oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Lrp X-11 or Novak Velociti (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2807)

KyoshoK 18-03-2007 12:19 PM

Lrp X-11 or Novak Velociti
 
Which is better?

X-11 is newer, did it improve on Novak Velociti?

bert digler 18-03-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyoshoK (Post 29461)
Which is better?

X-11 is newer, did it improve on Novak Velociti?

lrp defo any probs they are interested ,novak uk only ok, as well buy from abroad at your peril regarding warrenty;)

annie_himself 18-03-2007 02:47 PM

I don't think they have been released long enough. Has the LRP motors been released?

stefke 19-03-2007 03:29 PM

The X11 has been released. Be carefull though : in most official race series, the sintered rotors are not yet allowed ! Same goes for the new Novaks.

super__dan 19-03-2007 03:33 PM

Sintered is right after April though isn't it?

I ran my Novak yesterday with both sintered and bonded eventually sticking with the bonded (6.5), had a great drag race with Danny, Pritchard and Stu Mahon. I think we all had 6.5's except Stu who had a 4.5 Mtroniks and he only one by a wafer (before it thermalled ;) )

I honestly can't say enough good things about the Novak systesm I recently got, feels just like a really good brushed motor but with no skimming etc, freaking ace!

stefke 19-03-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super__dan (Post 29621)
Sintered is right after April though isn't it?

I ran my Novak yesterday with both sintered and bonded eventually sticking with the bonded (6.5), had a great drag race with Danny, Pritchard and Stu Mahon. I think we all had 6.5's except Stu who had a 4.5 Mtroniks and he only one by a wafer (before it thermalled ;) )

I honestly can't say enough good things about the Novak systesm I recently got, feels just like a really good brushed motor but with no skimming etc, freaking ace!

Why did you choose to run the bonded rotors ? I was thinking of upgrading my LRP Vector's with the X11's sintered rotors ? Too brutal perhaps ?

super__dan 20-03-2007 06:34 PM

Good question.

Main reason was that it's the indoor finals next weekend and sintered isn't legal until after April 1st, so had to practice and set the speedo up on the bonded.

However Worksop is very slippy and I wanted the softer brakes of the bonded. I dare say I could have turned down the brakes but I knew if I went straight to bonded the brakes would be softer and just what I needed.

Long term sintered is the future, well I know the Velociti motors with sintered arm run super__cool and super__fast!

tc2k 20-03-2007 07:01 PM

Dan correct me if Im wrong but sintered will be legal only if it comes with the motor. So you cant buy a rotor and put it in your novak as they didnt sell it like that.

EDIT: Checking Novaks site from Feb 2007 they sell their brushless motors with sintered rotors. Whether this means all novak motors with sintered are legal or just those purchased after Feb, I dont know.

bigred5765 20-03-2007 07:30 PM

see below double post

bigred5765 20-03-2007 07:32 PM

only the 4.5 is sintered as standard in LRP x11 motors
and I'm sure the same in Novak according to web site any way 3.5 and 4.5
and to be honest, the LRP sintered in 4,5 revs less than the 5.5 bonded, but wattage is way higher

tc2k 20-03-2007 07:41 PM

As I said bigred all the novak motors are now sintered from Feb 2007

Colinevan 20-03-2007 07:42 PM

Just to add to your comments then really, I know for a fact that not many gtb have sold with sintered rotors direct from cml. I think the early 3.5 and poss the 4.5 ,ay be excluded hpwever. I know this as iv just purchased the first available improved GTB 4.5 with a sintered rotor from cml for my new trf 501x. Dave duggan from CMl was very helpful and informed me that this was there first in.

Everyone else that iv spoke too, including myself (with my older 5.5) have upgraded to a sintered rotor as they wasnt available as a complete motor. The newer factory spec sintered setups should be available with all the 7.5 / 6.5 /5.5 combos etc and should be available soon.

I suppose only cml etc can advise on current stock situations.

The only advice i would give is make sure that if your buying a gtb, its the newer sintered version, your local model shop will only know this if they ring cml and ask.

Col.

Colinevan 20-03-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc2k (Post 29814)
As I said bigred all the novak motors are now sintered from Feb 2007


Ha ha, just beat me to it. I think the first batch are all available as of now, the complete speedo n motor package however are just filtering through, If they were available as of Feb, Mine was the first sold in March, hence if anyone is bying one, make sure its not the model shops old stock which they might have had on shelf for a while.:cool:

Col.

AndyM 20-03-2007 08:00 PM

sorry, this is probably a stupid question:rolleyes: ....but is the actual differences between sintered and bonded?

Northy 20-03-2007 08:07 PM

Just thought I'd point out that Sintered rotors are NOT ALLOWED at the indoor finals at York this weekend.

G

gramey 20-03-2007 09:32 PM

:)Recently bought 1 x LRP X11 6.5 & 1 x Nosram Evolution 6.5 (same thing I'm told?) for mine and my sons Predator off road buggies and they're superb. I can't compare it with a Novak as this is my first brushless, I was swayed by the guy at my LHS who stock both but reckons back up on the LRP/Nosram is better.
So far I hav'nt been disappointed.:)

tc2k 20-03-2007 10:17 PM

Supposedly sintered runs alot coolor and more efficiently.

Im a bit undecided as to whether I should go brushless still

ApexSpeed 20-03-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc2k (Post 29849)
Supposedly sintered runs alot coolor and more efficiently.

Im a bit undecided as to whether I should go brushless still

Yes, go brushless. You'll never go back.


Sintered rotors are stronger magnets and can withstand higher heat than a standard bonded rotor. This helps with stronger brakes and allows slightly higher gearing with lower temps. Lower temps equals less thermal heat shutdowns. Actually, I don't know of too many guys who have thermaled a sintered rotor motor.

The truth is, a sintered rotor is better in EVERY way, with one exception. There is no real reason to not allow sintered rotors for mod class racing. The only downside to a sintered rotor is the cost, and that's it. They are better performing and more efficient in every way. Race groups not allowing sintered rotors don't understand the technology and are keeping it at arm's reach until they see other organizations allowing them. The only place I can understand not allowing them is in situations where brushless motors are allowed in stock or 19T classes, and in that case, a decided advantage is had at a much higher expense.

I run them in all of my motors. At $25 (USD) per rotor, it's no different than putting expensive cooling systems, ceramic bearings or costly brushes every 4 runs in a brushed motor.




doug

KyoshoK 20-03-2007 11:09 PM

so the 6.5r that i bought 6 months ago is not sinitered? i thought all the velociti motors were. i.e 7.5r - 3.5r ?? is there an easy way to tell??

sinistered means they have the larger rotor and bearing than the 4300/5800 ?

annie_himself 21-03-2007 12:11 AM

Has anyone driven the 7.5? How does it lay down power? I want the power of a 12t or so but not the hassle.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com