oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   The PlayGround (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Abbreviations (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10412)

Lee 30-04-2008 10:43 AM

Abbreviations
 
At the moment i am writing a document for a well known oil company about a platform that is going to be built, its basically a Spec for the Vessel.

I have just come accross a line which has a few abbreviations in it, so much so its virtually unreadable.

"For *****, the ESS functions shall be provided by a combination of the FGS and the IPS, where the IPS implements process safety (PSD), ESD and EDP functions. "

Sorry you cant see the project name its top secret shizzle:D

telboy 30-04-2008 10:51 AM

I dnt knw wht ur on abt. its prfctly rdable.

:woot::thumbsup:

bigred5765 30-04-2008 11:02 AM

ya big wus sup wit ya.nps at al,
send it to your phone then you can read it

stegger 30-04-2008 11:13 AM

WTF:lol:

c0sie 30-04-2008 11:25 AM

I think there is a valid difference between genuine abbreviations, and stupid kids of today who can only talk, write and text in their "Im the next generation of McDonalds worker!" talk...

Youths eh..

bigred5765 30-04-2008 11:27 AM

lol class maccy d's generation

CAClark 30-04-2008 12:13 PM

'Mouth Breather' should be classified as an official language, cos sometimes I just can't be arsed to try and work out what stuff means! :lol:

Lee 30-04-2008 01:39 PM

Text talk does my head in, i understand why we have them but in my industry we have so many TLA`s (Three Letter Acronyms). Its just when you get a sentence like the one above you have to think about it and it becomes difficult to read if you are not familiar with it.

Even the building i work in is abbreviated. CAI (Centre of Advanced Industry)

Kecky 30-04-2008 05:00 PM

They can't get enough of them where I work, for example I went on an internal training course a few months ago called: PM@MP which was 'project management at mouchel parkman', no one told us what it meant until we got there, one lad thought it was to do with pension management :lol:

c0sie 30-04-2008 05:14 PM

I have to put up with people looking for a 3WECBFLT with SS on ORP half of my day.

The other half of my day is skiving until the time comes for me to hand my notice in...mwahahaa!

Cruise 30-04-2008 05:22 PM

Try this one sorry its in german but I think you get the idea.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com