oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Batley Buggy Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Which motor (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125089)

Tobamory 21-03-2013 01:07 PM

Which motor
 
Guys I've managed to get a couple of speed passions on eBay, but ones a 4.5 only cost me 15, but its too much I think for Sundays.

I'm trying to narrow it down to a model or 2 and wanted just some advice on what if any benefits some have, or are they much of a muchness .

I think at present I'm steering towards

Vampires newish one
Thunder powers
Orion vst. But a bit pricey

Anybody any views, don't want to start a flaming match, I'd like to have side terminations if poss as the K1 is a bit tight if like the speed passions.

Many thanks,

Rob


Oo by the way what do you guys use to hold stuff when soldering, I need a 3rd arm. Any advice on a small vicelike thingymebob

And lastly do you all go direct to the motor from esc, or do any of you use bullet connectors for quick changes, if so what kind of connectors?

jameswilkinson7 21-03-2013 01:08 PM

Vampire all the way :)

Aire valley 21-03-2013 04:08 PM

I have a little holder that has a couple of adjustable arms for holding the wires cost less than a fiver at a tool shop....that plus a piece of wood with holes drilled in to hold the plugs and sockets..!!
I use 3.5mm gold corally type connectors, short plug wires on the motors and sockets on the esc wires......makes changing motors easy and saves wear and tear...
Motors...take your choice.!

Swell 21-03-2013 06:22 PM

Je models
 
Have just started a bargin bin section yesterday there were a few cheap motors on there yesterday have a look see if theres any left

Tobamory 21-03-2013 07:30 PM

wheres that the mega specials area ?

Swell 21-03-2013 07:52 PM

Thats it, had a look theres mainly indoor motors there not sure Wheather the thunder powers are any good


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com