oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   A1 Racing Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   A1 racing club, club night? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128831)

ianholt 11-05-2013 07:48 PM

A1 racing club, club night?

Now that the outdoor track is sorted and the evenings are lighter are we going back to Tuesday nights from now on? If so lets get it advertised!

ianholt 12-05-2013 08:30 AM

After speaking to a few people this morning it has been decided that the A1 racing club outdoor track will be open for Tuesday night club racing. Starting this Tuesday 14/05/13. Everybody is welcome and we can accommodate almost any class of 1/10th. The track has had lots of alterations over the last few months and is now much smoother and drains better.
Please spread the word.:thumbsup:

David Smeaton 14-05-2013 12:18 PM

The track at the weekend really was good. Well done to those who put the effort in.

One comment I did overhear on Sunday was that when club racing starts again it needs to be proper racing with heats & final and posted results rather than just uncontrolled bashing.

Unfortunately I won't be there tonight but fingers crossed for next week.

spyro 14-05-2013 12:26 PM

yup, will be proper racing 3 heats and finals for all. With results counting towards a series championship.

Starting as near to 7pm as possible.

tc2k 26-05-2013 01:16 PM

Hi guys, posted in the forum and asked a few questions, been meaning tocome down and race for months, had the car all ready but work commitments and weather have p paid to that. Have a 2wd and was planning on restarting my BRCA membership and getting a club one but was curious how many 2wd you get on a tues night before I do. Thanks

spyro 27-05-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc2k (Post 777364)
Hi guys, posted in the forum and asked a few questions, been meaning tocome down and race for months, had the car all ready but work commitments and weather have p paid to that. Have a 2wd and was planning on restarting my BRCA membership and getting a club one but was curious how many 2wd you get on a tues night before I do. Thanks

Hi tc2k

There will always be a minimum of at least one 2wd buggy heat. Probably two in reality but we've only had one Tuesday outdoors so far (and it rained!) so a little hard to gauge numbers yet.

Cheers

Chris

Big G 28-02-2014 09:45 AM

hello guys
are you still running (or will be resuming) club nights on Tuesdays?

Andrew Twigger 28-02-2014 01:55 PM

We'll be back outdoors 1st week of April.

The track has had a significant amount of work done and is now much larger and smoother than previously. :thumbsup:

Big G 28-02-2014 02:00 PM

ah great. I'm looking for a place to race - from Lincoln. It seems like you guys are the closest to me.

Louth do on-road, but I don't really fancy buying all new gear to start a new class.

Andrew Twigger 28-02-2014 02:24 PM

I'm from Lincoln too, it's about 30 minutes on a good run so the best we can hope for I think!