oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   WHAT LOSI SPRINGS FOR X-6 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20025)

stegger 27-02-2009 08:31 AM

WHAT LOSI SPRINGS FOR X-6
 
Could somebody tell me what losi springs i will ever need for UK tracks indoor and outdoor ? i've also noticed some are different lenghts so part-no etc would be usefull so i get the right ones :)
I've had this explained before but i've lost the info and i've had a few sleeps and drinks since then:woot::woot:

bigred5765 27-02-2009 09:37 AM

front
black,blue,green,silver
rear
red,pink,yellow,white
that should do you indoors and out

stegger 27-02-2009 11:27 AM

Cheers matty :)

super__dan 27-02-2009 02:46 PM

I wouldn't make the yellow or whites a priority on the rears, or silver fronts assuming you're racing on traditional (fairly high) grip tracks. That said having a large range of springs is never a bad thing!

Lee 27-02-2009 03:24 PM

Yellow is weird isn't it , im sure Ellis can explain in detail why but its something to do with the length that makes them feel weird, this is why they are never really used and people skip them and go straight to white, but i have never gone softer than pink on the rear.


On the X5 though i have used whites but usually use a roll bar with them.

I think a pink rear makes the car feel safer though.

telboy 27-02-2009 03:24 PM

I just ordered the lot!!:woot::p

super__dan 27-02-2009 04:52 PM

I must use a pink 99% of the time and then tailor with a roll bar or not to suit. The only time I can remember using anything else was Belgium GP last year which was a combnation of high rear grip but trying to get stagger ribs to steer so used read rears.

Northy 27-02-2009 04:55 PM

Thank you captain understeer! :woot:

G

Lee 27-02-2009 05:06 PM

Actually, i disagree with you on that point G, when ever i have used Dan's cars they have been very balanced, i have never had to change my driving style or felt it needed more steering. I actually went up in oil front shock oil when i used his X6 to take away a bit of mid corner hook.

I did use full throttle once or twice at east trax though :blush:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com