oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Any xfactory drivers at the worlds? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137087)

Danny Harrison 28-09-2013 03:00 PM

Any xfactory drivers at the worlds?

Was interested to see how the cubed performed. Anyone know if there were any racing?

Thanks.

Origineelreclamebord 28-09-2013 05:23 PM

I'm curious about this too as I haven't seen any pictures of the Cubed at the Worlds, and the full results list won't load.

Darren Boyle 28-09-2013 07:23 PM

Sadly neither Paul Sinclair (US) or Rich Lowe (UK/Europe) were able to attend, Paul was too busy at work with the ongoing batches of the new Cubed kits along with other work commitments and Rich was unable to attend from over here due to personal reasons, speaking to both they are really dissappointed that they could not make it this year...

They were the only two "factory" drivers who were intending going from X-Factory, whether or not any of the other US team drivers qualified or not and went along, I do not know, but with the US only getting 40 places (I think) I dont think XF had any of their team drivers in amongst those places.

YoungChazz 29-09-2013 01:37 AM

I can't speak for anyplace else, but the way the U.S. system works is: at the R.O.A.R. Nationals the year before, the top 40 drivers (A - D mains) go to the worlds. So the 2012 Nats set the U.S. team for this year's worlds.

That race was held at West Coast R/C (just recently closed) and you had to know the track well to do well. Paul had never been there before, and finally got his cars sorted for the mains, by which time it was too late. In buggy, the top 21 drivers were all from southern Cali or were well familiar with West Coast. Many people are unhappy that the Nats have been held two consecutive years in California.

It's been kind of a bummer knowing for a year that we couldn't go to the worlds here in the U.S. Paul was the highest-finishing Team driver. If I remember correctly, he was in the E.

Danny Harrison 29-09-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungChazz (Post 806166)
I can't speak for anyplace else, but the way the U.S. system works is: at the R.O.A.R. Nationals the year before, the top 40 drivers (A - D mains) go to the worlds. So the 2012 Nats set the U.S. team for this year's worlds.

That race was held at West Coast R/C (just recently closed) and you had to know the track well to do well. Paul had never been there before, and finally got his cars sorted for the mains, by which time it was too late. In buggy, the top 21 drivers were all from southern Cali or were well familiar with West Coast. Many people are unhappy that the Nats have been held two consecutive years in California.

It's been kind of a bummer knowing for a year that we couldn't go to the worlds here in the U.S. Paul was the highest-finishing Team driver. If I remember correctly, he was in the E.

Thanks Chazz thats a real shame. I think the cubed would of liked the high bite track too.
Here in the UK the nats are held over several month and at various locations. Makes it a bit more fair I think.