oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Will SpeedPassion motor work on Hobbywing ESC (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119935)

cutting42 20-01-2013 01:25 AM

Will SpeedPassion motor work on Hobbywing ESC
 
Hi All

I have a Hobbywing Xtreme stock 10.5 combo and am thinking about getting an 8.5 motor for it. Will the Speed Passion V3 8.5T work properly on it and all the timing tweaks that the ESC can do?

Robby 20-01-2013 01:28 AM

Sure.
A ESC doesn't know what brand motor you're running, and vice versa.

Chris56 20-01-2013 12:42 PM

If you are running 2wd it should be ok down to 6.5/7.5T as the esc is rated at 60A. I run a Dualsky 60A esc with an 8.5t motor and am able to advance the timing without any overheating issues.

Lee24h 20-01-2013 12:49 PM

I run a tekin esc and a gm motor
Really dont worry as long as you wire it up correctly

cutting42 20-01-2013 10:31 PM

Hi All

Thanks for the advice, it is for a 4WD (B44.1) and Hobbywing sell the ESC as a combo upto 8.5 so I would probably stick to that. The 10.5 with full tuning is pretty good on smaller tracks, but just thinking for bigger tracks and as I get better as I have seen a few SP8.5's up for sale here!

Lee24h 22-01-2013 09:01 PM

Most motor limits are 5.5t so effectively 6.5t to play safe
I like to buy a speedo with high motor limits
I have a tekin rs pro
Nosram istc version 2
And speed passion gt2.0 pro
I just my preference i like to no im never going to get to the speedos limit

Tomk26B4 22-01-2013 09:09 PM

I think the new hobbywing has the same software as the SP reventon if that helps?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com