oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   XRAY (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   XB4 15 driveshaft hitting outdrive (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167211)

bomber 07-05-2015 08:35 AM

XB4 15 driveshaft hitting outdrive
 
Just finishing building my XB4 2015 but I have a problem that when running the hingepins on the inner position the driveshaft is hitting the inside of the outdrive under full compression, I know this has been reported before and I know I can install uptravel limiters but has anyone else come up with a proper fix. From what i can see this is due to the outdrive protruding out from the diff approximately 1mm more on that side, if I flip the diff it does exactly the same on the other side.


Shaft hitting outdrive and limiting shock travel
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8835/...9c677a9f_z.jpgUntitled

ok side outdrive sits flush with bearing
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8886/...c5dbfddb_z.jpgUntitled Flickr

Problem side, the outdrive sits out another 1mm or so
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7700/...b5b31989_z.jpgUntitled

luniemiester 07-05-2015 06:31 PM

There was an issue a few months back where the rear hanger was 0.5mm out of position on the right hand side, XRAY were supposed to be sending out free replacement parts so maybe get in touch with rcdisco to get a set and see if that sorts it?

bomber 07-05-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luniemiester (Post 911232)
There was an issue a few months back where the rear hanger was 0.5mm out of position on the right hand side, XRAY were supposed to be sending out free replacement parts so maybe get in touch with rcdisco to get a set and see if that sorts it?

I have contacted X-ray today but no real help they said just to check the manual, not very good customer service on this occasion, my car is supposed to be the latest kit with all the revised parts, I will email rcdisco to see if they can help

BentKa 07-05-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomber (Post 911276)
I have contacted X-ray today but no real help they said just to check the manual, not very good customer service on this occasion, my car is supposed to be the latest kit with all the revised parts, I will email rcdisco to see if they can help

You just use limiters to adjust up travel and droop ;)

Amount of limiters needed to limit suspension travel will depend on hinge pin insert positions, camber link location, shock position on arms and tower and wether you run the shocks on the front or rear of the arms.

We typically run 4-6mm limiters + O-ring when using the inside positions and shocks in front of the arms :)

Inserts on the inside and 5mm + O-ring limiting up travel…….works good enough for us……………..





Bent


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com