oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Losi XXX KE - How to make it go like stink! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11890)

Fiddybux 24-06-2008 09:07 PM

Losi XXX KE - How to make it go like stink!
 
Hi,

My XXX KE is the first car I bought when I finally got into r/c racing a couple of years ago...but the problem is that I have no idea how to set it up properly as I usually race 4WD. When I try to tune it I usually end up with oil that is too heavy and springs that are too stiff, so it just flips all over the place and drives like a bag of crap.

Usually (and I will certainly change this) I put 40wt in front and 30wt in the rear, pink springs back, orange springs rear, can't remember what pistons are in it and can't seem to find an ideal camber link length. Shock positions are also a bit of a mystery - I've had revelations when I've thought something I did really made a difference and I've had days when the same sort of adjustments just don't react the same way as I originally thought. To put it simply, I'm just confused about the whole thing.

What I'm after is some hard and fast advice on how to get this thing dialled. I'm racing it at my club on Sunday.

Thanks everyone.

ashleyb4 24-06-2008 09:11 PM

Well the cr seems very similar shock whise i generally start with:

Rear
Oil 30wt
Spring: Red
Piston:red

Front
Oil 35wt
Spring:blue
Piston red

A

bert digler 24-06-2008 09:25 PM

buy a b4:lol:

Fiddybux 24-06-2008 09:33 PM

This car was good enough for Kinwald so it should be possible to dial it in.

ryan 11-07-2008 02:09 PM

That was before the B4 was here though :thumbsup:

millzy 11-07-2008 02:42 PM

http://www.losi.com/RaceCenter/Disco...s.aspx#tripleX

see if that link helps

i remeber when i ran my own years ago Matt Dodd told me the first thing you do is swap the kit pistons around from the maunals set up

Lonestar 03-10-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millzy (Post 141053)
http://www.losi.com/RaceCenter/Disco...s.aspx#tripleX

see if that link helps

i remeber when i ran my own years ago Matt Dodd told me the first thing you do is swap the kit pistons around from the maunals set up


OOOOH THANK YOU!!! Exactly what I was looking for as my BK1 is hitting the racetrack back these days, and I honestly don't understand why it couldn't be competitive anymore... cars haven't changed that much in 5yrs ;)

Paul


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com