oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hobbywing Xtreme stock on 1 Cell ? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116488)

CrashBangWallop 06-12-2012 07:03 PM

Hobbywing Xtreme stock on 1 Cell ?
 
I have an Xtreme stock that i would not mind using in one of my GT10 cars but only on 1 cell Li-po power.
I realise this wont work straight off and know you can wire in a 2 cell Li-Ion pack in to the switch of a Tekin RS which I have run for many years in this configuration and is 100% reliable.
Question is, has anybody done the same with a Xtreme stock ? Have you got a wiring diagram you are willing to share ?

Any response appreciated.

fidspeed 06-12-2012 09:33 PM

mine work fine on 1s lipo power (just switch off voltage protesction and off you go)

just be careful and dont run lipo too low also you cant adjust settings on 1s lipo you need to power up on 2 s

i run spektrum rx and not have had any problems but i have heard some do with savox servos .

fid

CrashBangWallop 06-12-2012 11:09 PM

Xtreme stock
 
What about the receiver and running the servo ? Spektrum dont like the voltage too low and need to keep the speed of the servo up hence the use of 2 cell li-ion cells on the RS. I do tend to use high end digital servos and these do tend to be a bit power hungry.

mtbd500 06-12-2012 11:37 PM

1s
 
If you try it, run a beefy capacitor in the rx, I am not sure if you can run a cap on a servo?

CrashBangWallop 07-12-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbd500 (Post 719777)
If you try it, run a beefy capacitor in the rx, I am not sure if you can run a cap on a servo?

Already do on my 4cell Ni-mh ministock, it wont run without it ! I find 4700 mf 16V works best ! + & - rails in the receiver are all commoned so if you have a spare port fill it with a power cap.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com