oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Batley Buggy Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sorry don't mean to hassle anyone but I need know if I need a certain battery (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124295)

Dr coolio 11-03-2013 07:24 PM

Sorry don't mean to hassle anyone but I need know if I need a certain battery
 
:) what it's says above I need know ASAP because I might buy something:thumbsup:

Swell 11-03-2013 08:05 PM

Calm down doc
 
That depends on what you've got eg (esc) your charger.............
Best idea might be to list what you have or pics or both, if you have the time then everyone can correctly advice you, im new to rc so dont know much in the grand scheme of things, but if you read tobamorys approch theres alot to be learned from there, as he has just gone through it all......
Theres plenty of time before next batley a this is a sport of patience and patience can save you a lot of money plus improve performance its the ppp=ppp
Thats what ive learnt since xmas good luck see you there :thumbsup:

Col 11-03-2013 08:38 PM

What batteries do you need, saddle or stick?
The club runs to BRCA rules, so technically any battery should be on the BRCA electric board list.
Clicky for saddle lipo's
Clicky for stick lipo's

Buy from wherever you like, but MB models is local to you and as good as anywhere else.

Dr coolio 11-03-2013 08:45 PM

So can't I use my Nimh battery and its a stick by the way

Aire valley 11-03-2013 09:05 PM

Yes.... 7.2v stick nimh are fine.....Best you just bring your car along to the next meeting and we will advise you then !

Danny Harrison 11-03-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr coolio (Post 755010)
So can't I use my Nimh battery and its a stick by the way

Are you sure its a stick? I bought my lad a caster s10b a while back and it took saddle pack.

neallewis 12-03-2013 12:34 AM

Sorry my fault for confusing you in the other thread. Yes you van use any 6cell Nimh packs, or hardcase 2S lipos. You mentioned getting a pack that would run for an hour, and if you shop at modelsport, they will sell you 3S high capacity soft case lipos which are fine for bashing, but no good at all for racing.

Dr coolio 12-03-2013 07:06 AM

Yes it's definitely a stick its the v3 version and I might see about a lipo

Danny Harrison 12-03-2013 08:49 PM

Theres lots of information all over these forums. Just turn up with a car that can go for 5 min and can be charged and you will be fine.

We were all new at some point, so dont be put off if people stop answering, or seem abrupt. The same questions can arise a lot ;)

Dr coolio 12-03-2013 09:49 PM

Thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com