oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   XRAY (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   XRAY XB4 Setups (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118762)

reg 06-01-2013 08:00 PM

XRAY XB4 Setups
 
Come on chaps :)

how did worksop go

sime46 06-01-2013 09:08 PM

Ill start. It took most of the day to get the car how I wanted it but in the end it was 99.9%. I drove like a tit which hampered the process but I was very happy with the car. It was bullet proof too coming home completely unscathed despite my best attempts to wreck it on more than one occasion. Ill attempt to post a setup or link to it over the coming days. Overall a great day.

reg 06-01-2013 09:26 PM

Nice one Si,
did you start with kit setup?

thorny97 07-01-2013 10:13 AM

I ran my xb4 yesterday, first couple of rounds car was very good, but after that i seemed to be loosing rear traction espeically in the fast sweeper at the end of the straight, car seemed to want to kick out.

Used pretty much kit setup - played with multiflex system, tried progressive springs, and different roll bars.

We probably try using 6 hole pistons at next round, unless i find something else

colinjackson 07-01-2013 03:29 PM

Mixed day for me went wrong with setup untill 3rd round then car was dialed! Tried most of the things as mark did. ended up with good top 20 pace but still a bit of work to do to increase rear traction as the car rotates mid corner on the slippery surface.

I'll post my settings online tonight so you can see where i ended up with it. Very promising for the cars first run in these conditions

Colin

leebunker 07-01-2013 03:44 PM

i ran the xb4 at silverstone on saturday finnished 3rd setup below

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=15&setup=xb4

sime46 08-01-2013 08:49 PM

My finishing setup from Worksop is here. You'll prob have to copy the addy into your browser as I'm not smart enough to make it into a link. Sorry. Lol

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=20&setup=xb4

sime46 08-01-2013 08:54 PM

It works. Lol. Who'd have known. Anyway, the car was really nicely balanced like this and great to drive. Good alround traction and no over rotation. Loved it. Deffo my start point for the next meeting. Great car!!!

AEE 09-01-2013 03:25 PM

do some one have a set up for bumpy dirt??

In winter we drive in a manege in the netherlands, next race I would like to drive my xb4, that's the reason I am looking for a basic dirt set up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPEYV5l3AB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekpPlYK6OY


temp between 0° and 8°
lose dirt whit big holes in it
popular tyres : losi step pin

thanks!!


grtzz

feniks 09-01-2013 05:21 PM

will have a setup in no time there .
and tyers I will run my proline calibers . dont want to get a truck load of tyers just for 1 race and the calibers we can use at the nationals . will probebly go 4 hole pistons . all the rest will take 30 min to get it good . ow and softer diffs so get some emty one's ready to fill .

reg 09-01-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sime46 (Post 730644)
It works. Lol. Who'd have known. Anyway, the car was really nicely balanced like this and great to drive. Good alround traction and no over rotation. Loved it. Deffo my start point for the next meeting. Great car!!!


Nice one Si,ill be starting with that to:thumbsup:

just need a spring set:)

sime46 09-01-2013 10:43 PM

Just back in from Mansfield club night. Car was setup on my Worksop setup and it was properly dialled. Absolutely mega. Loving this car. For those not familiar it's an indoor carpet track with good jumps and rumble strips. Great midweek venue with increasing numbers. :thumbsup:

AEE 11-01-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feniks (Post 730936)
will have a setup in no time there .
and tyers I will run my proline calibers . dont want to get a truck load of tyers just for 1 race and the calibers we can use at the nationals . will probebly go 4 hole pistons . all the rest will take 30 min to get it good . ow and softer diffs so get some emty one's ready to fill .


4 holes, how many mm for one hole? (front /rear)
4 holes front and rear?

grtzz

feniks 12-01-2013 09:34 PM

will say this in englich so all understand as aee is belgium aswell lol. cal me as putting a full setup on here we cant at the moment. we are driving in a horsstable and last week we had 12 degrees and this week its -4 so oils and all ????? lets see that in 2 weeks . al the rest call me up will be a lot faster . greets

AEE 29-01-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feniks (Post 732145)
will say this in englich so all understand as aee is belgium aswell lol. cal me as putting a full setup on here we cant at the moment. we are driving in a horsstable and last week we had 12 degrees and this week its -4 so oils and all ????? lets see that in 2 weeks . al the rest call me up will be a lot faster . greets


thanks for the setup help bart!
it was a fun race:D

grtzz

reg 02-03-2013 01:44 PM

Hi,I will be running a 7.5 x20 in the car,it says on the instructions for the motor "gear ratio of 10.0.1"

could some one help with the right pinion to start on,
also in simple terms how to work it out,
thanks

JohnM 02-03-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reg (Post 751785)
Hi,I will be running a 7.5 x20 in the car,it says on the instructions for the motor "gear ratio of 10.0.1"

could some one help with the right pinion to start on,
also in simple terms how to work it out,
thanks

I'm running an Orion 6.5 on a 22t pinion, seems to work well on the outside tracks I've been on so far. I've always found the LRP motors like being geared a little lower then Orion or Speedpassion, so a 22 for a 7.5 might not be too far out.

To work out the ratio, I think it goes, number of teeth on spur divided by pinion size, times internal ratio of 2.5. example 81t spur divided by 20t pinion, times 2.5 ratio gives you 10.12.

reg 02-03-2013 05:46 PM

Thankyou John,perfect:thumbsup:

Does anyone use a free iphone app?iv done a search but they are all abit pants

feniks 04-03-2013 08:18 AM

I run my 5.5 and 6.6 on a 18 and 19 pinion . indoors I run it on a 16 .
you may not forget that most of ower tracks are a lot smaller than the UK tracks , and I am running HPI motors and they are not getting above 60 degrees at enny time not even with a full pack of driving .

carman 07-04-2013 04:17 PM

Robin hood setup
 
Has anyone had the xray round robin hood yet on the astro?
I'm looking for a setup.
Thanks.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com