oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lock Nut Replacements (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24141)

jkonline 17-05-2009 08:15 AM

Lock Nut Replacements
 
Somehow the lock nut on the front wheel of my b4 fell off after I crashed.
As I can not longer find it I need to replace it as a three wheeled car is just not the same.

I could replace it with the official part 6222 labelled "4-40 or 5-40 Black nylon self threading locknuts" however I was wondering was it worth changing to aluminium e.g. something like losi 4-40 aluminium low profile locknuts? is there any point and will they fit.

If someone could also explain what it mean by 4-40 or 5-40 and which I will need?

Thanks

MiCk B. 17-05-2009 10:44 AM

Hey,

4-40 / 5-40 refer to the size of the thread.

The front axles on the b4, the ones that need a nut to keep the wheel on are a 5-40 thread. The 6222 nuts are nylon and the axle will cut a thread into them.
Part number 6629 are Associated 5-40 lock nuts.The 6222 nuts are good enough for the front wheels and are what most people use. Just change them every so often.

MiCk B. :-)

mikeyscott 17-05-2009 12:51 PM

Any from Nortech to be recommended?

ben 17-05-2009 11:25 PM

Im sure graham from nortech could get some 5-40 size thread nuts in stock but id doubt he has any the moment because it's not a size used very often!

Worth pm'ing him :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com