oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How much weight and where? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26552)

dbizzle5 02-07-2009 10:02 PM

How much weight and where?
 
I know this question has been asked alot and I have read through all the post about weight distribution with the 35/65 theory but can someone confirm exactly what weight is used and where. From what I can gather its about 40/50g under the lipo, 70g under the speedo but how much on the servo? I know it changes from wet to dry but can someone confirm the exact weight used and in what condition?

thanks

jono83 02-07-2009 10:08 PM

ideally you want it to weigh around 1750g in mine i have 50g under the lipo about 80 under my speed and about 50ish behind my servo and another 15g in my front bulk head but i take the lead behind the servo out depend on the grip levels.

RudeTony 02-07-2009 11:11 PM

May I suggest like Ellis Stafford does
See this link

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26434

Regards

N7ELA 03-07-2009 02:30 AM

First thing I did was get 4 sets of scales and put a wheel on each with the car sitting level. I counter balanced side to side first by putting 20 grams in the pod next to the motor pinion. Next I added 50 grams under the servo 120 grams under the Lipo's. I then placed something like 100 - 120 grams under the speedo. This gave me something like a 67 - 33 % split. Think i had to add 10 grams at the front bulkhead and a couple of 5 gram weights about to fine tune it in.

Here's where it gets tricky. I weighed in at 1740 with a 65.6 - 34-4 split. After running this and moving some weights about i finally settled for 1708 after removing 32 grams from under the lipos. At my first regional the car weighed in at 1760 grams. I then weighed the car at work on calibrated precision accurate scales and got 1690 grams. I weighed them on another set of scales and got 1725.

I think your never going to get the ideal weight spot on but the 35 - 65 split is crucial. For me i think its about 37 - 63 on dry grass outdoor and slippery indoor tracks.

dbizzle5 03-07-2009 05:33 PM

Thanks for your responses! Looking at your posts Tony is it right that ellis uses 120g under the servo?? That seems extreme? And as far as weighing all four wheels I dont even have 1 set of scales! I think im just gonna go for 50g under lipo, 70-80g under speedo and 70g on servo. Does this sound about right?

N7ELA 03-07-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbizzle5 (Post 260727)
Thanks for your responses! Looking at your posts Tony is it right that ellis uses 120g under the servo?? That seems extreme? And as far as weighing all four wheels I dont even have 1 set of scales! I think im just gonna go for 50g under lipo, 70-80g under speedo and 70g on servo. Does this sound about right?

Well buy at least 1 set and with the right technique you can get the weight distribution spot on...

Trust me it makes sooooooooo much difference, rather than guessing....

RudeTony 03-07-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbizzle5 (Post 260727)
Thanks for your responses! Looking at your posts Tony is it right that ellis uses 120g under the servo?? That seems extreme? And as far as weighing all four wheels I dont even have 1 set of scales! I think im just gonna go for 50g under lipo, 70-80g under speedo and 70g on servo. Does this sound about right?


www.rudebits.co.uk
We have just made a complete kit of all the weights that Ellis Stafford uses and HOW he uses them and more important, WHEN
Have a look - also comes with full Ellis Stafford instructions.
I have to say Ellis has the balance just right and not many of us can argue that his car looks superb at any track. After all he is the British 2wd Champion - Photos up on the website within an hour or so!!
All the best all

dbizzle5 03-07-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeTony (Post 260772)
www.rudebits.co.uk
We have just made a complete kit of all the weights that Ellis Stafford uses and HOW he uses them and more important, WHEN
Have a look - also comes with full Ellis Stafford instructions.
I have to say Ellis has the balance just right and not many of us can argue that his car looks superb at any track. After all he is the British 2wd Champion - Photos up on the website within an hour or so!!
All the best all

Thanks Tony but unfortunatly £85 is worth more than my car! lol.

N7ELA 04-07-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbizzle5 (Post 260787)
Thanks Tony but unfortunatly £85 is worth more than my car! lol.

and mine....... :D:D:D:D:D

I'll be sticking to lead and brass me.........

Big E 04-07-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbizzle5 (Post 260727)
Thanks for your responses! Looking at your posts Tony is it right that ellis uses 120g under the servo?? That seems extreme? And as far as weighing all four wheels I dont even have 1 set of scales! I think im just gonna go for 50g under lipo, 70-80g under speedo and 70g on servo. Does this sound about right?

That is how much I have behind my servo :)

E.

RudeTony 04-07-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N7ELA (Post 260854)
and mine....... :D:D:D:D:D

I'll be sticking to lead and brass me.........


All prices revised lads after the massive bill for all the brass was atually cheaper than quoted
www.rudebits.co.uk
Thanks again


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com