oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   B44 vs MID44 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21948)

chokoboy 05-04-2009 08:22 PM

B44 vs MID44
 
I just bought a brand new/never run B44 here on oople i also have a MID44 conversion kit that i got for a good price!
My question is should i leave it as a standard B44 or should i convert it into a MID44?
Is there any notable difference between the B44 and the MID44?

GRIFF55 05-04-2009 08:25 PM

best bloke to ask would be belsten, as he has ran both. I'm guessing the mid44 will have more steering as the weight is further forward.

Belsten 06-04-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chokoboy (Post 226394)
I just bought a brand new/never run B44 here on oople i also have a MID44 conversion kit that i got for a good price!
My question is should i leave it as a standard B44 or should i convert it into a MID44?
Is there any notable difference between the B44 and the MID44?

I would suggest you try both to see which suits your driving style best
There is a fairly large notable difference between them. There is a lot more steering with the Mid44 and I found I ran generally heavier shock oil all round compared to the standard B44. Also on high traction tracks, no rear roll bar but ran the silver front bar
I hope that helps

zaquiz 06-04-2009 09:19 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but with lipos in a B44 (without adding on weight), it should feel more like a Mid44 with NiMH, since the centre of gravity is put forward. Am I correct?

I am currently running my B44 with Intellect 4200 Lipo (230g) plus 35g. It feels different from before, but still fast. I understand that the feeling would be similar to the Mid44 with nimh, with the CEG closer to the front.

With a Mid44, with Lipos, the CEG is maybe way too close to the front, resulting in less rear traction?

Belsten 06-04-2009 09:43 AM

depends where you are mounting the additional weight really but yes would give a similair feel

Oliv996 06-04-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaquiz (Post 226531)
Correct me if I am wrong, but with lipos in a B44 (without adding on weight), it should feel more like a Mid44 with NiMH, since the centre of gravity is put forward. Am I correct?

I am currently running my B44 with Intellect 4200 Lipo (230g) plus 35g. It feels different from before, but still fast. I understand that the feeling would be similar to the Mid44 with nimh, with the CEG closer to the front.

With a Mid44, with Lipos, the CEG is maybe way too close to the front, resulting in less rear traction?

Totally agree. You have understood the meaning of MiD44 concept ;)

zaquiz 06-04-2009 02:57 PM

Oliver, are you coming to the Euros in Spain (warm up as well)?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com