oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   lazer zxr set up for astro, help (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191425)

catman79 19-07-2017 08:20 AM

lazer zxr set up for astro, help

hi, I'm just after a bit of help with a set up for my lazer zxr on astro, I'm planning on using it at the revival, ive got the tyres sorted, but was wondering about shock oils for astro? any ideas?
also whats the correct way to set up the slipper?

Peakey 19-07-2017 08:54 AM

What tyres are you running? I've gone for blocks on my yoke as wherever I've been with mini spikes I get so much grip roll it's just untrue.
As for setup of a Kyosho I've got no idea :lol::lol:

catman79 19-07-2017 09:02 AM

ive got mini spikes all round but was thinking about getting something different for the front incase I have too much grip! what would you recommend?

fidspeed 19-07-2017 09:32 AM

4wd wide schuey stagger ribs will work well ag revuval
See you there

catman79 19-07-2017 09:45 AM

thanks, which compound to I need? and would I still run mini spikes on the rear?

Peakey 19-07-2017 10:29 AM

I ran staggers on my Xls The other year and again so much grip that's why I'm trying blocks, you want yellow compond for the dry and if you want greens or blue for the wet but if it's wet it's fun to slide them around

Welshy40 19-07-2017 11:13 AM

Use a starting setup. I would go with 2 hole front, 40wt oil, 1 hole rear with 30 wt oil. Springs i go one or two heavier on the front compared to the rear. Ujs just under level front and rear. Other info you might like is on the vintage car set up page. Setting a standard zxr slipper is a doddle, put car on the deck either on carpet or astro, hold car flat to floor and hit throttle. If it takes off its too tight, if you set it so it sounds like the pads slipping but sounds like its struggling and the cars also trying to pull away then its set.

DerbyDan 20-07-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 975764)
I ran staggers on my Xls The other year and again so much grip that's why I'm trying blocks, you want yellow compond for the dry and if you want greens or blue for the wet but if it's wet it's fun to slide them around

The wide 4wd cut staggers in yellow compound were perfect on the front of my ProCat last year (& the year before that) - you do have to use foam inserts in them, which you don't use with the narrow 2wd Staggers. With matching Yellow compound Minispike tyres on the rear. I shall continue with the wide staggers on the front of my ZXR - but will probably use up some Mini Dart tyres for the rear, that I had been using throughout this year's regional series. The Mini Darts seem to be a slightly better tyre for Astroturf over the Minispike, but people were trying Minispikes at the Mid East Regional at A1 as the track got more sandy & they were providing very similar levels of grip/lap times.

Its only the rear tyre that you need to really worry about if it rains - green compound Ballistic Buggy's minispikes seem to be the go-to tyre in the wet - green compound minispikes from Schumacher are OK but not quite as good as the Ballistic Buggy tyres.

Justin - if you were getting grip-roll last year then I suggest that was more to do with car setup? You will probably find that you will end up trimming the outer row of blocks off your front tyres... if its dry?

catman79 24-07-2017 06:48 PM

Cheers for the input guys, out of interest is there any way I can get rid of the one way? I'm guessing it's in the slipper?

Welshy40 24-07-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catman79 (Post 976034)
Cheers for the input guys, out of interest is there any way I can get rid of the one way? I'm guessing it's in the slipper?

Get a nyloc nut and tighten all the way up but never tried it.

catman79 24-07-2017 08:19 PM

Guess you mean a nut the opposite end to the slipper adjuster nut?