oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   brca legal (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102852)

RCDIRTUK 07-06-2012 02:56 PM

brca legal

Hi there does anyone no if my lipo batterys are legal thay are overlander sport 2cell 7.4 v 5000 if so does that mean I can race 1/10 trucks with them thanks

i4n 07-06-2012 03:56 PM

Can you seem them on this list?

http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...20v1%20pdf.pdf

If so yes, they are legal. In truth though, unless you're doing a big event most clubs will let you run with them even if they're not on the list as long as they are hard cased, just check first.

Hpi_guy 08-06-2012 07:57 AM

If your running short course and stadium trucks ten they are not governed by the brca so any esc, motor and lipos allowed

RCDIRTUK 09-06-2012 07:35 AM

We are running 1/10 stadium trucks xxxt t4 etc so all is good thanks

Frecklychimp 09-06-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpi_guy (Post 662583)
If your running short course and stadium trucks ten they are not governed by the brca so any esc, motor and lipos allowed

Unless you are running them at a BRCA meeting... like Regionals, then homologation list still applies.

Hpi_guy 10-06-2012 04:11 AM

They never checked any of our trucks at the 4wd regional

Frecklychimp 10-06-2012 04:50 AM

So you were not running BRCA legal equipment?

Hpi_guy 10-06-2012 05:21 AM

Nope

mark christopher 10-06-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 663200)
Unless you are running them at a BRCA meeting... like Regionals, then homologation list still applies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 663205)
So you were not running BRCA legal equipment?

could you point us to the rules (official BRCA) either page in the 2012 handbook or the website re short course rules and thier requirments to run of the EB list please

Hpi_guy 10-06-2012 11:16 AM

There isn't any, therefore short course can run on any lipo or electrics, that's why I think that it is becoming a popular class because it can be done cheaply

mark christopher 10-06-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpi_guy (Post 663259)
There isn't any, therefore short course can run on any lipo or electrics, that's why I think that it is becoming a popular class because it can be done cheaply

i know that ;) just was seeing why frecklychimp seemed to think there was!

Hpi_guy 10-06-2012 11:35 AM

Yea, I spent hours going through the brca book and there was no mention of short course

Frecklychimp 10-06-2012 10:38 PM

Qouted from the BRCA Electric Board Objectives,Clarifications and changes section and found within a minuteof being on BRCA website....

The Control of Batteries and Motors.

This works quite simply, with homologation lists produced to inform members what Batteries and Motors are legal to use (and when) at BRCA sanctioned events.

The lists for approved motors are constantly changing, so the BRCA website is used as the point of reference. If a particular make of Battery or Motor is not listed as approved for use, on the homologation lists detailed on this website, it cannot be used at BRCA sanctioned events.

It's got nothing too do with car class and clearly states that at BRCA sanctioned events that only Motors and Batteries from Homolgation lists can be used... couldn't be any clearer!

No If's, But's or maybe's... everyone else has to abide by the rules to race at BRCA Regional meetings and buy the relative proper homologated kit... so whether you run a SCT or a buggy or whatever you use legal kit at Regionals and Nationals etc, the rules are there for safety and fairness.

Hpi_Guy has been made well aware of this fact on more than one occasion... someone thought they were being clever playing ignorant when they were fully aware and it's being addressed... didn't take much to get the public confession though did it?

Any questions take it up with BRCA Regional rep or i'm sure Mr Worsley from BRCA Electric Board will put you straight within seconds...

You are therefore both wrong :p

You should know better Mr Christopher, pointless argument this time :lol:

Hpi_guy 11-06-2012 08:04 AM

When was I being ignorant?

mark christopher 11-06-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 663442)
Qouted from the BRCA Electric Board Objectives,Clarifications and changes section and found within a minuteof being on BRCA website....

The Control of Batteries and Motors.

This works quite simply, with homologation lists produced to inform members what Batteries and Motors are legal to use (and when) at BRCA sanctioned events.

The lists for approved motors are constantly changing, so the BRCA website is used as the point of reference. If a particular make of Battery or Motor is not listed as approved for use, on the homologation lists detailed on this website, it cannot be used at BRCA sanctioned events.

It's got nothing too do with car class and clearly states that at BRCA sanctioned events that only Motors and Batteries from Homolgation lists can be used... couldn't be any clearer!

