oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Basic discharge tray? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12469)

Si2008 18-07-2008 11:36 AM

Basic discharge tray?
 
Hi guys,

I've got myself 3 packs of fat cobra 4600's.

I'm looking to get an equalizer but didn't want to spend an absolute fortune as i've spent £130 on a Charger.

Would the LRP concept battery conditioner be good enough to equalize my cells and how exactly do I use the tray. Do I just drop the pack in until all the leds go out?

Many thanks.

Kopite 18-07-2008 11:46 AM

you may get differing answers here, but i do think that the original concept battery equaliser discharges them way too low. There is a newer version of it, which allows you to set the discharge voltage cutoff point (and can be used with LIPO too :thumbsup:)

LRP41370 - LRP CONCEPT BATTERY CONDITIONER 2

jim76 18-07-2008 11:47 AM

you will need a tray that discharges to 0.9v. Some of the earlier ones go down to 0.6v which may cause the cells problems. make sure you check the spec before buying

most work in the same way, yes you simply drop the cells in, press the button and wait for the lights to go out.

mark christopher 18-07-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopite (Post 143094)
you may get differing answers here, but i do think that the original concept battery equaliser discharges them way too low. There is a newer version of it, which allows you to set the discharge voltage cutoff point (and can be used with LIPO too :thumbsup:)

LRP41370 - LRP CONCEPT BATTERY CONDITIONER 2


but you dont need to discharge a lipo???:confused:

redonesgofaster 18-07-2008 12:27 PM

I think you'll find it dfficult to connect a lipo up to that sort of equaliser tray. :eh?:

the one thing to watch is the polarity of the tray. Depending on how the packs have been made up you may need to swap them round or turn them upside down so that the +'s and -'s line up. :)

Kopite 18-07-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 143103)
but you dont need to discharge a lipo???:confused:


...regardless, it says that it can. The point is, you can set the discharge cut off voltage on this one for your NiMH

Si2008 18-07-2008 12:44 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

I've never used a discharge tray before but after the warnings regarding cells going bang I thought it was best I invested in one.

i4n 18-07-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redonesgofaster (Post 143105)
the one thing to watch is the polarity of the tray. Depending on how the packs have been made up you may need to swap them round or turn them upside down so that the +'s and -'s line up. :)


Found that one out the hard way with an LRP2 :(

Now on a Tekin Battery Doctor which doesn't care which way in you put your batteries.

mark christopher 18-07-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si2008 (Post 143113)
Thanks for the info guys.

I've never used a discharge tray before but after the warnings regarding cells going bang I thought it was best I invested in one.

look out for a cheap novak smart tray, can be had for £30 ish and well worth it


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com