oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   x-6 gearing help (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16116)

pizzaman 18-11-2008 01:00 PM

x-6 gearing help
 
hi, could some one please tell the correct pinion to use with a 78 spur. im using lrp sphere comp with x11 6.5 bonded and the 4 gear x-6 tranny.
i would rather get longer run times than over heat motor or speedo
cheers

JustARcFan 18-11-2008 01:07 PM

22 would be ok.

Body Paint 18-11-2008 01:19 PM

That sounds a bit big for a 6.5 Bonded, isn't it?

JustARcFan 18-11-2008 01:39 PM

Depends a bit on the track but a 22 or 21 would do it. Best you can do is test it and feel how hot the motor is after a run.

bigred5765 18-11-2008 01:40 PM

that is to big on a bonded rotor, we ran them all last year i would say 20 ish.

burgie 18-11-2008 01:43 PM

is a 22 too big? really?

i was running my x11 5.5 bonded on 23....anything less than that an it just sounded like it was revving it's tits off without going anywhere.

bigred5765 18-11-2008 01:44 PM

well not really to big but the guys asked for run time not speed,but 23 on a 5.5 is just plain crazy lol

super__dan 18-11-2008 01:44 PM

I agree, start lower and work up than overheat it and then gear down.

burgie 18-11-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super__dan (Post 179655)
I agree, start lower and work up than overheat it and then gear down.

that's the ACE thing though, mine doesn't overheat on a 23, it runs cooler than it did between 20 - 22 :thumbsup:

JustARcFan 18-11-2008 02:00 PM

It all depends on the track.

I would start with a 20, check how hot the motor is and maybe gear up a bit afterwards.

Mike Hudson 18-11-2008 02:13 PM

20t should be just right :thumbsup:

Lee 18-11-2008 02:31 PM

What diameter are your rear tyres?

pizzaman 18-11-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 179670)
What diameter are your rear tyres?

3.2 ,3.3

Lee 18-11-2008 03:39 PM

Well after taking the tyre diameter into account and I assume you will either be running on astro/dirt or indoor where there is very low rolling resistance, I would probably start with a 20 tooth pinion and see how it goes from there :thumbsup:

pizzaman 18-11-2008 03:56 PM

thanks to all the quick replys 20/78 will be on for sundays racing.
cheers

bigred5765 18-11-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 179670)
What diameter are your rear tyres?

your such a tc bod lmao:thumbsup:

Body Paint 18-11-2008 04:47 PM

I beleive that if you calculate the rolling mass and take into account the moment of inertia, then divide that by the square root of pythagaris's theorum, that unless you actually knew the size of the tyres and the drag coefficient of said tyre that you would not be able to come to the same conclusion as everyone else, that the correct gear ratio for a 6.5 bonded is 20/78.... congratulations Lee... go to the top of the class :woot:

Big E 18-11-2008 09:08 PM

Lee that is a sad comment, I thought we had flushed that TC stuff out of you :D

I used to run a 21/81 on a 6.5 bonded so I would think 20/78 would be about right to start.

With sintered (12.5mm) I run 22/78.

I would recommend getting a sintered 12.5mm rotor as well as they run much cooler than with the bonded rotors

Lee 18-11-2008 10:09 PM

I do have the odd relapse.


My name is Lee and i have been TC free for 18 months :thumbsup::lol:

bigred5765 18-11-2008 10:16 PM

the whole room stands up and says, well done lee lmfao.

touring car anonymous


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com