oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   JConcepts oOple competition - Big prizes! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15794)

jimmy 08-11-2008 03:39 PM

JConcepts oOple competition - Big prizes!

JConcepts and oOple have teamed up to bring another great competition to oOple forum users. Another opportunity to put to use your creative skills, the top prize will go to competitor who submits the best race report this month, closing date January 12th.

Check out the competition page here for more information: http://www.oople.com/rc/media/jconceptscompetition/

And remember, if you don't manage to win the awesome top prize then there are great prizes on offer for the second and third places entries. So get creative, don't miss out because you don't think you can do it - you get nothing if you don't try so GO FOR IT.

Lee 08-11-2008 03:43 PM

This looks top notch jimmy,

should be another cracker :thumbsup:

mole2k 08-11-2008 05:21 PM

I'll have to try and scour everybodys cars at the next club meeting to see if anybody uses jconcepts stuff :p

glypo 08-11-2008 06:07 PM

Oh cool.

I am going to do something special for this :thumbsup:

josh_smaxx 08-11-2008 10:46 PM

Cheers Jimmy :thumbsup: im liking this competition, its not reliant on weather :thumbsup:

ben 08-11-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glypo (Post 176876)
Oh cool.

I am going to do something special for this :thumbsup:

:( i wish i had photoshop skills and a decent camera.I might win a prize then...

Mrs oOple 12-11-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mole2k (Post 176869)
I'll have to try and scour everybodys cars at the next club meeting to see if anybody uses jconcepts stuff :p

I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff out there, if not the actual BJ4 I'm sure there will be body shells, wheels, tyres, stuff like that. It will be interesting to see how creative everyone can be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 176930)
:( i wish i had photoshop skills and a decent camera.I might win a prize then...

Ben mag, i expected more optimism from you! You've done race reports before - you're a natural. The competition isn't about how expensive your camera is, or what software you've got. Creativity is about you, and what you can do that stands out from the rest. You're mad enough, so i'm sure you'll come up with something crazy :)

josh_smaxx 12-11-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs oOple (Post 178116)
You've done race reports before - you're a natural.

Correction, he's editted mine :yawn: lol!

Not sure weather to do a report or just try and sell some pictures from york to jconcepts :p

mole2k 13-11-2008 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs oOple (Post 178116)
I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff out there, if not the actual BJ4 I'm sure there will be body shells, wheels, tyres, stuff like that. It will be interesting to see how creative everyone can be.

I've got somebody with a BJ4 coming down so im going to have a go at writing the report about them or with the main focus on their performance. hoping to have a big of video as well as a few photographs, I don't have anything fancy video camera wise but hopefully should get a few usable shots.

Lowie 15-11-2008 08:48 AM

great comp ...
but I guess these race-reports must be made in English?

damn, I'm ok in English, but not THAT good :(

Ludo
(from Belgium)

Andy Moore 15-11-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowie (Post 178789)
great comp ...
but I guess these race-reports must be made in English?

damn, I'm ok in English, but not THAT good :(

Ludo
(from Belgium)

I have a feeling you'll do alright, at least try it. ;)

lochness42 17-11-2008 03:33 PM

It's just sad that noone uses JConcepts stuff here. :eh?:

Lee 17-11-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowie (Post 178789)
Ludo
(from Belgium)

That is an ace name, i loved playing that game when i was a kid. :thumbsup:

matdodd 17-11-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 179418)
That is an ace name, i loved playing that game when i was a kid. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: what a game!

Andy Moore 01-12-2008 07:20 PM

Crickets?

Mike Hudson 04-12-2008 11:07 AM

Last night I was having problems emailing my report, the microsoft word file wouldnt attach because the file size is 40mb and most email accounts only let you have a max of 10mb file attatchments and I have no idea if i can compress the file to 10mb or how to if its possible :( anyone got any ideas on what I can do :confused: tried uploading it on here too but it said I was missing a security token :confused: don't know how I can send it to JConcepts and don't want all my hard work i've put into this report to be wasted :confused:

col300 04-12-2008 12:31 PM

You need to compress your images:-

Select the first image in the document and go to format > picture. Then in the pop up window press the compress button and put a check next to "apply to all pictures in document". Then ok, and apply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hudson (Post 184129)
Last night I was having problems emailing my report, the microsoft word file wouldnt attach because the file size is 40mb and most email accounts only let you have a max of 10mb file attatchments and I have no idea if i can compress the file to 10mb or how to if its possible :( anyone got any ideas on what I can do :confused: tried uploading it on here too but it said I was missing a security token :confused: don't know how I can send it to JConcepts and don't want all my hard work i've put into this report to be wasted :confused:

mole2k 04-12-2008 02:34 PM

Writing race reports is hard. I would much prefer straight video/photography competitions :D

Mike Hudson 04-12-2008 09:40 PM

Thanks for the reply sorted now! :) It compressed to just under the allowed limit of 10mb I got it down to 993kb from 40mb! Thanks very much Col :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by col300 (Post 184141)
You need to compress your images:-

Select the first image in the document and go to format > picture. Then in the pop up window press the compress button and put a check next to "apply to all pictures in document". Then ok, and apply.

Mike Hudson 05-12-2008 01:06 PM

so who's entered the comp? :D Anyone know how long it will take before the top 3 are decided? :drool: