oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Speed Passion Motors (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10203)

Chequered Flag Racing 23-04-2008 01:20 PM

Speed Passion Motors
 
just spoken to a LHS and they reckon Speed Passion Motors 10.5 are BANNED for BRCA sanctioned events because there 0.2mm to big on the can?

anyone know if this is case before I spend the cash as I was going to get one for 12th car?

stegger 23-04-2008 01:23 PM

Are they on the EB motor list ?

Lee 23-04-2008 01:31 PM

Which one is it glenn?


http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...s%20latest.pdf

stegger 23-04-2008 01:31 PM

They are on the list

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...s%20latest.pdf

Chequered Flag Racing 23-04-2008 02:03 PM

:blush: 1st post edited

10.5 Spec motor not open BL

should have been more specific, sorry

stegger 23-04-2008 02:15 PM

Yeh your right!!!:(

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...008A%20pdf.pdf

Just the nosram and novak

MattW 23-04-2008 05:31 PM

The 10.5 isn't on the EB 10.5 spec list, and in it's current form is unlikely to be - unfortunately.

rcluke 23-04-2008 08:33 PM

you will have-to use the 2.5T lol

RogerM 23-04-2008 08:43 PM

I'm a bit fed up now .... I have the 9.5 and it's superb when there is no grip and now I find it's not on the list ..... :(

Chequered Flag Racing 24-04-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 117043)
The 10.5 isn't on the EB 10.5 spec list, and in it's current form is unlikely to be - unfortunately.

tell us more on why Matt,

looking to get a 10.5 for the CARS/AMC Summer Shoot Out II - 2008

chris_dono 24-04-2008 10:43 AM

I believe it's to do with the lack of stamping of the wind on the endbell, and the fact that ROAR are saying that 10.5 is effectively going to be a modified motor and the 13.5 will be the Pro-Stock class.

Feel free to correct me on that if it's not correct though guys.
Cheers
Chris

stegger 24-04-2008 10:53 AM

I thought 13.5 was stock and 10.5 was pro stock

DCM 24-04-2008 11:08 AM

I thought the dimensions were the same for the back iron, rotor length and diameter as with pro-stock and open? or is it something else that is throwing it on on homologation?

Chequered Flag Racing 24-04-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stegger (Post 117276)
I thought 13.5 was stock and 10.5 was pro stock

BRCA have 10.5 as Brushless Spec Motor for the UK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_dono (Post 117274)
I believe it's to do with the lack of stamping of the wind on the endbell, and the fact that ROAR are saying that 10.5 is effectively going to be a modified motor and the 13.5 will be the Pro-Stock class.

Feel free to correct me on that if it's not correct though guys.
Cheers
Chris

don't know about the stamping

In the UK we run to BRCA rules so 10.5 is spec class, what ROAR decide is for the US only.


Chequered Flag Racing 24-04-2008 03:34 PM

not applicable

Chequered Flag Racing 28-04-2008 11:05 AM

Phoned Schumacher UK this morning and they are saying the 1st batch of 10.5's into the UK failed the BRCA tech rules http://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif


but

the new 10.5's due in in a fortnight or so will pass the tech rules http://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com