oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid West (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lipo's at regionals?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10522)

silky 04-05-2008 10:00 AM

Lipo's at regionals??
 
HI Guy's, me and a few friends are planning on doing the rest of the 4WD Mid West regionals. Forgive me if this has been mentioned in a previous thread, but a friend has asked me to ask you guy's if Lipo's are legal at the Mid West regionals?? I dont think they are but I thought I would double check.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben

markwilliamson2001 04-05-2008 10:12 AM

No they are not legal at any of the regionals. However I don't think they would NOT let you race, but your points would not count, and you probably wouldn't be able to run in the finals either.

HTH
Mark

JCJC 04-05-2008 10:16 AM

Off road buggy regionals are BRCA sanctioned events and run to the same rules as Nationals, Lipo's are not allowed, it has been asked before.

Batteries on the 2008 list and very possibly upto 3700 from previous years, but not any of the 4200's and above from 2007. (if you are buying new batteries make sure they are on the 2008 list)

There is a very good chance that Lipo's will be proposed & accepted for next year.

silky 04-05-2008 11:32 AM

Ok, I thought so, cheers lads, so I should be fine with my 3700's then yeah? I cant afford to buy new cells at the moment lol

markwilliamson2001 04-05-2008 11:42 AM

Yeah I will be running 3700's at the next 2wd regional, which I think is Stoke in June.

silky 04-05-2008 11:47 AM

Cool, thanks Mark. I would have been right stuffed if I had needed to go out and buy new cells.

losixxx 04-05-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCJC (Post 120799)
Off road buggy regionals are BRCA sanctioned events and run to the same rules as Nationals, Lipo's are not allowed, it has been asked before.

Batteries on the 2008 list and very possibly upto 3700 from previous years, but not any of the 4200's and above from 2007. (if you are buying new batteries make sure they are on the 2008 list)

There is a very good chance that Lipo's will be proposed & accepted for next year.


ib4200's from 2007 ARE allowed at regional's just not at nationals

JCJC 06-05-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losixxx (Post 120840)
ib4200's from 2007 ARE allowed at regional's just not at nationals

I was wrong, missed the document and its new heading on the BRCA site,

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...2008%20pdf.pdf

Cells from 2007 list and of course the 2008 list allowed at regionals.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com