oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   The PlayGround (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Cider Undertones (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12813)

Mrs oOple 31-07-2008 08:49 PM

Cider Undertones
 
I brought Jimmy some mixed fruit flavour cider because it looked exciting, but he says he's had a bad experience with cider, and even though it doesn't taste like cider, it still has cidery undertones. So I brought him a standard drink instead.

craigosh 31-07-2008 08:56 PM

Was it Jaques? I'll have it, i put my organic westons in the freezer and now have to wait for it to defrost :( Gutted....

Mrs oOple 31-07-2008 08:57 PM

Jimmy once put a can of fanta zero in the freezer and forgot about it, but it was ok - he didn't have to wait for it to defrost, it just exploded all over the kitchen floor when he opened the freezer. A dusty shower of ice.

craigosh 31-07-2008 09:05 PM

Couldn't wait for it to defrost totally so now have cider slushy...
Quite nice...

MK999 31-07-2008 09:25 PM

I have also had a bad experience with cider, and strongbow cirrus was fine for testing the water before I went back to being able to drink real ciders, I think Jimmy needs to man it up some ! :thumbsup: (Although he could probably drink me under the table, because a slightly 'ard hamster could :blush:)

Stu 31-07-2008 09:32 PM

Cider makes me poo a lot.

jimmy 31-07-2008 09:42 PM

orange bacardi breezers were 1 quid a go one night - never touched one since :(

MK999 31-07-2008 09:44 PM

Sounds like you need experience of student bars :thumbsup: double vodka and mixer 1.50 anyone? :woot: after a week you could teetotal :thumbsup:

peetbee 31-07-2008 10:16 PM

The local offy has started to stock a Strawberry flavoured Pear Cider and a Raspberry flavoured Pear Cider.
Both are verrrry nishe, hic!:drool:

jimmy 31-07-2008 10:18 PM

I like the strawberry but still - I think I need to be slightly 'there' already before I can even sniff cider without feeling a bit off.


Vinegar flavoured cider would be cool

craigosh 31-07-2008 10:30 PM

You dont get that cider overtone with pear cider i find, even Jaques is maybe a bit more like a fruity wine than a cider...! *HIC* I had some pear cider with lemon and it tasted like hooch, remember that? how ace was hooch...

ben 31-07-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 146664)

Vinegar flavoured cider would be cool

Jimmygar?

jimmy 31-07-2008 10:40 PM

Hooch was great - I don't beleive these fruity yummy drinks should be banned because some random kid might drink one... I had a cherry Veba once - it tasted like cherry on crack, it was the best thing ever.

MikePimlott 31-07-2008 10:46 PM

Hooch was a benchmark for all this sh*t alchopop, t'was ace Hooch.

I once had some somerset cider in a litre jug. That tasted like vinegar (from what i can remember) :wtf:

peetbee 01-08-2008 12:11 AM

Arrr, now propper zider, tis different story.
It's flat and too cloudy to see through, normally served slightly warm and tastes very apply. Not what you'd describe as a refreshing drink though!

craigosh is right though, no cidery undertone with pear cider.

Going out in Bristle at the time, hooch was far less popular than Diamond White! That were gurt lush, to coin a phrase.

I reckon these strawberry and raspberry ciders are far nicer than hooch, etc. They were all a bit sickly sweet for me.

Due to Crohns I now can't drink much and I can't drink lager or beer at all, so I've been experimenting with a large variety of ciders instead!

I'm thirsty now!

Lee 01-08-2008 08:13 AM

I tried a smirnoff ice the other week for the first time in about 8 years, those things are so sweet now, you cant even taste the alcohol :cry:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com