-07-2016 08:14 PM

Last 8 screws in the bag of the right type, no other screws of that type used in diff - last 8 things in the step in the manual. Unless I was meant to open another bag?

Quote:

Originally Posted by discostu (Post 952552)
That's a build error not a manual error or design error

Not sure what Cml will do about that

discostu 11-07-2016 10:13 PM

Not sure then mine were all present and correct

Roscopeco 11-07-2016 10:26 PM

Seems odd , mine went together fine

adey 11-07-2016 11:18 PM

Some screws in some kits were the wrong length. I had this exact issue and reported it to cml who were very helpful. They already knew of the problem. Some of my chassis side rail screws were wrong too.

brizzlemark 12-07-2016 05:36 AM

Good to hear I wasn't the only one, annoying really as I religiously checked every other one, just these last ones all looked the same and were last from the bag. Will make sure I check the rest and see what CML do. Apart from that quite impressed with the quality of the kit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adey (Post 952566)
Some screws in some kits were the wrong length. I had this exact issue and reported it to cml who were very helpful. They already knew of the problem. Some of my chassis side rail screws were wrong too.

brizzlemark 13-07-2016 05:08 PM

CML have sorted this for me - good work CML.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brizzlemark (Post 952571)
Good to hear I wasn't the only one, annoying really as I religiously checked every other one, just these last ones all looked the same and were last from the bag. Will make sure I check the rest and see what CML do. Apart from that quite impressed with the quality of the kit.