oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Bodies / HPI (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   E-firestorm 10T (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11521)

B44&501xRacerEX 11-06-2008 05:38 PM

E-firestorm 10T
 
I have just ordered me one.
It will have an LRP eraser/ AI pro 9.5 brushless installed also.

I chose that brushless system because it's waterproof.

Scouser 11-06-2008 05:48 PM

There are a few of these racing at our club and they seem to be going very well. HPI and Edit have some very nice hop-ups for them aswell. If I didn't have the T4 I would have gone for one of these myself.

ben 11-06-2008 06:10 PM

Great news BMag. Why do we need to know everything you do in your little RC world though?:confused:

peetbee 11-06-2008 07:01 PM

To be fair Ben you tend to share your views on everything with us too!;):woot:

dan_kitty 11-06-2008 07:08 PM

i like the look of those trucks, just not enough people racing them around here. :(

good luck at golfland :)

ben 11-06-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peetbee (Post 132595)
To be fair Ben you tend to share your views on everything with us too!;):woot:

Atleast my views make sense. And i dont talk about the people i race with as if they are out of a kids TV program.

B44&501xRacerEX 11-06-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouser (Post 132590)
There are a few of these racing at our club and they seem to be going very well. HPI and Edit have some very nice hop-ups for them aswell. If I didn't have the T4 I would have gone for one of these myself.

I have seen zero firestorms, all t4's....
I dont like the T4, but the firestorm I'll setup like a T4.

I'll try the box stock setup first before I decide to make changes.

ben 11-06-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B44&501xRacerEX (Post 132620)
I dont like the T4, but the firestorm I'll setup like a T4.

Just buy a T4 then if your gonna set the firestorm up like one. :wtf:
Please someone BAN this guy ARGHHH!!!!!!!

peetbee 11-06-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 132600)
Atleast my views make sense. And i dont talk about the people i race with as if they are out of a kids TV program.

I know, sorry, just couldn't resist,sorry!:blush:

ben 11-06-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peetbee (Post 132650)
I know, sorry, just couldn't resist,sorry!:blush:

Ahhh dont worry about it mate. :lol:

B44&501xRacerEX 11-06-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 132628)
Just buy a T4 then if your gonna set the firestorm up like one. :wtf:
Please someone BAN this guy ARGHHH!!!!!!!

Sorry Ben if I got ya off on the wrong foot.
There isnt any setups for the firestorm availible yet.

Someone named DarkWav on rctech has took his E-firestorm to the track
and loved it. Maybe I'll do the same.

I have a set of pink taper pins that I had glued for my rs4mt that I could use
and the mip shiny cvds I have.

I guy from indiana took his nitro firestorm to reo and won with it.
But that is nitro tottally different from the electric counterpart.

I found a little information about this electric version of the truck:
19 tooth pinon, 87 tooth spur (seems about right)
I should be able to use the stock pinon since the 9.5 LRP eraser is 200W @4,700kv

B44&501xRacerEX 11-06-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 132593)
Great news BMag. Why do we need to know everything you do in your little RC world though?:confused:

Nah, what kinda 2wd truck you run?

Scouser 11-06-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B44&501xRacerEX (Post 132697)

I found a little information about this electric version of the truck:
19 tooth pinon, 87 tooth spur (seems about right)
I should be able to use the stock pinon since the 9.5 LRP eraser is 200W @4,700kv

If you do a little search through this forum, you will find a thread from a guy in Germany (?)* who raced his E-Firestorm at an indoor track. If I remember correctly, there are some cool photos aswell. You might find some set up assistance from the HPI site, at least that would probably be a good starting point. As far as shock oil and springs etc, try running what the fast racers at your local track are using. If it works for them, it might work for you aswell. I wouldn't assume that the pinion and spur set up that you have read about will be any good for you though. The truck might have been running a different motor, the track might have been very different to yours etc etc. Best to try lots of different options and see what works best for you.

*It was Belgium, sorry Lowie!

SHY 11-06-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peetbee (Post 132595)
To be fair Ben you tend to share your views on everything with us too!;):woot:

Yup, I'm just waiting for him to get interested in girls and telling us all about how the last date went... go for it Lil'Kim! :lol: Ben, sorry...

Watching the BMag "Truman" Show has become the highlight of my day. He's a natural born bullshitter and nobody on here does it better! Some try VERY hard though :lol::lol::lol:

B44&501xRacerEX 14-06-2008 02:28 PM

I got the truck yesterday.
I've removed the stock radio junk from it to run my futaba Fasst stuff in it. The esc and motor will go in my blackfoot extreme for bashing.

I'll leave the stock servo in the truck. And replace the stock servo later on with a futaba metal geared servo. My goal is to get this truck to go fast, but not super-fast where it will try to ride a wheelie.
That wouldnt be fun. People run mamba 5700 T4's around here that ride wheelies at full throttle.

Fiddybux 22-06-2008 10:54 PM

So how are you finding the truck so far? It sounds like a really fun ride.

I just got a set of yellow mini pins.

B44&501xRacerEX 23-06-2008 05:00 PM

great!
If I want it to be a T4 I can put my B4 team kit tranny on it...:lol:

It's just like a T4 in many ways. The stock Ground Assault tires rule on the dirt! The front tires are perfect for racing. This truck has all the things I love. Metal gears in the tranny, cool satanic evil black look like a durga or
dark impact.

Fiddybux 23-06-2008 06:05 PM

Of course looks are important to put the willies up the opposition ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com