oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   NEAM Seaham Sunderland (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Regional track building (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24151)

chrispattinson 17-05-2009 11:16 AM

Regional track building
 
I suggested 11 AM this Friday, is that ok with everyone?

And I think the idea was to get there early this Tuesday to move stuff into the trailer for storage until Friday.

I am meeting with the council this week to get the area marked (Ill try to pick a bit of the park with some nice smooth natural undulations), grass cut and rolled, get fencing, ramps, rostrum, key for the park etc sorted.

David Pack has volunteered to do Race Control on Saturday, as he's not doing 2WD. Was someone sorting a curry night out for Sat night aswell?

Track designer? to do a plan.

We are going to need to get a van, race control tent, Race director for Sunday.

See y'all Tuesday.

cmgreen 17-05-2009 12:01 PM

I'll give a hand with race control on sat, give pack a break!

Will be there around 3pm friday afternoon to help out

N7ELA 17-05-2009 12:42 PM

Chris I think we'll have to hire a van for the weekend...

Peter has suggested we use the trailer and we can run race control out of there...

turbo_brick 17-05-2009 04:16 PM

I'll help sort the track out on friday, will hopefully be there just after 11. In theory you could use the trailer if you've got something big enough to pull it. Otherwise you'll have to hire a van from thursday till mon/tues.

Sat night I'll be having a bbq or something as the kids will be there with us.

Peter

chrispattinson 17-05-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_brick (Post 242368)
In theory you could use the trailer if you've got something big enough to pull it.

Peter

We need Geoff with his F350 hi lift, wonder what happened to him???

N7ELA 17-05-2009 08:46 PM

Think chris stewart has his number....

turbo_brick 18-05-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispattinson (Post 242268)
I am meeting with the council this week to get the area marked (Ill try to pick a bit of the park with some nice smooth natural undulations), grass cut and rolled, get fencing, ramps, rostrum, key for the park etc sorted.

Any chance you can have a quick word about land for a permanent track, while your there. Just thinking ahead with no racing over the summer etc.

Peter

chrispattinson 18-05-2009 07:13 AM

Are you thinking an area of grass to use over the summer, which may be possible, or a permanant track full stop, which is less likely as we get into planning permission etc.

turbo_brick 18-05-2009 10:46 AM

either or, permanent venue would be better even if we have to go through all the planning stuff.

Peter

chris68nufc 18-05-2009 07:29 PM

Thought you had took a back seat Peter. Whats this about a permanent track?

turbo_brick 18-05-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris68nufc (Post 242977)
Thought you had took a back seat Peter. Whats this about a permanent track?

I'm not here over the summer, so was thinking of others :D I'm nice like that occasionally.

As for taking a step back, only for the regional organising. Track building etc I'll do it if I'm there.

If people want a permanent track up north, then we need to start making enquiries about land, I'm still waiting to here back from durham county council, otherwise it'll be a case of renting it off someone.

Peter

chrispattinson 20-05-2009 08:24 AM

Ive got a van booked, Im picking it up Thursday, for 5 days, costing us £185 from Enterprise.

I hope we can get some help at Jarrow School on Thursday night to put the entire track into the van, as I think me and Pack will be struggling on our own. All help much appreciated.

Otherwise, its 11AM in Bents Park on Friday - dont forget to bring the track plan Peter!.

chrispattinson 20-05-2009 09:47 AM

Just trying to think if we have everything covered:

Rent Van
Thursday Van filling
Sound setting up
Printer setting up incl paper and inks
Track Building
Grass Cutting
Fencing
Rostrum
Burger Van
Someone to look after the key for the park, and have a mobile number available
Race Control Tent
Race Control 2WD
Race Control 4WD
Track modification on Sat night
Track Design
Generator

The above are all sorted, or on their way to being sorted.
If anyone can think of anything else that needs sorting, put it in this thread.

Cockerill 20-05-2009 09:49 AM

Sun? :D

chrispattinson 20-05-2009 10:58 AM

The Sun is booked!

turbo_brick 20-05-2009 08:27 PM

Just gone through the list that we'd done (based on last year) only things not mentioned but of course you might have done is......

Contact school about getting in to collect and drop off ropes ( especially dropping off as next week is half term)

(mrs) turbo_brick

PS well done everyone, I know after last year how much work is involved, at least there is no rostrum to sort etc :D see you on Friday

chrispattinson 21-05-2009 07:03 AM

Thanks Martia.

If anyone can contact the school, or give me a name and possibly a number of a contact, I will seek permission for tonight.

chrispattinson 21-05-2009 03:34 PM

If anyone else could lend a hand tonight it'd be appreciated, as David Pack has managed to put an allen Key through his hand and it came out the other side.

Also.... its been fun and games with the van hire........ The van is broken, so Ive had to get another one from Vic young for £181.

Dalla 21-05-2009 03:35 PM

Marshall point numbers done.
I've modified the club flyer and will print out tomorrow.

Let me know if there are any other notices needed.

dayxwalker 21-05-2009 03:58 PM

Sorry cannot help out as I am still in center parcs ! I am back home tomorrow but I need to know if many are camping over on sat night as I will have to get sorted tomorrow when I get in !


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com