oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Fisker still on track to deliver Karma by end of 2009 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13560)

merry 29-08-2008 02:19 AM

Fisker still on track to deliver Karma by end of 2009
 
http://www.automk.com/media/2008/04/...live81_opt.jpg

Click above for high-res gallery of the Fisker Karma
Fisker Automotive may be knee-deep in a legal battle with electric car pioneer Tesla Motors, but the fledgling automaker is still committed to producing its stunning Karma plug-in electric vehicle by Q4 2009. Henrik Fisker and crew have received so much negative press regarding the pending lawsuit that it issued a press release to ensure prospective buyers that that the Karma was on its way, but also to explain where its PHEV technology originates.
Fisker calls the lawsuit "nonsense," and points out that his design company, Fisker Coachbuild, has non-exlusive design contracts with many automakers. The press release, which is available after the jump, shows that Fisker is getting its PHEV tech from a company called Quantum Technologies, which has also created electric vehicles for the U.S. Armed Forces. The release doesn't specifically address Tesla's contention that Fisker stole electric vehicle design secrets, but then again it's probably not a good idea to discuss pending litigation in any real detail.
It seems as though Tesla Motors is just a little peeved that the Karma's design is superior to the one Fisker Coachbuild designed for its upcoming WhiteStar sedan, which we're hoping to see soon so we can know what all the fuss is about.

SHY 29-08-2008 04:50 AM

Nice! What's suggested retail price?

Spoolio 29-08-2008 09:16 PM

Er, its electric, I get that bit but what is this post doing in this particular section :confused:. I mean, it's not even a truck for heavens sake (although I guess Tesla would probably call it one).

Perhaps Mr Fisker should re-post this topic himself in the "I made this" section :woot:.

Anyhoo, if it runs on LiPo, does that mean I'd have to park it in a huge charging pouch if I bought one ;).


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com