No If's, But's or maybe's... everyone else has to abide by the rules to race at BRCA Regional meetings and buy the relative proper homologated kit... so whether you run a SCT or a buggy or whatever you use legal kit at Regionals and Nationals etc, the rules are there for safety and fairness.

Hpi_Guy has been made well aware of this fact on more than one occasion... someone thought they were being clever playing ignorant when they were fully aware and it's being addressed... didn't take much to get the public confession though did it?

Any questions take it up with BRCA Regional rep or i'm sure Mr Worsley from BRCA Electric Board will put you straight within seconds...

You are therefore both wrong :p

You should know better Mr Christopher, pointless argument this time :lol:

yup but thats only applicable to sections/classes that choose to use it, example being 8th electric rally cross, micro who both can run soft cased lipo and motors that do not have approval and sc carnt use a list as there is no 550 motor list for starters...

if in doubt ask jim spencer,chris hardisty the eb rules apply ONLY to sections using them... NOT to every BRCA sanctioned event.
i wil ask again where are the brca short course class rules?
so mr freckily chimp, your wrong

Frecklychimp 11-06-2012 08:46 AM

It's there in black and white, couldn't be any clearer and you still try and argue for the sake of what?

it's all blah blah blah Mr Christopher... another thread you have jumped in on and made yourself look a tit :woot:

mark christopher 11-06-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 663490)
It's there in black and white, couldn't be any clearer and you still try and argue for the sake of what?

it's all blah blah blah Mr Christopher... another thread you have jumped in on and made yourself look a tit :woot:

Lol before I posted the above I spoke to Chris hardisty, who agreed with what I was about to put, now call him and get your facts correct, there are NO sc rules, the eb list is ONLY for those sections who use it and classes whos rules state they run to eh listings.. no short course Brca rules within the Brca, no need to run to eb listing
I am NOT arguing, I'm posting fact.

Frecklychimp 11-06-2012 09:43 AM

So the BRCA are in fact wrong with what is published on their site, according to the exciting world of MR C?

from which i quoted!

It's got nothing to do with with class according to that statement.

In Mid-East Region, 2WD SCT's still have to use homologated kit and that is the fact and the point... it's not acceptable to allow 1 person to race ignoring these rules in the name of fairness to everyone else that races and spends money buying legal kit... plus at regional level drivers in other classes all have to follow the same guidlines... there have been motor/battery rules for years and years and why should it change just because SCT's come along

The SCT class is not new anymore and its about time there were some sensible rules to follow... i've been racing them for 3 years pretty much... it is a good beginner class and most clubs allow relaxed motor/battery rules for them... the National series is there but is too relaxed IMO and doesn't promoting or teaching driving etiquette so is not helping beginners with the 'art' of racing... just allowing them chance to drive round between some hoses

I would love to continue the chat about this as exciting as it is, but i have windows to lick and pavements to stare at.

We can have this conversation at oOple race Mark... but please wait until i'm asleep :thumbsup:

mark christopher 11-06-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frecklychimp (Post 663506)
So the BRCA are in fact wrong with what is published on their site, according to the exciting world of MR C?

from which i quoted!

It's got nothing to do with with class according to that statement.

In Mid-East Region, 2WD SCT's still have to use homologated kit and that is the fact and the point... it's not acceptable to allow 1 person to race ignoring these rules in the name of fairness to everyone else that races and spends money buying legal kit... plus at regional level drivers in other classes all have to follow the same guidlines... there have been motor/battery rules for years and years and why should it change just because SCT's come along

The SCT class is not new anymore and its about time there were some sensible rules to follow... i've been racing them for 3 years pretty much... it is a good beginner class and most clubs allow relaxed motor/battery rules for them... the National series is there but is too relaxed IMO and doesn't promoting or teaching driving etiquette so is not helping beginners with the 'art' of racing... just allowing them chance to drive round between some hoses

I would love to continue the chat about this as exciting as it is, but i have windows to lick and pavements to stare at.

We can have this conversation at oOple race Mark... but please wait until i'm asleep :thumbsup:

please talk to chris hardisty as i have said, you are miss reading the wording which is applicable to those classes using the eb rules, "other classes have brca rules which state you follow the eb listing. ie 2 and 4wd
mark stanton, ill pass on your thoughts to chris about "tits" unless of course you do take time to ring the brca chairman, then when he says what i have put, maybe you could call him one to his face... or are you chickin:lol:

Frecklychimp 11-06-2012 09:56 AM

:lol: