oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Yokomo Hotdog value? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178280)

Adam F 23-03-2016 10:28 PM

Yokomo Hotdog value?
 
Ok, so I picked up a Hotdog with the intention of using it as a racer, but its arrived and is too good in my opinion to use.

Any idea what kind of money they are worth? Never seen one sell before?

Its used, some marks on the chassis etc, but hasn't done much. Its still on the original tyres and comes with a brand new shell and a new associated wing. (closest I could find)

Any thoughts?

ralphee 23-03-2016 11:15 PM

Maybe £150 ish? TBH, it shares so many abundant YR4 parts, it would not be too hard to maintain, only hard to find or spendy parts would be suspension arms which are taken from the Works cars!

Lee

Peakey 23-03-2016 11:44 PM

Get some pics up dude and let's see it, I say run it there never too good to run but there too good to leave in the shelf :thumbsup:

Adam F 24-03-2016 06:17 AM

Cheers, that's kinda what I was thinking.

To be honest, it's not just the condition, it's more that it would need too much changing (bearings/diffs/slipper) to run brushless reliably, that it would change it away from what it is, so I think it's better left alone.

I'll get some piccies up.

ralphee 24-03-2016 07:24 AM

Put a mild brushed in, i ran a works 92 on a 12 single, on carpet, and it was bloomin fantastic, even used Nimh cells lol, TBH it was pretty deadly on foams!
May even have a used works centre slipper laying about somewhere, the twin plate/pulley deal!
In any case, you dont see many HotDogs around, so i do see the shelf aspect too!

Lee

Adam F 24-03-2016 07:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Pics of the car...

Main negatives are the overuse of glue to secure the electrics and missing servo mounts/undertray...


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com