oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   come on people when is this C4.1 out (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73433)

Ckapp 20-06-2011 08:01 AM

come on people when is this C4.1 out

Hi everyone. Just to ask anyone or the people who will know when the C4.1 going to be out. I think theres about 5 or 6 people who got them. and for the people who are waiting and waiting. I know its all cool to see it winnin and seeing top drivers usein them, but i think its a bit unfair for the rest of us.

So over to u ..........................

millzy 20-06-2011 08:03 AM

August

Big G 20-06-2011 09:05 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1ece_1s4bk...+at+flickr.jpg

Chrislong 20-06-2011 09:19 AM

"Good", that fortune cooky is bit of an understatement isn't it?

Chequered Flag Racing 20-06-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millzy (Post 517174)
August

the one coming up or next year? :D

Big G 20-06-2011 10:11 AM

The Cat SX3 was being used for half the season also before the mortals were able to get their hands on it and that was only a week before Round 4.

If CML released the car now and it was failing constantly, etc their name would be dirt. Since they haven't released a car in a long time they want it perfect.

The DEX210 was run at Petit 2010 and again at 2011 and still no word on release.

At the end of the day these things take time to get right.

RoyalCBR 20-06-2011 11:07 AM

I can understand the need for getting a new release spot on, but it is very unfair to us mere mortals in competitive events (I don't include myself as I am nowhere near as good to make an A final) that some drivers are using equipment that everyone else doesn't have access to. :(

Doesn't anyone remember the old Rally homolgated regulations back in the good old days of the RS200?

flipside 20-06-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalCBR (Post 517229)
I can understand the need for getting a new release spot on, but it is very unfair to us mere mortals in competitive events (I don't include myself as I am nowhere near as good to make an A final) that some drivers are using equipment that everyone else doesn't have access to. :(

Doesn't anyone remember the old Rally homolgated regulations back in the good old days of the RS200?

Then you better stop racing, or doing any kind of competition :-) They could test it secretly and not race it, but then you get a losi 22. :drool:

Lonestar 20-06-2011 11:34 AM

it isn't that unfair when you think about it - the reason why these 5 or 6 guys get to run such prototypes when us mere mortals don't is that they've proven countless times that they're above the rest to start with... so, B4.1 or C4.1 they'd still whoop your rear anyway ;)

Now I'd rather have them test it fully before releasing it to the public anyway than push a lemon on the market (DNX408 anyone?)

Paul

Richard Lowe 20-06-2011 11:41 AM

Still a few changes to be made yet chaps, nothing major - just a few refinements to make sure it's spot on for everyone :)

Big G 20-06-2011 12:21 PM

don't forget that Robbo was also in the A final with the B4.1 so rush out and buy one :D

CML will sort you out hehe

styleone 20-06-2011 02:33 PM

c4.1

I agree with most comments really. Waiting that little bit longer will mean nothing when we all know the kit is smack on. Its currently being driven by the best drivers in the country...who better to iron out the creases ey?

I'm really keen to see it out in the market aswell though, especially as it reminds me of an oldschool S2 on ali steriods ;)

Col 20-06-2011 04:18 PM

Just to stir it up a bit...

"silver" schu spikes were withdrawn from an earlier national due to not being commercially available. How is the C4 allowed to race at nationals?

Richard Lowe 20-06-2011 05:25 PM

We run control tyres - not control chassis :)

The Hoff 20-06-2011 05:34 PM

C4.1 wins in Denmark ;) http://www.redrc.net/2011/06/jonas-k...ce/#more-43956

_sleigh_ 20-06-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col (Post 517348)
Just to stir it up a bit...

"silver" schu spikes were withdrawn from an earlier national due to not being commercially available. How is the C4 allowed to race at nationals?

I can see where you're coming from but there are only two items specifically within the 1/10th Off-Road section rules which have any relation to 'commercially available'. These are;

• All wheels and tyres must be commercially available
  • Any commercially available 1/10th scale bodyshell may be used....

And to clarify what 'commercially available' means within the rules, this is;

Quote:

Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th Off-Road Sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.
There are obviously other times when commercially available applies to our section and these mainly relate to cells/motors etc. but these are dealt with under the 'Electric Board' rules.

The bodyshell we're currently using has been temporarily adopted from a.n.other car to allow testing to progress, so therefore has been previously available commercially at some point in the past. In fact this manufacturer has had previous National success (see The Mighty Chris Doughty!!) without any problems in this area.

:)

Northy 20-06-2011 05:50 PM

Close but no cigar....

Not shells Phil :D

G

Tom3012 20-06-2011 05:51 PM

When its ready? Its not really an unfair advantage because the guys using it were the guys at the top anyway.... :p

_sleigh_ 20-06-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northy (Post 517404)
Close but no cigar....

Not shells Phil :D

G

22.4 :p

Northy 20-06-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 517410)
22.4 :p

You know what, I had a chat with someone about shells at RHR and was told there was no rule....

*fires up Outlook*

Hat off to you Phil :D